Dreams Tulum Closure (consolidated thread)

Amy706, one more thing, they have not told me they are going to relocate me yet. They said I would know on Oct 20th, but I heard from one of the other brides that arrives the same day as me and they told her they would decide on Oct 25th, so I think that will apply to me also. I would assume they will decide on the Dec brides by Nov 25 if it is not fixed, but that is totally my assumption.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alin & mako View Post
Amy706, yeah, I got one of those letters that has been posted here and it had the Excell attachment for me to fill in my guest name, arrival date, departure date, flights, and special requests. I think they sent it to all Nov brides at this point. You still have a little longer so hang in there.
Am I the only Nov bride who still hasnt heard back from anyone?

so i woke up in a panic sweating last night. it suddenly occured to me that my wedding is in mid-to-late December..... I haven't been asked to pay for anything due to the fact that the resort is closed.... We are not required to pay our balances until the matter is "resolved"

My question is....what happens if the resort does not re-open? Are they bound by anythng to me or my guests to make sure that we are taken care ofhuh.gif?? my guess would be no....

Are there any of you December brides out there worring about the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesharpe View Post
so i woke up in a panic sweating last night. it suddenly occured to me that my wedding is in mid-to-late December..... I haven't been asked to pay for anything due to the fact that the resort is closed.... We are not required to pay our balances until the matter is "resolved"

My question is....what happens if the resort does not re-open? Are they bound by anythng to me or my guests to make sure that we are taken care ofhuh.gif?? my guess would be no....

Are there any of you December brides out there worring about the same thing
They are bound by your reservations. I'm sure you've booked your room already, right? And most of your guests have booked too? That's what they consider as a contract.
I personally, haven't paid a $$ related to my wedding. I've only paid my weeks stay at the resort. I wouldn't worry abou it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoAmor View Post
Am I the only Nov bride who still hasnt heard back from anyone?
Oh no! You haven't received the excel sheet? the timetable thingy, the one where you fill out all your guests arrivals and such...

oh no! sad.gif Dont panic Leanne!!! I suggest e-mailing them and calling ASAP!!!

This whole thing is driving me mental!

Thanks for the info, Alin&Mako!

Amesharpe, I have only paid for the deposit on my hotel.

Althogh my TA told me yesterday we have to go ahead and collect full payment as originally planned or else we won't be covered through Apple Vacations. So we're all paying for our hotel in full this week despite the damn place not even being open!

Hopefully we can find out SOMETHING on 10/20- Monday. Hasn't been much new information this week and its driving me nutty!

amy706 & others,

Our wedding scheduled 11/27/08. We have paid in full for 60 guests back a few weeks ago (just before all this happened). Anyway, my TA talked with Apple and demanded they switch us to another resort - they responded with an absolute NO and told us we had to work with Dreams to get relocated or they could give us a refund. This tells me Apples real customer is Dreams not us. I did get an e-mail from Sandra at Dreams that they should have some news for us by Tuesday next week. I am hoping for the best! The new Dreams PA is suppose to open 12/1 (I would check on that option).

This sucks. My wedding is not until January but I'm starting to get calls from wedding guests to 'warn me that the resort is having issues and what are we going to do. I was hoping to avoid these conversations. I finally had to break the news to my mother because of these calls. her response was, 'you can always get married in Chicago.' Comments like that don't help. My soon to be MIL was actually quite calm about the whole thing and has complete faith that it will all work out for the best. I need more people to keep telling me that because I'm starting to stress. I just want to cont to plan my wedding and this is putting the breaks on. my mom even said we should hold off sending out our offical invites. thats when I snapped and said we're going to cont with things as planned and deal with it later if it becomes an issue! Sorry guys, just had to vent!!!! Thanks:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBlake View Post
This sucks. My wedding is not until January but I'm starting to get calls from wedding guests to 'warn me that the resort is having issues and what are we going to do. I was hoping to avoid these conversations. I finally had to break the news to my mother because of these calls. her response was, 'you can always get married in Chicago.' Comments like that don't help. My soon to be MIL was actually quite calm about the whole thing and has complete faith that it will all work out for the best. I need more people to keep telling me that because I'm starting to stress. I just want to cont to plan my wedding and this is putting the breaks on. my mom even said we should hold off sending out our offical invites. thats when I snapped and said we're going to cont with things as planned and deal with it later if it becomes an issue! Sorry guys, just had to vent!!!! Thanks:)
Poor you. Stick to your guns - you wanted to have a DW and you are going to have one. Worse case scenario is that you will be moved to another resort - and we have already heard back from some of the brides who this has happened to that everything went amazingly well.

Thanks, SandyW for the info.

That doesn't surprise me about Apple. Thank God Dreams is being pretty great about relocating everyone, keeping the rates the same and keeping the whole party together. I hope we actually do get some news (GOOD NEWS PLEASE!) on Tuesday. Waiting not knowing is worse! I've put the breaks on all kinds of things and in the end will probably just scrap the menu, programs, etc that i haven't done yet since i'm pushing it all off now while in limbo.

SBlake, I agree with Sunbride. Hold strong. I would hope DT is all straight by January and in the even it is not htey will have had quite a bit of practice relocating weddings by then! And just the think the very first ones who it happened to (Trish and Brooke and now others!) have had WONDERFUL reviews. The bottom line is if you stick with it- dreams will sort it out either way and no matter what happens you will marry your FI in a GORGEOUS location. Your friends and family will have an amazing times at a gorgeous resort with great cocktails and food! STICK WITH IT! Dont let this get you down. Send your invites!