Dreams Tulum Closure (consolidated thread)
Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:11 PM
Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:41 PM
i have reallly tried not to stress and just be optimistic about this whole thing. i kept telling myself things will work out by nov. but looks like it wont!! now i have to say i cant sleep at night!! i have my DIY invites still in the box and havent printed them since we are all in limbo! i have 20 guest booked but with only a deposit of $100 down. im actually thinking of postponing my wedding. im soooo sad!! i bought my dress and bought alot of reception stuff. i fell in love with the tulum ruins when i went on a cruise and when i researched DT i knew that is where i wanted to get married at!!! i dont want to be relocated to a resort that i have to settle for. i like the fact that DT is more secluded. if this is what will happen to me i rather start my researching again and find another perfect place and just postpone it in order to get what i want!!! this is sooo upsetting to my! i wish they could understand all we want is honest and frequent communication, this way we can plan accordingly!!
Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:54 PM
I completely understand your stress, concern, and sleepless nights! I have been experiencing the same thing and I am still SO far away compared to others. As far as researching new places and postponing your wedding... I had the same thoughts but then talked to my older brother who said "why would you postpone your wedding because of this bump when honestly the most important thing is getting married to the one you love". So with that in mind... I changed my attitude and decided to just let things go and hope and wish things work out. So basically don't change it yet keep the positive thoughts going and remember that all that matters is you marrying your man! I know it is hard though...believe me!
Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:12 PM
I am really nervous too. I sent out my invites a month and a half ago, and people have already booked reservations and taken time off from work. My gut instinct tells me to ride it out, because at this point what else can I do? I can't afford to book with another hotel and let go of the money I've spent thus far for several reasons. When I booked my date (in March) there were only 5 other dates available for weddings in May at Dreams Tulum back then. This late in the game, I'm sure there will not be many openings. Two, most of the other hotels were not comparable in price, and I don't think it's fair to ask my guests to pay more. Three, some of my guests did not use my TA so I don't know what would happen with their reservations. My TA told me to wait and see what happens after the first of the year. If all else fails, they will have to relocate us. I'm not doing any special trips, dinners, or menus so none of that will matter if we have to relocate at the last minute. I feel that this a much needed vacation for everybody, who the hell cares where they are spending it, as long as it's nice. I have a 2 year old daughter as well, so I need to be somewhere that allows children.
I did not pay my deposit yet, and they better not try to pull any crap about that either. The wedding guide I have says a deposit is not necessary and I have e-mails to both Sandra and Landy asking if a deposit was needed and they both replied no. I have a confirmation number and they better honor it. Deposit or not.
Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:46 AM
Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:00 PM
Ive received nothing either!
Ive emailed the WC at Barcelo Mayan Palace too, hoping to maybe get some answers from her too. No such luck
I've had no response from any one...
We leave in 9 days! I hope I get some answers by then...
Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:28 PM
I am trying to not freak... but it is difficult.
Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:01 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users