Sign in to follow this  
jiffer

Dreams Tulum Closure (consolidated thread)

Have all the November brides recieved emails from the WCs? I still havent heard a peep from anyone and Im leaving to go on vacation soon. Should I just send them a list of guests anyway to be sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoAmor View Post
Have all the November brides recieved emails from the WCs? I still havent heard a peep from anyone and Im leaving to go on vacation soon. Should I just send them a list of guests anyway to be sure?
DEFINETLY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alin & mako View Post
Ladies, just got this e-mail from Sandra.

The couple doesn't have to deal and plan again the whole wedding , Landy , Lizet and Natalia our wedding planners have all her requests and plan as requested ....
Natalia ? ? ? I guess they finally hired a 3rd wedding planner to help them handle the excessive load of weddings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBride View Post
Natalia ? ? ? I guess they finally hired a 3rd wedding planner to help them handle the excessive load of weddings.
I'm pretty sure thats the same WC from DPA. She has sent me email from both a DT and a DPA email addy.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Some of our guests booked through Expedia and have been contacted about switching hotels. For those of you who have not yet told your guests, you may receive some calls.

I am not sure what to tell them. I thought Dreams was going to re-book all of our guests, regardless of how they booked. I will call tomorrow and post what I find out.

well at least everyone will be covered if your guests are being contacted who booked through expedia.

I had emailed Landy before I heard about all of this monkey business... Then I replied to my original email and mentioned I heard and asked for any news. She just wrote me back this afternoon. I was surprised to hear from her; I can only imagine how busy she's been redoing all these weddings!! Nothing too new in terms of information but thought I'd share anyway. At this point hearing anything from anyone is making me feel better!

Dear Amy:

Thank you very much for your patience and in relation with this problem, we are waiting the hotel open the first week in November, so we are just relocated the arrivals until October 31st.

In relation with your questions, please check my answers.

I had asked her about my menu options (since i booked with the old guide we have the option of using anything from either the old guide or the new guide) and if I can create my own ceremony in its entirly (we're doing the symbolic and the answer was yes. Just send the ceremony to her close to the date so the person can practice. English second language and all...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel88 View Post

Some of our guests booked through Expedia and have been contacted about switching hotels. For those of you who have not yet told your guests, you may receive some calls.

I am not sure what to tell them. I thought Dreams was going to re-book all of our guests, regardless of how they booked. I will call tomorrow and post what I find out.

I got an email from Sandra yesterday. She told me they would re-book all of our guests to the new resort and they would pay the $$ difference (if there is one) . So I wouldn't rebook with expedia. Plus, are you 100% sure of what hotel they are re-directing you to? I know its tough, especially if you have antsy guests hounding you for answers, but I suggest you wait and let DT take care of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel88 View Post

I agree with the other gals... DT said they would take care of all the transfer of resorts.

I think what Expedia might have meant is do you want to cancel all DT reservations and start new...I don't recommend this because then you and your guests might end up paying more....Just let Expedia know that you are keeping your reservations with DT because they are handling the resort changes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by can't wait! View Post
I got an email from Sandra yesterday. She told me they would re-book all of our guests to the new resort and they would pay the $$ difference (if there is one) . So I wouldn't rebook with expedia. Plus, are you 100% sure of what hotel they are re-directing you to? I know its tough, especially if you have antsy guests hounding you for answers, but I suggest you wait and let DT take care of it.
sad.gif I guess its official! If they're moving your wedding, then they will def be moving mine as well. I was really hoping that by some miracle Dreams would be opening up soon. But if they're re locating you and your guests, Im bound for tha same fate...

I replied to Sandra's e-mail a few days ago, and she has yet to reply (which is to be expected...considering all the drama)

about 50% of my guests book thru expedia. Incuding FH and I! We have yet to receive a phone call either. I hope they do get in touch with us soon though...

Does any one know what our options are? besides Dreams Cancun? (not an option for us) and Secrets Silversands?

any other resorts at this point in time Dreams Tulum has mentioned sending you and your wedding party?

Dreams Cancun is super beautiful. And they put on great weddings. But I dont want to be staying in Cancun. The Mayan Riviera is were we want to stay. All our wedding related activities are in the Mayan. And we dont want to be surrounded by all the Cancun party goers... argh!

THANKS LADIES!!!!! without this forum, I would be a disaster. Even though FH says I am regardless wink.gif