Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jiffer

Dreams Tulum Closure (consolidated thread)

Recommended Posts

Thanks! I asked for 11/27-12/02. My travel agent also checked a few days ago and saw nothing available, and as I said earlier, I talked this morning with a woman at the DT [866-2DREAMS] and she said that they could not book anything. Who did you speak with at the sales dept? B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is the same response I have received - they are not taking any bookings at Dreams Tulum for our date. Do you send back your form of wedding/guest attendees to them? We have 1 guest that didn't get book and I added him to the bottom of the form with a note by his name explaining we couldn't get his reservation booked due to the closure. The guest still isn't booked but I think at this point we have to wait until we get moved and then book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstbride View Post
Hey Ladies!

I have a quick question... Im totally lost and confused about who to contact regarding our wedding now...

I know when it was Landy for Dreams Tulum , but should I contact the wedding coordinator for Barcelo now? or should I still be asking Landy questions and making my requests thru her?

Ive tried Landy and Sandra and Lizette a couple times now, with no response, and thats to be expected seeing as their working their butts off to relocate other brides and what not...

Should I just contact Barcelo's wedding coordinator and hope for the best?

Thanks :)
Joann, I have the same problem. I cant get a hold of Landy AT ALL and Im leaving Thrusday so I need to get my menus done. If you hear anything about the details can you please let me know. Likewise, if I get through Ill email you any info I get. We are going to try calling again today. Ill let you know how it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyW View Post
That is the same response I have received - they are not taking any bookings at Dreams Tulum for our date. Do you send back your form of wedding/guest attendees to them? We have 1 guest that didn't get book and I added him to the bottom of the form with a note by his name explaining we couldn't get his reservation booked due to the closure. The guest still isn't booked but I think at this point we have to wait until we get moved and then book.
I have not send the list of guests with their arrival dates yet. I have actually 4 guests (a couple from Argentina and a couple from the Netherlands) that would like to book teh rooms, but they are waiting to see what happens (they cannot book the rooms anyway now). So we are all waiting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Room bookings

I have a couple of guests who have not booked their rooms either, they tried calling the Barcelo to book directly but it is quite a bit more expensive if they try to do it that way. I am going to add them to the bottom of the list with a note the way someone else suggested. I feel they should get the same price we were originally offered and I think they will abide by it somehow or another...

 

Barcelo Palace brides

I too did not know who to call, well, I still don't. But, I did call and ask to speak to the spa and explained my situation with the spa and made the appointments for the wedding party to get their hair and make up done. He was able to accommodate my times, and he was really nice. I originally made these appointments with the Spa at Dreams so felt it was up to me to make them at the new place.

 

As far as picking rehersal dinner restaurant and all that other stuff, I'm still clueless as to who to talk to and how to go about doing that. I'm assuming it will be with Landy, Sandra, or Liz, but have yet to hear how to do it. I have to pring my menus too and it is so stressfull....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you who have been re-booked already, did you get the "official" word via email or phone call? I'm crossing my fingers they begin to relocate the latter half of November brides this week. Just wondering if you ladies actually got a phone call or an email.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstbride View Post
Hey Ladies!

I have a quick question... Im totally lost and confused about who to contact regarding our wedding now...

I know when it was Landy for Dreams Tulum , but should I contact the wedding coordinator for Barcelo now? or should I still be asking Landy questions and making my requests thru her?

Ive tried Landy and Sandra and Lizette a couple times now, with no response, and thats to be expected seeing as their working their butts off to relocate other brides and what not...

Should I just contact Barcelo's wedding coordinator and hope for the best?

Thanks :)
no, you should be working with your coordinator at dreams tulum. if they are not responding, resend with something in the subject lkike like "RESENDING" or "URGENT"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy Host View Post
no, you should be working with your coordinator at dreams tulum. if they are not responding, resend with something in the subject lkike like "RESENDING" or "URGENT"
Tammy-They are still not responding to that. I have sent off about 8 emails in the last month to Landy with Re: IMPORTANT and RE: URGENT and have not had one reply in a month! Even calling her she is never there. None of the other people know what I had discussed with her before so I am nervous about reexplaining to them. Are there any other options??

Im actually really mad about this because we are paying for a wedding package that wedding coordination is supposed to be a part of and I dont feel in any way that I am getting any. Even before the closure she rarely replied to any emails. Now we are left with the only option of planning the whole wedding once we are in Mexico. For someone like me who likes to plan everything, this isnt sitting very well. Are we really going to be charged full price for our packages when we really arent getting everything the way it should be? Its killing me thinking that we are spending our hard earned money on something that isnt fully what we wanted. The only element of our wedding that is the same is that it will be in Mexico, but with the closure its just not the same. I wish we could call off the wedding and start all over but that would be unfair to our guests. AGH!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies. Hope everyone had a good weekend. I'm starting to see my anxiety flare up again... any new information?

 

Anyone with a date past 11/15 hear about moving their wedding?

 

Was anyone given any of the Azul resorts to consider? Or anything other than Barcelo, Dreams, Secrets, and Paradisus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for all the barcelo transfer brides I have found the menus for the specialty resturants at the palace but not wedding menus. if you are interested at all let me know.

 

and if anyone does know about menues for the receptions please let me know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×