Photo

Dreams Tulum Closure (consolidated thread)

• Please log in to reply
690 replies to this topic

#211 amesharpe

amesharpe
  • 260 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:03 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dreamstbride
    Can any one send some paradisus wedding pics our way... Please!

I am stressing big time!!!
    did you try the paradisus thread

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t16099

#212 can't wait!

can't wait!
    • 517 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:06 PM

Amesharpe, I'M IN!
      I'm just looking for a definitive answer. I hate this crap about "we will open for sure on the 6th". "We will definitely open on the 13th".
      Sorry, I don't believe it anymore. Just be real and tell us.
      Soooo, tell us what you think the plan is and we will move forward.
      Thank you for being the lead. I want a straight answer!

#213 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:12 PM

just to clarify, paradisus is not really an option. right now dreams cancun and silversand are the only option for those that have to have their wedding moved.

the reason trish and brooke were moved to paradisus is because their weddings had some other elements to it that made dreams cancun and silversand not an option for them.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#214 amesharpe

amesharpe
      • 260 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:17 PM

I think we should at least email our personal stories to each one of the executive board. This is NOT just a vacation for us. I'll say it again, This is the most important day of our lives.

I believe that we deserve and should DEMAND a better answer. This is a big corporation. We have power in numbers and I don't think it's fair what is happening to these girls that are getting married in the next couple of weeks that have had little contact with the resort.

Landy and Lizette don't have the capabilities to help us right now. They're employees of the company that are extremely overworked and I imagine severely underpaid. I'm sure their hand are tied in light of the current situation.

I'll get the address as well and maybe we should send registered letters as well. That way we can assure that someone did receive our concerns.

#215 amesharpe

amesharpe
        • 260 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:19 PM

The address for AM Resorts is:

AM Resorts
          7 Campus Boulevard
          Newton Square, PA 19703

#216 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:20 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by amesharpe
          I think we should at least email our personal stories to each one of the executive board. This is NOT just a vacation for us. I'll say it again, This is the most important day of our lives.

I believe that we deserve and should DEMAND a better answer. This is a big corporation. We have power in numbers and I don't think it's fair what is happening to these girls that are getting married in the next couple of weeks that have had little contact with the resort.

Landy and Lizette don't have the capabilities to help us right now. They're employees of the company that are extremely overworked and I imagine severely underpaid. I'm sure their hand are tied in light of the current situation.

I'll get the address as well and maybe we should send registered letters as well. That way we can assure that someone did receive our concerns.
          i will start a thread and send it to the heads of the resorts....but also have your TA's do some work for you.

i have talked to someone at dreams tulum once or twice (sometimes 4 times) a day since the closure.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#217 amesharpe

amesharpe
          • 260 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:22 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Tammy Host
            i will start a thread and send it to the heads of the resorts....but also have your TA's do some work for you.

i have talked to someone at dreams tulum once or twice (sometimes 4 times) a day since the closure.

Thanks Tammy! I agree that we should all put pressure on our TA's as well.
            I do think it's important that the executive board hear from us individually as well though

#218 can't wait!

can't wait!
            • 517 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:23 PM

Thanks Tammy and Amesharpe.
              I will work on these letters and mail no later than tomorrow. My wedding is 7 weeks out! I'd like to know where the heck I'm gunna be saying "I do!"

#219 chandrathebride

chandrathebride
              • 90 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:23 PM

Tammy---could you please explain in more detail what you mean by this? "The reason trish and brooke were moved to paradisus is because their weddings had some other elements to it that made dreams cancun and silversand not an option for them."

Can'twait, Amesharpe, Carina, I'm in too. I wasn't on the forum much today and wow, I missed a lot. Thanks so much for taking the lead--let me know how to move forward. This is all very discouraging, and like someone said above, I am so over trying to plan anything new--honestly the first time was rough enough, as I am sure we will all agree. I thank everyone for their postings, and really appreciate the sisterhood on this forum.

#220 chandrathebride

chandrathebride
                • 90 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:29 PM

As said above, I really appreciate people like Tammy who are working their tushies off to try and help us out--hopefully the TAs can get some info for us. Not sure if there are others out there like me who don't have a TA (stupid move on my part, although hindsight is 20/20 I guess)--but I think there is a certain level of responsibility that falls on the resorts themselves to be in communication with their guests--especially brides.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users