Photo

Dreams Tulum Closure (consolidated thread)

• Please log in to reply
690 replies to this topic

#221 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:37 PM

here is the thread...

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t30346

also, please try to keep in mind that part of the reason there is so much uncertainty is because the resorts have their hands tied and are working with their legal team to get the permit issues resolved and the resort back open and they are at the whim of the government agency.

the resort is really great and as soon as they get answers will communicate them to us.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#222 latinalocany

latinalocany
  • 215 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:01 PM

thanks tammy,
    even though my wedding is in may i am still worried and i could only imagine the girls that have their wedding comming up soon!! my voice is with you girls as well!!

#223 MonoAmor

MonoAmor
    • 93 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:44 AM

Hey gals,

Im curious if anyone knows if the prices we were given for a wedding at DT will be honored at other resorts? I have been sticking to a pretty tight budget to make everything we want happen, and Im nervous that if we had to move resorts it may end up costing more and we might have to sacrifice some stuff.

#224 dreamstbride

dreamstbride
      • 161 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:23 AM

good question Leanne!!!!

I hope they honor it! or else, I will seriously be having a major panic attack and taking it out on all the staff!

I am so worried! I really dont have the heart to tell all of our guests yet... I m going to try and stick it out a lil longer... Then Ill flip...

#225 amy706

amy706
        • 506 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:20 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by MonoAmor
          Hey gals,

Im curious if anyone knows if the prices we were given for a wedding at DT will be honored at other resorts? I have been sticking to a pretty tight budget to make everything we want happen, and Im nervous that if we had to move resorts it may end up costing more and we might have to sacrifice some stuff.
          Excellent question! I've been wondering that myself.

Tammy, perhaps we can add that question to the mass communication to the resort leadership from the BDW brides?
          Amy706
          Washington, DC
          Dreams Tulum
          December 5, 2008
          Pro Pics- Citlalli from Claudia Rodriguez:http://claudiaphoto...../december/a_m/Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31997Dreams Tulum Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33518http://ticker...

#226 sisterofthebrideerica

sisterofthebrideerica
          • 48 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:33 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by dreamstbride
            good question Leanne!!!!

I hope they honor it! or else, I will seriously be having a major panic attack and taking it out on all the staff!

I am so worried! I really dont have the heart to tell all of our guests yet... I m going to try and stick it out a lil longer... Then Ill flip...
            When I spoke to my TA last week she told me that the DT rates were honored at the locations where they had to moved to. I do not know the specifics of what wedding type they had. I do know that hotel rates their guests had paid were honored as well.

For those of you who are having an issue with your TA not wanting to put any leg work in on this, if you don't have a commitment to them I would switch. That is ridiculous they are not taking this seriously. I'm not sure if we are supposed to say who we use but I am using Teresa Sterling at Vacations For Less. She has handeled this amazingly well. As she is sure that the resort will open and tries to reassure me of that she still has been understanding of my concerns. She has contacted another resort for us and well as given me information of what DT has done for her other clients in the last few weeks. Her customer service and response time for myself and my 85 guests over the last 6 months has been amazing! If we do have to change venues I know her and her staff will make it as painless as possible!

If you would like her contact info let me know...Hope everyone else is doing well.
            Lisa

#227 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:09 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by sisterofthebrideerica
            When I spoke to my TA last week she told me that the DT rates were honored at the locations where they had to moved to. I do not know the specifics of what wedding type they had. I do know that hotel rates their guests had paid were honored as well.

For those of you who are having an issue with your TA not wanting to put any leg work in on this, if you don't have a commitment to them I would switch. That is ridiculous they are not taking this seriously. I'm not sure if we are supposed to say who we use but I am using Teresa Sterling at Vacations For Less. She has handeled this amazingly well. As she is sure that the resort will open and tries to reassure me of that she still has been understanding of my concerns. She has contacted another resort for us and well as given me information of what DT has done for her other clients in the last few weeks. Her customer service and response time for myself and my 85 guests over the last 6 months has been amazing! If we do have to change venues I know her and her staff will make it as painless as possible!

If you would like her contact info let me know...Hope everyone else is doing well.
            Lisa
            Lisa is right. I can't stress to you anymore highly. For those that are working with a TA, you really need them to step up to the plate right now.

Teresa (above) is fantastic and we work together as a team for alot of the groups that i handle and i trust her implicitely. One of the reasons is because of our number together we do have alot more weight with resorts.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#228 jodylynn007

jodylynn007
            • 99 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:42 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by cendcar
              So Jody,

Are you starting preliminary plans for just in case or are you confident that the heavens above will end this madness by Monday?

I opt for the latter.
              Hey there, I have started looking at the other resorts and determined what I think is the best one for my wedding. Currently they are moving people to only two resorts, neither of which is suitable for me... so I think I'm going to give my TA a call today (although she has been NO help) and see if she can't at least find out if other resorts are a possibility.

#229 Mel88

Mel88
              • 18 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:50 PM

My TA's boss happened to be visiting Cancun this week. She was told that they should be opening on 10/16.

This date changes everyday! So frustrating!

#230 cendcar

cendcar
                • 163 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:36 PM

Pleasant Holidays has just contacted me to see if I would like to change resorts. Basically I would cancel everything with Dreams and start over with another place.

I wanted to punch her through the phone...is she crazy? Do this all over again? I told her if we continue with DT and we end up moving, at least we would have Landy re-direct everyone over to the other resort and she would still organize everything.

I also let her know that I want to stay at Paradisus if we have to change resorts and that she should work really hard to make that an option.

Does anyone know what the special circumstance is for Trish and Brooke in regards to how they got PRC? I am assuming it was bc of the photographer.

Well, if I do not get a solid answer by Friday, I am going to send an email to all those V.P.'s Landy, my TA , and Pleasant Holidays and demand that they move my whole wedding party and the ones staying in Playa, to PRC.....

Do you think this would work?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users