Photo

Dreams Tulum Closure (consolidated thread)

• Please log in to reply
690 replies to this topic

#191 Mel88

Mel88
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:20 PM

Thank you so much for the e-mail! I have sent a pretty strongly worded e-mail to this guy pratically begging for a response at a minimum. I was totally fine until last night when I saw that the resort even mentioned October 20th.

I have also not told any of our friends and family to avoid all of the calls and frantic rumor mill.

I will definitely post his reply. Fingers crossed my e-mail is acknowledged!!

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE FOR KEEPING THIS UP TO DATE. I WOULD HAVE GONE INSANE WITHOUT HAVING THIS FORUM TO SHARE INFO!

#192 can't wait!

can't wait!
    • 517 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:05 PM

I second that Mel. I would go insane without this forum. I try to get feedback/help from my TA but she's useless because she's pissed most of my 60+ guests didn't book with her. All she keeps saying is "I don't know what's going to happen but I I do know I'm not going to help relocate your guests. I wouldn't get paid for it." Nice.
      Don't worry, IT'S NOT A TA FROM THIS FORUM (that was my big mistake).
      I have also not told any of my guests for fears of cancelations or just more freaking out. But come the 13th and no DT yet, well, I'm gunna have to start pulling some hair out!

#193 alin & mako

alin & mako
      • 134 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:48 PM

I haven't told my guests either, but my aunt from Mexico just called freaking out and asking what I am going to do. So I, the bride, had to calm her down... so the best thing is to not tell anyone or we are going to loose our heads. I felt exhausted after talking to her and reasuring her that it was all going to be ok. I don't recommend it ladies.

Good luck to us all!

#194 cendcar

cendcar
        • 163 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:00 PM

Hi ladies,

I did get an email back from Landy but it is the same...re-opening hopes to occur by the 13th.

I did tell some of the girls at my Bach Party this weekend and they seemed okay. Then one of them contacted my TA to ask for more info. So I have just sent my girlfriends an email saying that it still look like the resort SHOULD be open by the 13th(not any other guests, don;t want to freak them out).

My TA has asked that I start looking into alternative resorts....not good news. I know that Brooke and Trish went to Paradisus Riviera Cancun . I looked at the website and it looks nice and kids can stay there...

If we have to move to PRC that is fine, whatever, but I am not doing planning anything again...no choosing flowers or cake or anything. I am tired and I will just go with whatever they have...

ALERT---As I am writing this post, I just received a phone call from the Reservation Dept at Dreams. They asked me if I had children coming with me and the ages...I asked if the date of opening was pushed back again and she did not know. She said she did not have any new info....

Oh well, it will be sunny and tropical no matter where we go....

Anyone up for a martini?

#195 cendcar

cendcar
          • 163 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:05 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by can't wait!
            I second that Mel. I would go insane without this forum. I try to get feedback/help from my TA but she's useless because she's pissed most of my 60+ guests didn't book with her. All she keeps saying is "I don't know what's going to happen but I I do know I'm not going to help relocate your guests. I wouldn't get paid for it." Nice.
            I have also not told any of my guests for fears of cancelations or just more freaking out. But come the 13th and no DT yet, well, I'm gunna have to start pulling some hair out!

P.S. My TA sucks too!

#196 can't wait!

can't wait!
            • 517 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:00 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by cendcar
              Hi ladies,

I did get an email back from Landy but it is the same...re-opening hopes to occur by the 13th.

I did tell some of the girls at my Bach Party this weekend and they seemed okay. Then one of them contacted my TA to ask for more info. So I have just sent my girlfriends an email saying that it still look like the resort SHOULD be open by the 13th(not any other guests, don;t want to freak them out).

My TA has asked that I start looking into alternative resorts....not good news. I know that Brooke and Trish went to Paradisus Riviera Cancun . I looked at the website and it looks nice and kids can stay there...

If we have to move to PRC that is fine, whatever, but I am not doing planning anything again...no choosing flowers or cake or anything. I am tired and I will just go with whatever they have...

ALERT---As I am writing this post, I just received a phone call from the Reservation Dept at Dreams. They asked me if I had children coming with me and the ages...I asked if the date of opening was pushed back again and she did not know. She said she did not have any new info....

Oh well, it will be sunny and tropical no matter where we go....

Anyone up for a martini?
              Someone from the reservations dept called you? Not a good sign. It doesn't sound like they are planning on opening the 13th. Hope I'm wrong.
              I just wish they would make up their minds and tell us where we are going so I can finish my DIY projects. I was about to print the menus for the reception...glad my print cartridge went out.

#197 amesharpe

amesharpe
              • 260 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:05 PM

I don't like the information that is coming out today. I wonder if we should band together and send emails to the executive board of AM Resorts?

I'm sure they'd be thrilled with a zillion bridezilla's hounding them.

Let me know your thoughts ladies and I'll pull together the info.

#198 amyc

amyc
                • 38 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:35 PM

Yeah, I don't like this latest news either. I am trying to stay calm and positive but this whole thing seriously has me stressed out. I asked my travel agent if she thought I should book another resort and she said she would if it was her.

We haven't booked any guests yet...not even ourselves...we just have the wedding itself scheduled and confirmed so it would easy to switch at this point. I emailed our second choice and they have some dates available...just not on Saturday like I wanted.

Bleh...I don't know what to do!

#199 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:43 PM

Quote:
                  i hope you share your TA information because we get business by referrals and your TA should be helping you...

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by cendcar
                  P.S. My TA sucks too!
                  sorry to hear that. if i get info i will share it.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#200 jodylynn007

jodylynn007
                  • 99 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:25 PM

Quote:

Wow!! Sounds like you and I have the SAME TA!!!! lol. Did you by chance use destinationwedding.com? That is who I used and she has assured me that she will re-locate my guests that have booked through her (about half) but in her sweetest voice (not so much) she let me know that those that didn't book through her were on their own. Super nice!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users