Photo

Dreams Tulum Closure (consolidated thread)

• Please log in to reply
690 replies to this topic

#641 latinalocany

latinalocany
  • 215 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:54 PM

i would think that many of us brides would be interested on what a newspaper artical has to say. especially since we arent hearing anything else from anyone. like sunbride said take like a grain of salt, but at least its something.

#642 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:11 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SunBride
    Yeah that is what I meant by agree but not 100% agree. I definitely agree that online translators suck, they get a few words wrong and it completely messes it up.

But if somebody who understand spanish could translate that article there may be some hints (although perhaps not 100% factual) about what is going on in court.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by latinalocany
    i would think that many of us brides would be interested on what a newspaper artical has to say. especially since we arent hearing anything else from anyone. like sunbride said take like a grain of salt, but at least its something.

Please read again what I said:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maura
    it is okay IF you can read & understand spanish, translate an article for everyone - from the media.
    i said if someone can translate an article because they actually understand spanish, there's nothing wrong with that. by all means, if you want to read the spanish news & have someone translate it for you, that's cool - but take the spanish newspapers with a grain of salt. the media in mexico is not like here in the US. you may be able to gain some clues from spanish media, yes, i agree.

but posting hearsay from someone's TA who hasnt gotten an official notice from DT is not productive. that is what i meant.

#643 latinalocany

latinalocany
    • 215 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:39 PM

i understood what you said and yes it would be nice if someone can translate it ,taking it into consideration the proper grammer.,thats why i posted it.

#644 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:48 PM

sorry joann i didnt mean to multiquote you - it was an accident - from what you posted that is exactly what i meant and i was glad you took it the right way!

#645 can't wait!

can't wait!
      • 517 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:03 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Maura
        Please read again what I said:

i said if someone can translate an article because they actually understand spanish, there's nothing wrong with that. by all means, if you want to read the spanish news & have someone translate it for you, that's cool - but take the spanish newspapers with a grain of salt. the media in mexico is not like here in the US. you may be able to gain some clues from spanish media, yes, i agree.

but posting hearsay from someone's TA who hasnt gotten an official notice from DT is not productive. that is what i meant.

What are you talking about? A great majority of stuff we post is all hearsay! Example: " 'Sunbride told me the flowers cost $10' 'Amy706 says the chairs cost $$$', 'We were told we could use the Seaside Grill' ". We all share information. Share. I don't believe anyone takes it as written in stone.

And by the way...first you tell me I "CAN'T" translate an article and then delete my thread. Now you say, we CAN translate only IF we speak Spanish?
        So confusing.

Can we just get back to what we were doing? Sharing info, helping each other out?
        We DT brides have enough stress, drama in our lives with the hotel closure to be worried about being needlessly censored on this forum.

#646 SunBride

SunBride
        • 1,499 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:08 PM

Yes I think we are all pretty much saying the same thing :)

#647 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:22 PM

everyone, we are all on the same side. i think you are all saying the same thing so why is everyone bickering? i know that this is a tense situation and you DT brides are freaking out (which is understandable).

you all have valid points. as much as we try to censor as little as possible, sometimes we have to do so. please undestand that.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#648 Blkatz

Blkatz
          • 1,025 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:34 PM

I feel like I started this and I am sorry. I was just trying to help out and googled the translation. I didnt mean for anyone to get upset-I just wanted to help...I am sorry

#649 SunBride

SunBride
            • 1,499 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:38 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Blkatz
              I feel like I started this and I am sorry. I was just trying to help out and googled the translation. I didnt mean for anyone to get upset-I just wanted to help...I am sorry
              Hey, don't feel bad, it was not your fault and is just a misunderstanding. It's so easy for people to misunderstand eachother on forums since the tone is easy to misread. Everyone knows you were just trying to help!

#650 sisterofthebrideerica

sisterofthebrideerica
              • 48 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:26 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by chandrathebride
                Hi Girls--I have been out of the loop for a bit because, gulp, FI and I have decided to postpone our wedding--from 11/21 to, hopefully, sometime in 3/09. I have been dealing with some health problems, and in combination with not wanting to "settle," we decided that was best for us. I was originally told by both VP Kevin, (over email) and Daniel, (over phone) that our guests would get the same rates in March as they had originally booked for in November. Now, in email exchanges, we are, seemingly, having some trouble keeping Daniel to his word. But hoping to get that cleared up in the next day or two. (Will let you guys know what ultimately happens.) Anyway, I am hoping that things are resolved asap for you girls still.... and wanted to let you guys know my plans in case anyone is thinking about doing the same thing.
                I was hoping to meet you in persone LOL Of course health comes first!! I truely hope you are feeling better soon and the agrivation of all of this settles as not to affect your health any further.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users