Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Tulum Closure (consolidated thread)


  • Please log in to reply
690 replies to this topic

#621 chandrathebride

chandrathebride
  • Newbie
  • 90 posts

    Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:06 PM

    Hi Girls--I have been out of the loop for a bit because, gulp, FI and I have decided to postpone our wedding--from 11/21 to, hopefully, sometime in 3/09. I have been dealing with some health problems, and in combination with not wanting to "settle," we decided that was best for us. I was originally told by both VP Kevin, (over email) and Daniel, (over phone) that our guests would get the same rates in March as they had originally booked for in November. Now, in email exchanges, we are, seemingly, having some trouble keeping Daniel to his word. But hoping to get that cleared up in the next day or two. (Will let you guys know what ultimately happens.) Anyway, I am hoping that things are resolved asap for you girls still.... and wanted to let you guys know my plans in case anyone is thinking about doing the same thing.

    #622 neen

    neen
    • Member
    • 633 posts

      Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:14 PM

      sorry to hear your having health problems and have to postpone your wedding, but maybe its for the best given everything that's going on...get well sooooon!!

      #623 can't wait!

      can't wait!
      • Member
      • 517 posts

        Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:25 PM

        Chandra, I'm so so sorry. I hope the situation at DT didn't aggravate your health even more.
        Get better. That's more important.
        Keep us in the loop. We all want to know how you're doing.

        #624 sgbrown

        sgbrown
        • Newbie
        • 130 posts

          Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:53 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by ashjanbro
          Beth,

          I am really nervous too. I sent out my invites a month and a half ago, and people have already booked reservations and taken time off from work. My gut instinct tells me to ride it out, because at this point what else can I do? I can't afford to book with another hotel and let go of the money I've spent thus far for several reasons. When I booked my date (in March) there were only 5 other dates available for weddings in May at Dreams Tulum back then. This late in the game, I'm sure there will not be many openings. Two, most of the other hotels were not comparable in price, and I don't think it's fair to ask my guests to pay more. Three, some of my guests did not use my TA so I don't know what would happen with their reservations. My TA told me to wait and see what happens after the first of the year. If all else fails, they will have to relocate us. I'm not doing any special trips, dinners, or menus so none of that will matter if we have to relocate at the last minute. I feel that this a much needed vacation for everybody, who the hell cares where they are spending it, as long as it's nice. I have a 2 year old daughter as well, so I need to be somewhere that allows children.

          I did not pay my deposit yet, and they better not try to pull any crap about that either. The wedding guide I have says a deposit is not necessary and I have e-mails to both Sandra and Landy asking if a deposit was needed and they both replied no. I have a confirmation number and they better honor it. Deposit or not.
          Hi girls,

          I'm in the same boat as the two of you. When the closure first happened, I emailed the WC at DPA and asked if my date was available (May 7th, 2009). Unfortunately, I was told that it wasn't. The WC told me that I shouldn't worry, there was no need to change resorts b/c everything at DT would work out.

          Now I'm starting to get really worried. I've been trying to stay calm, but it's really hard! What should I do? Do I: (i) sit tight and hope that DT re-opens, (ii) be pro-active and move my wedding? The problem is that option (ii) is really difficult to orchestrate because I have 50 guests who would need to be moved (some of which chose not to book through my TA). I don't know if the price would change for them. It's so hard to decide what to do, so I've just been reading this forum everyday and continue to wait, wait, wait.

          #625 amesharpe

          amesharpe
          • Jr. Member
          • 260 posts

            Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:59 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by chandrathebride
            Hi Girls--I have been out of the loop for a bit because, gulp, FI and I have decided to postpone our wedding--from 11/21 to, hopefully, sometime in 3/09. I have been dealing with some health problems, and in combination with not wanting to "settle," we decided that was best for us. I was originally told by both VP Kevin, (over email) and Daniel, (over phone) that our guests would get the same rates in March as they had originally booked for in November. Now, in email exchanges, we are, seemingly, having some trouble keeping Daniel to his word. But hoping to get that cleared up in the next day or two. (Will let you guys know what ultimately happens.) Anyway, I am hoping that things are resolved asap for you girls still.... and wanted to let you guys know my plans in case anyone is thinking about doing the same thing.
            Hey girl, the most important thing is that you take care of yourself right now. We're all thinking about you and keep us up to date of how you're doing.

            #626 rachelannmartin

            rachelannmartin
            • Jr. Member
            • 192 posts

              Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:19 PM

              Oh Chandra, I really hope that your health problems improve. Its a tragedy that you had to postpone your wedding but your health is the most important thing.....if you decide to go with 03/09 keep me posted. We're currently booked for the 18th and I'll gladly drink to health, happiness and love with ya! The power of positive thoughts are an amazing thing....stay strong girl!

              #627 rachelannmartin

              rachelannmartin
              • Jr. Member
              • 192 posts

                Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:24 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by sgbrown
                Hi girls,

                I'm in the same boat as the two of you. When the closure first happened, I emailed the WC at DPA and asked if my date was available (May 7th, 2009). Unfortunately, I was told that it wasn't. The WC told me that I shouldn't worry, there was no need to change resorts b/c everything at DT would work out.

                Now I'm starting to get really worried. I've been trying to stay calm, but it's really hard! What should I do? Do I: (i) sit tight and hope that DT re-opens, (ii) be pro-active and move my wedding? The problem is that option (ii) is really difficult to orchestrate because I have 50 guests who would need to be moved (some of which chose not to book through my TA). I don't know if the price would change for them. It's so hard to decide what to do, so I've just been reading this forum everyday and continue to wait, wait, wait.
                Waiting is hard but I think for us (our weddings are still months away) that we can play the waiting game. Our fellow brides who are leaving in days and still don't know where they are getting married~ damn i feel for ya. I say we wait out the storm until at least the new year. We're getting married over March Break (because so many guests are teachers) so we've already confirmed with our travel provider and TA that we can NOT wait until the last minute to be moved. We're gonna wait it out...support the brides who are getting married in the next few days, weeks and months and worry about us come the new year (here's hoping we're making the right decision).

                #628 latinalocany

                latinalocany
                • Jr. Member
                • 215 posts

                  Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:42 PM

                  can someone translate please?
                  No libra clausura el Dream Tulum

                  #629 amy706

                  amy706
                  • Member
                  • 506 posts

                    Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:48 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by chandrathebride
                    Hi Girls--I have been out of the loop for a bit because, gulp, FI and I have decided to postpone our wedding--from 11/21 to, hopefully, sometime in 3/09. I have been dealing with some health problems, and in combination with not wanting to "settle," we decided that was best for us. I was originally told by both VP Kevin, (over email) and Daniel, (over phone) that our guests would get the same rates in March as they had originally booked for in November. Now, in email exchanges, we are, seemingly, having some trouble keeping Daniel to his word. But hoping to get that cleared up in the next day or two. (Will let you guys know what ultimately happens.) Anyway, I am hoping that things are resolved asap for you girls still.... and wanted to let you guys know my plans in case anyone is thinking about doing the same thing.
                    Chandra, I'm so sorry to hear the news. Your health is certainly the most important thing and i'm sure this whole mess has not helped. Take care of you and keep us posted!! In our thoughts and prayers...
                    Amy706
                    Washington, DC
                    Dreams Tulum
                    December 5, 2008
                    Pro Pics- Citlalli from Claudia Rodriguez:http://claudiaphoto...../december/a_m/Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31997Dreams Tulum Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33518http://ticker...

                    #630 Blkatz

                    Blkatz
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,025 posts

                      Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:21 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by latinalocany
                      can someone translate please?
                      No libra clausura el Dream Tulum
                      I googled a translation...

                      Amparo filed by the Hotel Dreams Tulum as a means to prevent the closure and demolition of its facilities was rejected by the Second Court District, so the process of submitting a plan to compensate the damage caused to the environment through the center of hospeaje remain in place, briefed the director general of Environmental Impact Zone and the Federal Maritime Land of the Federal Environmental Protection (Profepa), Raziel Villegas Nunez.

                      He said that Profepa is quiet for the definitive suspension that was denied, even if additional people from the hotel Dreams promoted a new trial for defense, so it seems a very good thing, because it means that in addition to the Second District Court did an analysis extremely thoughtful and realized the serious violations and the risk that is being natural resources, and that is why the judge decided to deny the suspension.

                      Well, legally there is a judicial review which could make valid but I think that having seen the resolution of the suspension as much as we want to go to the petition for review I think it is going to remain strong this resolution, because it is obvious how that these people were incurred in the cases where the law provides for the closure, that is, damage to the environment, ecosystems, our natural resources. are obvious. We comment on some occasions we found four species of mangrove and is blocked stream hydrology of the wetland, and that is enough left over to be denied the suspension, regardless of having built three rooms and they have not respected the surface they should have stopped booking; regardless of who built on a site that did not have to having built, and that is why put the rooms of workers, "he said.
                      He noted that as at the time denounced the way that the suspension was so irregular, now the PROFEPA has confidence that is going to do justice, the judge in this situation it has done recently to analyze in depth the closures, not only because there is talk of the Dreams, but of the six trials that are in Tulum.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users