Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Tulum Closure (consolidated thread)


  • Please log in to reply
690 replies to this topic

#391 MonoAmor

MonoAmor
  • Newbie
  • 93 posts

    Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:35 AM

    I just woke up and found out my travel agent has switched us to Dreams Cancun without even asking us. I am so mad Ive been crying for the last 3 hours. There isnt a chapel there and I do not want to get married outside at all. I want to cancel the whole friggen thing now. There is no way I want our hard earned money going towards what we dont want. Im not saying its not a nice resort, it is just so far from what we wanted and paid for. I cant deal with this disappointment so close to the wedding.

    #392 rabbitnow

    rabbitnow
    • Newbie
    • 49 posts

      Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:09 PM

      Even though there is no chapel there you don't have to get married just outside - they do have indoor options available and they can decorate for you in so many nice ways -

      You can even do a very nice secluded opption in the Spa area - even though it's outdoors it's surrounded by walls on all sides and there is a very pretty fountain there.

      Don't be so distraught - that's me saying it after less then a month ago I was having a cuniption fit just the same.

      You do have other options then outdoors if you need some ideas and help please let me know knwo and I will do what I can to help.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by MonoAmor View Post
      I just woke up and found out my travel agent has switched us to Dreams Cancun without even asking us. I am so mad Ive been crying for the last 3 hours. There isnt a chapel there and I do not want to get married outside at all. I want to cancel the whole friggen thing now. There is no way I want our hard earned money going towards what we dont want. Im not saying its not a nice resort, it is just so far from what we wanted and paid for. I cant deal with this disappointment so close to the wedding.

      Anna

      #393 can't wait!

      can't wait!
      • Member
      • 517 posts

        Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:15 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by MonoAmor
        I just woke up and found out my travel agent has switched us to Dreams Cancun without even asking us. I am so mad Ive been crying for the last 3 hours. There isnt a chapel there and I do not want to get married outside at all. I want to cancel the whole friggen thing now. There is no way I want our hard earned money going towards what we dont want. Im not saying its not a nice resort, it is just so far from what we wanted and paid for. I cant deal with this disappointment so close to the wedding.
        I'm sooo sorry. And I know exactly how you feel. I, under no circumstances, will want to go to Dreams Cancun. No way, no how.

        I picked Dreams Tulum because of the chapel. And Cancun is waaaay to party city for me and my group. Have you tried reaching out to Daniel or Landy and asking them if they can switch you to perhaps the Paradisus or another resort away from Cancun?? I don't appreciate the fact they just switched you without your consent. It may happen to the rest of us! Keep truckin'.... and I'm the type of girl that won't take no for an answer. So keep fighting and see if they can switch you to another resort. In my opinion the Paradisus is much, much better than Dreams Cancun. Let us know how we can help. Hang in there!

        #394 MonoAmor

        MonoAmor
        • Newbie
        • 93 posts

          Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:50 PM

          FI speaks Spanish so I have him calling the resort as I type this. Hes just as upset as I am, which is why I think I am so upset. As the brides were in charge for the most part of creating the perfect day for the grooms too. And if hes disappointed that makes me feel so terrible. Ill let you guys know what they tell us.

          #395 alin & mako

          alin & mako
          • Newbie
          • 134 posts

            Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:22 PM

            Ladies, I just called the hotel. Sandra and Landy were not there but I spoke to another woman that is helping them. She said they are still working on arrangements for Oct arrivals and are not working on Nov arrivals as of yet. So, since my first arrival is Nov 1, then they are not working on mine yet. So frustrating. But it sounded like we are going to get moved, they just have not gotten to us yet.

            #396 can't wait!

            can't wait!
            • Member
            • 517 posts

              Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:52 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by alin & mako
              Ladies, I just called the hotel. Sandra and Landy were not there but I spoke to another woman that is helping them. She said they are still working on arrangements for Oct arrivals and are not working on Nov arrivals as of yet. So, since my first arrival is Nov 1, then they are not working on mine yet. So frustrating. But it sounded like we are going to get moved, they just have not gotten to us yet.
              Well, I know just how frustrating it is but we've got to remember it must be A LOT OF WORK to relocate not only brides but ALL of their guests. But I do agree, the waiting just sucks! I'm just kind of accepting the fact we will be moved. So I spent the morning emailing the Paradisus and a handful of other hotels to see if they have my date available. I know Dreams Cancun only has a 2pm space available for me and I can't get married that early. I still have guests coming in the day of my wedding!!

              #397 maxandkatie

              maxandkatie
              • Newbie
              • 95 posts

                Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:27 PM

                Everyone,

                My wedding at DT is not until May 1, 2009, but I did not sign up for this stress. When we were deciding where to go we read about the hotel closures in Tulum in July and our travel agent assured us that DT was not in question. Well, here we are a few months later and maybe it's related, maybe not, but we are stuck in this debacle.

                I just received the following message from AMResorts to my travel agent this morning (10/21/0. My travel agent also said she spoke on the phone with Christie Gonzalez, the Midwest Sales Representative of AMResorts (owner of all Dreams and Secret's properties), who has advised that by tomorrow they may have a definitive answer of their reopening.

                Here is the email Marcie (my travel Agent) received:

                Dear Marcie:

                I understand you have been in contact with our Regional Sales Manager,
                Christie Gonzalez regarding your wedding at Dreams Tulum November 15. The
                issue in Tulum has caused frustrations and I completely understand as I also
                have the similar frustrations given our current situation with this hotel.
                Our attorneys in Mexico are on top of this situation, however information is
                not as concrete as we prefer as working with the authorities in Mexico is
                quite difficult and our situation is completely political, nothing more. We
                are not in violation within any of our grounds and share no similarities
                with respects to our hotel neighbors, despite what some news has reported. I
                would like to advise that guests will be back at the resort starting
                tomorrow or next week, however we don't have definitive information from the
                authorities of that possibility. We can only make decisions for the short
                term as we are optimistic Dreams Tulum will be back accepting guests very
                soon. We have reports that Eurostar Tulum is back open and that is very good
                news. We made the decision yesterday to protect guests up through November
                15 at any of our other properties in Dreams Cancun and Secrets Silversands.
                Since weddings are more tedious and require difficult operations due to
                different jurisdictions, we are making necessary protection for all weddings
                through November 30. We do have quite an amount of weddings in October and
                November and our hotel staff, as well as hotel staff brought in from our
                other resorts, are in the process contacting each one by one with protection
                plans. I will also personally contact our weddings/sales personnel at Dreams
                Tulum with regards to your wedding group for follow up.
                Please feel free to let me know of any questions and I am happy to assist.
                Thank you for your support.

                Sincerely,


                Matthew J. Mullen
                Senior Director of Sales
                AMResorts

                #398 can't wait!

                can't wait!
                • Member
                • 517 posts

                  Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:30 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by maxandkatie
                  Everyone,

                  My wedding at DT is not until May 1, 2009, but I did not sign up for this stress. When we were deciding where to go we read about the hotel closures in Tulum in July and our travel agent assured us that DT was not in question. Well, here we are a few months later and maybe it's related, maybe not, but we are stuck in this debacle.

                  I just received the following message from AMResorts to my travel agent this morning (10/21/0. My travel agent also said she spoke on the phone with Christie Gonzalez, the Midwest Sales Representative of AMResorts (owner of all Dreams and Secret's properties), who has advised that by tomorrow they may have a definitive answer of their reopening.

                  Here is the email Marcie (my travel Agent) received:

                  Dear Marcie:

                  I understand you have been in contact with our Regional Sales Manager,
                  Christie Gonzalez regarding your wedding at Dreams Tulum November 15. The
                  issue in Tulum has caused frustrations and I completely understand as I also
                  have the similar frustrations given our current situation with this hotel.
                  Our attorneys in Mexico are on top of this situation, however information is
                  not as concrete as we prefer as working with the authorities in Mexico is
                  quite difficult and our situation is completely political, nothing more. We
                  are not in violation within any of our grounds and share no similarities
                  with respects to our hotel neighbors, despite what some news has reported. I
                  would like to advise that guests will be back at the resort starting
                  tomorrow or next week, however we don't have definitive information from the
                  authorities of that possibility. We can only make decisions for the short
                  term as we are optimistic Dreams Tulum will be back accepting guests very
                  soon. We have reports that Eurostar Tulum is back open and that is very good
                  news. We made the decision yesterday to protect guests up through November
                  15 at any of our other properties in Dreams Cancun and Secrets Silversands.
                  Since weddings are more tedious and require difficult operations due to
                  different jurisdictions, we are making necessary protection for all weddings
                  through November 30. We do have quite an amount of weddings in October and
                  November and our hotel staff, as well as hotel staff brought in from our
                  other resorts, are in the process contacting each one by one with protection
                  plans. I will also personally contact our weddings/sales personnel at Dreams
                  Tulum with regards to your wedding group for follow up.
                  Please feel free to let me know of any questions and I am happy to assist.
                  Thank you for your support.

                  Sincerely,


                  Matthew J. Mullen
                  Senior Director of Sales
                  AMResorts

                  Through Nov 30?!?!? Great, that means me. Glad to hear it from a third party. The soap continues.

                  #399 MonoAmor

                  MonoAmor
                  • Newbie
                  • 93 posts

                    Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:34 PM

                    My FI talked to Abigail at DT today and it sounds like they will try and work on moving us somewhere besides Cancun. For us the key is not using our travel agent but just speaking directly with the resort. Im hoping they will be able to arrange something for us!

                    #400 Blkatz

                    Blkatz
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,025 posts

                      Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:38 PM

                      MonoAmor my fingers are crossed for you! Good Luck with getting moved. You Nov brides should have a nice stiff drink when you finally get down to Mexico




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users