Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Tulum Closure (consolidated thread)


  • Please log in to reply
690 replies to this topic

#161 jodylynn007

jodylynn007
  • Newbie
  • 99 posts

    Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:11 AM

    Tammy, could you possibly find out if they are willing to re-route guests to the Secrets Maroma Beach resort? They are within the same chain but not mentioned during this thread at all. I know I am lucky that my wedding is a month away and Dreams Tulum might be open by then but I want to check out my other options in the meantime.

    Dreams Cancun isn't ideal for what I had in mind, remote location by the beach (Cancun is just too touristy for me despite the lovely spot they have to be married by the beach) and Secrets Silversands is apparently not RIGHT on the beach so I do not know what arrangements they can make for a bride wanting to be married ON the beach?

    Would love some feedback on this as I too cannot seem to get ahold of Landy or Lizet and my travel agent has advised that everything is just in holding. I am thinking that like the brave Trish (you go girl!), we are going to be heading there on our flight day and not knowing where we will end up.

    #162 trisha0612

    trisha0612
    • Jr. Member
    • 491 posts

      Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:45 AM

      Thank you AGAIN so much for your support girls! Don't know if I could make it through this without you girls and Tammy....well...I would be fine right now b/c I probably wouldn't even know it was closed! lol

      Anyways..I was told by my brother today..."Trish, I had teh perfect wedding, Frank had the perfect wedding, Nicole and Chris had the perfect wedding (these are my 4 siblings) and we are all divorced! (bad record huh?) Then, me and Faith (my bro's wife) decided to get married in Las VEgas..they lost our luggage and we had the same clothes for 3 days....they ruined Faith's dress on the airport. And they told us they didn't have our reservations at the hotel we were supposed to stay at and we had to be moved. We are so happily married right now. So lesson learned is...bad luck wedding...GREAT MARRIAGE!"

      Today I will be dealing with my guests...I swear if ANYONE gives me shit I am directing them to this forum so you girls can give them hell! :)

      Thanks again!
      Travis & Trish
      10-10-08
      Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX

      #163 can't wait!

      can't wait!
      • Member
      • 517 posts

        Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:48 AM

        You go Trish! That's the spirit!! Can't wait to hear all the fabulous details!!! Have a wonderful time and forget all the commotion. You only get married once!!

        #164 can't wait!

        can't wait!
        • Member
        • 517 posts

          Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:49 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by jodylynn007
          Tammy, could you possibly find out if they are willing to re-route guests to the Secrets Maroma Beach resort? They are within the same chain but not mentioned during this thread at all. I know I am lucky that my wedding is a month away and Dreams Tulum might be open by then but I want to check out my other options in the meantime.

          Dreams Cancun isn't ideal for what I had in mind, remote location by the beach (Cancun is just too touristy for me despite the lovely spot they have to be married by the beach) and Secrets Silversands is apparently not RIGHT on the beach so I do not know what arrangements they can make for a bride wanting to be married ON the beach?

          Would love some feedback on this as I too cannot seem to get ahold of Landy or Lizet and my travel agent has advised that everything is just in holding. I am thinking that like the brave Trish (you go girl!), we are going to be heading there on our flight day and not knowing where we will end up.

          Tammy do you know if they will make an exception at these resorts regarding there no kids policies?! I know it's a long shot but I thought I should ask seeing I'm not interested in Dreams Cancun but have about 5 kids coming to my wedding.

          #165 cendcar

          cendcar
          • Jr. Member
          • 163 posts

            Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:49 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by trisha0612
            Thank you AGAIN so much for your support girls! Don't know if I could make it through this without you girls and Tammy....well...I would be fine right now b/c I probably wouldn't even know it was closed! lol

            Anyways..I was told by my brother today..."Trish, I had teh perfect wedding, Frank had the perfect wedding, Nicole and Chris had the perfect wedding (these are my 4 siblings) and we are all divorced! (bad record huh?) Then, me and Faith (my bro's wife) decided to get married in Las VEgas..they lost our luggage and we had the same clothes for 3 days....they ruined Faith's dress on the airport. And they told us they didn't have our reservations at the hotel we were supposed to stay at and we had to be moved. We are so happily married right now. So lesson learned is...bad luck wedding...GREAT MARRIAGE!"

            Today I will be dealing with my guests...I swear if ANYONE gives me shit I am directing them to this forum so you girls can give them hell! :)

            Thanks again!
            That is so nice =....brothers are the best!

            I am nervous....

            #166 KLC77

            KLC77
            • Sr. Member
            • 2,207 posts

              Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:53 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by trisha0612
              Thank you AGAIN so much for your support girls! Don't know if I could make it through this without you girls and Tammy....well...I would be fine right now b/c I probably wouldn't even know it was closed! lol

              Anyways..I was told by my brother today..."Trish, I had teh perfect wedding, Frank had the perfect wedding, Nicole and Chris had the perfect wedding (these are my 4 siblings) and we are all divorced! (bad record huh?) Then, me and Faith (my bro's wife) decided to get married in Las VEgas..they lost our luggage and we had the same clothes for 3 days....they ruined Faith's dress on the airport. And they told us they didn't have our reservations at the hotel we were supposed to stay at and we had to be moved. We are so happily married right now. So lesson learned is...bad luck wedding...GREAT MARRIAGE!"

              Today I will be dealing with my guests...I swear if ANYONE gives me shit I am directing them to this forum so you girls can give them hell! :)

              Thanks again!
              That is the BEST brother ever... and he's right. I hope your guests are good to you and handle the changes well. If they're not we'll beat them up! lol Good luck. Can't wait to hear how everything turns out when you get back. I'm sure it wil be beautiful no matter where you end up.
              ~Kelly

              Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

              #167 DanielleNDerek

              DanielleNDerek
              • VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

                Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:00 PM

                Love your brother. He said the best thing.

                Trish your going to be a beautiful bride no matter where you get married and dont worry about your guests. Everyone is going to have a great time, even if it's not what you invisioned.
                ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

                #168 amesharpe

                amesharpe
                • Jr. Member
                • 260 posts

                  Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:10 PM

                  I love your brother Trish- You all have the right attitude. I'm sure we'll all look back at this one day and remember the fact that it's just a day. The marriage is what really matters!

                  I can't wait to hear from you when you're back!

                  #169 chandrathebride

                  chandrathebride
                  • Newbie
                  • 90 posts

                    Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:58 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by amesharpe
                    I love your brother Trish- You all have the right attitude. I'm sure we'll all look back at this one day and remember the fact that it's just a day. The marriage is what really matters!

                    I can't wait to hear from you when you're back!
                    Your brother has the right idea! Congrats ahead of time! Can't wait to hear all the details upon your return! We love you and are sending all good thoughts your way!

                    #170 Mixie23

                    Mixie23
                    • Newbie
                    • 56 posts

                      Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:19 AM

                      Trish - your brother is truly something else, how lucky you are to have the support of your family through this really difficult time. My mom talked with our TA yesterday about being moved to a Secrets location, since, like many others on this forum, Dreams Cancun is not what I was looking for at all (uhh, there's a reason I didn't pick DC in the first place!). The TA said that she didn't think that they would allow children at the Secrets resorts since my wedding is so far out (June 27). I am not sure if they would be willing to make exceptions for those being married earlier. Another idea that was mentioned during her visit was that they may be taking people to Secrets for the ceremony, but then back to Dreams for the reception, perhaps you could see if this would be an option? I would also hope that Dreams Cancun would honor the room rates guests were quoted at Dreams Tulum since it is more expensive, as well as honoring the wedding package and "extras" prices since they are more expensive at DC as well. I am looking forward to hearing how things are turning out for everyone as time moves on, I am trying to be thankful that my wedding isn't until June, but it's still an added stress that I didnt need to deal with. My heart truly goes out to those of you that are being married in the near future and are caught up in this situation.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users