Did you meet your fiance online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pettytiffany View Post
We also met on line in 2005 from Lavalife.com. We always joke that I picked him! At first I didn't want to tell people we met on line, but the more people I talked to the more I realized a lot of people meet this way. I am so glad I did pick him!
I met my husband on yahoo personals. It was love at first sight, but his pics almost made me not pick him! He looked cute but in one he looked really doofy and was wearing a stocking hat and took the pic of himself, which I always find odd.

Anyway, my good friend is marrying a man she met on lavalife, and they are also a perfect match!

• 2 weeks later...

I think its becoming more and more normal now to meet online...we are all so busy these days its hard to meet people in "real life".

My fiancee and I met on match.com and talked on the phone for 2 months before actually meeting...I was skeptical. we had our first date February 16th, 2006 and have been inseparable since. we bought a house in Feb of 07 and in May of 08 while on vacation in Ocho Rios Jamaica he asked me to marry him while we were swimming in the ocean...how was was brave enough to go swimming with my diamond is beyond me.

so we are getting married in Ocho Rios next May in the same place he asked me to be his wife. I cant wait.

I think its great we all met our other halves online, it totally cuts out the dating horror stories to some degree.

I met my hubby on afronetwireless.com. I was a busy single parent who wanted to meet someone but the club scene was just not me. My hubby was a truck driver at the time. We met in August of 2004, met for the first time in October 2004. Were engaged Christmas Eve 2004 and married July 16, 2005. He lived in a city that was about an hour away and he relocated to be with me and my kids. My youngest was 9monhts at the time and I swear those two fell in love with each other before I did. My baby is now 5 and we are in the process of my hubby adopting him. (how cool is that!)

I had a lot of people who were really negative about how we met and it kind of hurt my feelings but the funny thing is, those same people are still single and miserably dating. I turned my aunt on to the site and she is now married. I also got my close friend into on-line dating and she is having a blast meeting some really nice guys. Who ever came up with the idea about on-line dating has done the world a HUGE favor. I now know tons of people who have met the loves of their lives on-line.

We didn´t meet online, but we got reconnected on FB! FI and I were exchange students in Canada 8 years ago. We were very good friends but we both dated someone else back then. Then we got back to our own country, and kept in touch on and off by emails. About 4 years ago, we didn´t write to each other any more cuz he changed his email address or sth. Then a year ago, we found each other on FB, and the magic happened! I vistied him in Mexico for 2 weeks, and then came back home with the engagement ring!!!

Yes, we did! We met on Match.com. When I was in my previous 5-yr relationship (I never thought it would end; in fact, we almost got engaged twice during that 5 yr period, looking for rings, talking about wedding venues, etc.), I used to encourage my single friends that I would totally try online dating if I were single. Well, when the relationship ended, I thought I should live by my own advice. So, I signed up for their 6-month guarantee. My FH was the very last guy I met with before the 6 month ended! His "inside" and his mind are exactly what I've been looking for, although physically, he was not my "type". But he had me at his first message - funny, thoughtful, articulate...14 months later from the day we first met (first date, or what I call meet-and-greet), he proposed! I cannot be happier and I'm so glad I tried online dating. It felt funny telling people we met online at first, and it still feels a bit funny when asked and answered; but he is my ultimate dream guy! Turns out we actually knew a friend of a friend - so who know? I potentially could have met him on another occasion, but this way, we met sooner than we potentially could have! Match.com 6-mo guarantee works! Haha!

We met on Match.com. "Never in a million years" I always said. Then I went on two BAD dates with guys I had met out with friends, one turned out to be 23 years old (I was almost 30 at the time and I have a son, so not ideal) then went out with a guy that turned out to be a complete psycho. Then a friend recommended Match.com. So I said "Fine, I'll do it for fun". So I did the 6 month deal thingy. Got a bunch of messages from different guys, most saying pretty much the same thing, non stood out. Then I get a message, his picture is next to the subject line before opening. So I see the pic and I'm like "not my type" it was very close up of the side of his face in black and white but I opened it up anyways and what he wrote won me over, he was witty, sounded very intelligent and had me laughing really hard. Then I see the rest of his pics and noticed how handsome he was. We emailed back and forth non-stop all day, every day for 2 weeks, I don't know how either one of us got any work done. So we decided to meet for dinner at Capital Grille Jan 25, 2008 and it was like we had known each other for a long time. We knew right away that this was it for us, we went to several places downtown after dinner and stayed up talking til 4am. We went on our 2nd date the next day and have been inseparable since. We both feel like we are the luckiest people in the world. He keeps me on my toes, very spontaneous, make me laugh a lot and treats me like a princess and most important he treats my son like his own. This will be a second marriage for both of us (and last one).

After my experiences dating after my first marriage I figure that anyone has a better chance of meeting a psycho at a bar than on an online dating site. Most men (not all) that join these sites are looking for love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnC View Post
Yes, we did! We met on Match.com. When I was in my previous 5-yr relationship (I never thought it would end; in fact, we almost got engaged twice during that 5 yr period, looking for rings, talking about wedding venues, etc.), I used to encourage my single friends that I would totally try online dating if I were single. Well, when the relationship ended, I thought I should live by my own advice. So, I signed up for their 6-month guarantee. My FH was the very last guy I met with before the 6 month ended! His "inside" and his mind are exactly what I've been looking for, although physically, he was not my "type". But he had me at his first message - funny, thoughtful, articulate...14 months later from the day we first met (first date, or what I call meet-and-greet), he proposed! I cannot be happier and I'm so glad I tried online dating. It felt funny telling people we met online at first, and it still feels a bit funny when asked and answered; but he is my ultimate dream guy! Turns out we actually knew a friend of a friend - so who know? I potentially could have met him on another occasion, but this way, we met sooner than we potentially could have! Match.com 6-mo guarantee works! Haha!
Our stories are very similar. It turns out one of his good friends is friends with a good friend of mine. We were both each other's first dates from the site though. For our DW we are doing a symbolic ceremony March 26 at the same resort he proposed and we decided to get legally married here in the US on Jan 25, exactly 2 years after our first date.