Photo

Dreams Tulum Closure (consolidated thread)

• Please log in to reply
690 replies to this topic

#431 chandrathebride

chandrathebride
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:21 PM

Thanks for all the info ladies.... it is really appreciated. i don't have anything new to report, as I am supposed to speak to Daniel tomorrow and know for sure whether I get moved or not--for a 11/21/08 wedding.

#432 can't wait!

can't wait!
    • 517 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:30 PM

Oh Chandra please let me know what he says! I am exactly one week after you! Thanks!

#433 nueland

nueland
      • 94 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:39 PM

Just spoke to sandra a little over an hour ago and we have been moved to Barcelo Maya Palace!!! I really have mixed feeling at this point.. We were only given the option of Dreams Cancun or Barcelo Maya Palace, and I refuse to get married in Cancun!!

#434 MonoAmor

MonoAmor
        • 93 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:41 PM

Nueland,
          Im hoping they will get back to me today/tomorrow with an answer since Im the day after you. I asked for Barcelo Maya Palace so maybe we will end up there at the same time!

#435 amy706

amy706
          • 506 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:53 PM

MonAmor/Nueland- glad you're getting information! At least you know where you'll be getting married and get your mind around it. LIke Trish and Brooke and the others- IT WILL BE BEAUTIFUL! You will marry your honey! AND your guests will have a blast. GUARANTEED! Keep us posted!
            Amy706
            Washington, DC
            Dreams Tulum
            December 5, 2008
            Pro Pics- Citlalli from Claudia Rodriguez:http://claudiaphoto...../december/a_m/Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31997Dreams Tulum Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33518http://ticker...

#436 Meggzilla

Meggzilla
            • 15 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:53 PM

i just recieved confirmation from sandra aswell that we are going to be sent to barcelo palace as well.

#437 SandyW

SandyW
              • 26 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:07 PM

Re: Barcelo Maya & drinks

from the website:

All inclusive selections
                Margarita, Pina Colada, Caribbean Dream, Banana Republic, Isle of Coconut, Mosquito Coast, Daiquiris, Tequila Sunrise, Sex on the Beach. See the menus at the bars for what's in each drink. Also included, house brand spirits: Tequila, Mezcal, Rum, Brandy, Vodka, Gin, Whisky. House brand liqueurs: Orange, coffee, banana, peppermint, amaretto, cocoa. Aperitives: Vermouth, Bitters. Beer: Corona lager or dark. Soft drinks, fruit juices and coffees.

Non-inclusive brands
                There is a variety of non-inclusive liquors available at the bars. Guests must sign for these drinks and they will be billed to your room. These drinks are also included to Club Premium guests and guests of Barcelo Palace.

Non-inclusive brands menu [PDF] as of October 2007. (you can view this on other link).

If your guests care about brand of drinks - they can consider upgrading to Club Premium for $35 per night and then it includes:
                BEVERAGES
                • Full Premium Drinks & Liquors at the "Club Premium Lounge".
                • PREMIUM Bar at the bars & Restaurants in the Resort

Sounds like a pain to get the kind of drinks that Dreams has automatically - but the rest of the resort looks really nice. I'm sure whoever has switched to their is just happy to have their whole group together somewhere!!

#438 dreamstbride

dreamstbride
                • 161 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:03 PM

so its Official! I too am a Barcelo Mayan Bride!

Im just so thankful I know where the heck we're going! :)

#439 MonoAmor

MonoAmor
                  • 93 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:19 PM

Im not official yet! Im jealous, I want to know!!! Hopefully in the morning! How are they able to fit so many extra people in Barcelo? Are they not at capacity in Nov?

#440 amesharpe

amesharpe
                    • 260 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:25 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by SandyW
                      Re: Barcelo Maya & drinks

from the website:

All inclusive selections
                      Margarita, Pina Colada, Caribbean Dream, Banana Republic, Isle of Coconut, Mosquito Coast, Daiquiris, Tequila Sunrise, Sex on the Beach. See the menus at the bars for what's in each drink. Also included, house brand spirits: Tequila, Mezcal, Rum, Brandy, Vodka, Gin, Whisky. House brand liqueurs: Orange, coffee, banana, peppermint, amaretto, cocoa. Aperitives: Vermouth, Bitters. Beer: Corona lager or dark. Soft drinks, fruit juices and coffees.

Non-inclusive brands
                      There is a variety of non-inclusive liquors available at the bars. Guests must sign for these drinks and they will be billed to your room. These drinks are also included to Club Premium guests and guests of Barcelo Palace.

Non-inclusive brands menu [PDF] as of October 2007. (you can view this on other link).

If your guests care about brand of drinks - they can consider upgrading to Club Premium for $35 per night and then it includes:
                      BEVERAGES
                      • Full Premium Drinks & Liquors at the "Club Premium Lounge".
                      • PREMIUM Bar at the bars & Restaurants in the Resort

Sounds like a pain to get the kind of drinks that Dreams has automatically - but the rest of the resort looks really nice. I'm sure whoever has switched to their is just happy to have their whole group together somewhere!!
                      I'm going to pout here because I don't understand why Dreams wouldn't be obligated to pay for the upgrade to "Club Premium Lounge". After all they did say (I'm quoting from an email I received directly from Kevin)

"Even though we are confident that this will be resolved as indicated, we want to assure you that we will, of course, protect your wedding, rates and guests at one of our Dreams or Secrets Resorts in Cancun/Riviera Maya or will protect you in another resort of equal or better quality should the need arise. In your specific case, we do not foresee that this will be a problem as we are, once again, confidant we will be open well before your December 20th wedding. "

Equal or greater quality includes premium drinks I would think since they are offered at Dreams resorts. I would push for that upgrade for everyone in the group. Just a thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users