Dreams Tulum Closure (consolidated thread)

I don't know if this has been mentioned upthread or not, but for those of you DT ladies looking to get relocated and don't mind resorts who DO have more than one wedding per day, I've read on palladiumaddict.net that they are up to 5-6 weddings/day. Something to consider. It really is a fabulous resort, I had a blast there 3 years ago.

Good luck!! :)

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have some news and feel free to read in to this any way you like.

Daniel contacted my travel agent today and inquired if I would be receptive to switching to Dreams Puerto Aventuras. My wedding is still a month and a half away!!!! I told her that I would need to think about it and get back to her.

So of course for the last 4 hours I've been trying to figure out the angle here. Why are they trying to figure out my wedding now before everyone elses?!?! It leads me to wonder if they really believe they will be opening any time soon.

Maybe it's because my wedding is during high season and every place will be booked to occupancy that they are trying to figure out what to do with me now!?!?!?!

There is another wedding planned that day (I guess they only do 1 a day there?) but he had been in contact with them and can assure us that they can absolutely host two weddings that day.

Has anyone in late Nov or December gotten this email too?

I'm a little confused at this point. I can't decide which is the better of two evils. Move to a resort that will only be open for a month prior to our arrival or wait and see what options shake out when it's my turn for them to move me. Or is it my turn now. You wouldn't think so based on what's been happening.

Have any of you girls in Dec thought about DPA? thoughts?

that makes me pretty nervous...why would they be looking into relocating your wedding at the end of December if they're "confident" they'll be reopening soonhuh.gif crap crap crap. i've been trying SO HARD not to freak out and DAMN IT - now I am freaking out!!!

Amesharpe, I haven't gotten that email yet. And I get married two weeks before you! All I get is, we will get word tomorrow. And then tomorrow comes and I get the same response, "we will get word tomorrow".

If you're asking us what to do...here's what I think. I would take Dreams Puerto Aventuras. Then you would avoid yourself all the anxiety and stress over IF they will relocate me and WHEN will they relocate me and WHERE the relocation will be.

I am a month out and as I told my FH, these last weeks were supposed to be exciting! I'm supposed to be anxious not because I don't know where I'm getting married but because my wedding is right around the corner!

I started my DIY projects in January so that I wouldn't be rushing the last month trying to do things. Well, because of this, I'm gunna be rushing to do things. I hate it! And I still don't know where I'm going!

I would look into DPA and go from there. I say, if you can avoid yourself our stress and anxiety, go for it!

The DPA thread is very active so you should be able to get tons of help!

But ultimately it's your decision. Think long and hard about it!

Amesharpe

I too played with that idea, of waiting or moving and trust me, from personal experience, If I was you, I would just take the move and go. It is sooooo horendous not knowing where you will be. And waiting until a week or two before you get on the plane is just unbearable. Having to organize all your guests and your move and not knowing your menu if you are going to print them and the tours you will do change from one place to another. I think the new DPA looks amazing, that would have been my number one choice if it was open already.

Also, if DT even does re-open, it may be half way with the new Dreams Suits closed and even some restaurants closed. I feel that just knowing what is happening is so much better than not knowing.

Either way, this sucks, and I wish you all the best.

I TOTALLY agree with Can't Wait. I have said over and over to my FI and TA. I would prefer to know where I'll be TODAY then find out Dreams Tulum is open and it'll be there a day before we leave. The not knowing, limbo, minimal and mixed communication is seriously driving me over the edge. Personally, in your shoes, I'd take DPA. My wedding is 12/5 and I havent heard anything like that. I'm in limbo limbo wait and see mode. And we arrive 11/30 and I dont think DPA is opening then so wouldnt be an option for us. Of course its your decision but i'd take it.

With that said... i think the rest of us 2008 brides must come to the grips with the fact that DT isnt happening. I find it VERY interesting you received that proactively- well relatively.

Just got off the phone with Perla at the Paradisus. They don't have my date available! Gotta love it!

So...it looks like I will have to go to the Barcelo and I don't want to.

Amesharpe, as the date nears it will be more difficult to find another resort available with your date. Just something else to consider!