Dreams Tulum Closure (consolidated thread)
Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:18 PM
Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:20 PM
| Originally Posted by amy706 |
The bad thing is I fall for it every time!!! I'm grabbing at straws here so I just want to have SOMETHING to go off of.
Yeah, never heard of Anabel. Maybe that means they actually do have additional help...
Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:27 PM
| Originally Posted by amesharpe |
I do have some news and feel free to read in to this any way you like.
Daniel contacted my travel agent today and inquired if I would be receptive to switching to Dreams Puerto Aventuras. My wedding is still a month and a half away!!!! I told her that I would need to think about it and get back to her.
So of course for the last 4 hours I've been trying to figure out the angle here. Why are they trying to figure out my wedding now before everyone elses?!?! It leads me to wonder if they really believe they will be opening any time soon.
Maybe it's because my wedding is during high season and every place will be booked to occupancy that they are trying to figure out what to do with me now!?!?!?!
There is another wedding planned that day (I guess they only do 1 a day there?) but he had been in contact with them and can assure us that they can absolutely host two weddings that day.
Has anyone in late Nov or December gotten this email too?
I'm a little confused at this point. I can't decide which is the better of two evils. Move to a resort that will only be open for a month prior to our arrival or wait and see what options shake out when it's my turn for them to move me. Or is it my turn now. You wouldn't think so based on what's been happening.
Have any of you girls in Dec thought about DPA? thoughts?
Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:28 PM
Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:38 PM
Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:48 PM
| Originally Posted by latinalocany |
im wondering if you choose DPA as your back up gaurantee will they still honor you DT date if it opens?
I'm hesitant to make a decision. I've been trying to figure out all day what the He!! they were thinking when they contacted my TA.
I'll wait and see what my TA comes back with. I was totally planning on hearing something around Thanksgiving but now it makes me wonder.
If they're confident that they expect to be open after Nov. 15th and we're getting that info today. Why would they seek out my TA and inquire wheather or not I would like to switch
Who knows, maybe they are planning on reopening on the premise that they can only use the buildings they have permits for. Maybe they expect to reopen everything!!!
I just feel like I can't make a decision with out all of the information.
Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:50 PM
| Originally Posted by can't wait! |
This comment made me just laugh. You're right such DRAMA!
How I wish we were all in one city so we can vent together!
Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:02 PM
Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:11 PM
| Originally Posted by amesharpe |
I doubt they'll give me the "back up" option. I imagine it's a definate...something to the effect of you change now and can have the piece of mind or wait it out and see what happens.
| Originally Posted by jodylynn007 |
Oohhhh boy, 3 days until I head off to Mexico (Secrets Maroma Beach) and I have no idea now (despite months of wedding planning for Dreams Tulum) if I will be married on the beach, where my reception will be and heck... don't even have a clarification on what room I will be in despite the FI and I booking quite an expensive "ocean front" room at DT. Heads up and just hope for the best I guess...
If you aren't satisfied with your room, ask, them to refund you the difference between dreams basic room and the room you paid.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users