Dreams Tulum Closure (consolidated thread)

Hey! I just wanted to post an email I got from Landy last night and am wondering if anyone else received it as well. It looks like it could be a standard informational letter. I haven't emailed Landy since 9/24 (just prior to the shut down) asking her if there were any other weddings planned for my date.

Oh well, looks like the same old information we have thus far. It does say that they have hired 2 more people to help them through this mess but boy are they being worked hard. 20 hrs a day!!!

Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 15:55:20 -0600

Subject: DECEMBER WEDDING

To: xxxxxxxxxx

Cc: customercare@amresorts.com, Monica Moreno <s_gerencia@dreamstulum.com.mx>

Dear Amy:

I want to send you our deepest apologies about this matter. This in fact does not reflect our service at all and clearly sends a really bad message to such important client as you. Before this incident happened, we decided to hire 2 additional staff for our weddings department, as our wedding business was growing really fast and we needed to improve our response time.

Unfortunately, the actual situation happened, and then a huge amount of work surpassed our capacities again, since we had to relocate about 40 weddings that we had for the next this month. We are actually working 20 hours a day just to relocate, contact and program individual reservations and wedding groups to other resorts in the area and unfortunately all of our weddings staff had to be sent to the different hotels in order to coordinate and operate those weddings, leaving very little time to contact all our wedding groups. Certainly, we are giving priority to those wedding happening now, and then chronologically contacting the rest of our clients.

In reference to this unfortunate situation, we have discussed with our corporate offices and they also with the lawyers. They are confident that this could be solved this in November but since it involves a legal issue, they or us, can not provide a definite date. We realize this very challenging situation has not been easy at all for guests and partners alike and truly regret each and every inconvenience this situation has created. Please be assured Dreams Tulum is committed to working hard until a resolution to this matter is found. Although we can not comment in detail, progress is being made and we are hopeful it will be resolved in the coming weeks with the resort once again accepting arrivals in November.

Since we do not yet have an exact date of resolution, we will not take unnecessary chances or last minute decisions and will relocate all arrivals up to November 15th. The resort team will continue to work hard in order to immediately provide and inform you of the protection of all bookings up to that date. All efforts will be made to protect guests at other Dreams Resorts & Spas and Secrets Resorts & Spas in the region when possible.

In this process we took the decision of protecting clients until November 15th , and relocating them to our sister hotels.

We will provide more information in this regard as soon as we have it. We wanted to keep you informed and truly regret the inconvenience.

We are sensitive to and fully appreciate the challenges and consternation presented by this situation and committed to finding a resolution as quickly as possible.

I hope this explanation helps and please accept our apologies. I can assure you that it does not reflect our regular service, just that we did not expect this and even though we are doing as humanly possible to make all changes in reservations and sales, it clearly is an almost impossible job.

Thank you again and please feel free to contact me if you require further assistance

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Landy Cahum Reyes

Coordinadora de Bodas

Dreams Tulum Resorts & Spa

Tel.: 011(52) 984 - 8.71.33.33, Fax: 011(52) 984 - 8.71.33.53

<mailto:infoweddings@dreamstulum.com.mx> weddings@dreamstulum.com.mx

<http://www.dreamsresorts.com/> Dreams Resorts & Spas: Unlimited Luxury

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, heck it's more than what I've gotten and my wedding is 3 weeks before yours! Since Landy took over, I've gotten ONE email from her. Just one! And that email came about a month before the closure. The only one I've been dealing with is Sandra but still on a very limited basis, meaning twice since this fiasco began.

My guess is they will start working on relocating the weddings after Nov 15 this week. But again, that's just my guess.

I'm beginning to regret my choice of picking DT. I went down there during the winter and fell in love with the resort, the food and even the staff. Sandra is GREAT! So when I signed up for my wedding I felt confident it would all be just perfect! And to think I spent my $$$ on a site visit to a place where I won't even be getting married! That's the whole reason why I took time off from work and flew down there...to see the resort first hand and not be surprised when I arrived for my wedding!

Fast forward to a month ago and well we all know the story. This is not what I signed up for. Not at all. And unfortunately my hands are tied. My guests booked through at least a half dozen agencies so cancelling their reservation with DT and then re-booking at another resort for probably more $$$ would be unfair of me to ask.

I agree with monoamor, we are definitely not getting what we paid for!

ditto - can't wait

When we decided on a destination wedding I thought it was going to be easier than having a wedding here....now when I should be picking out fun makeup and playing with hairstyles, working out like crazy, etc., instead I am spending all my time researching new places, e-mailing Dreams, reading this website and answering e-mails and phone calls from our 59 guests about where the wedding is going to be...and instead of getting my much needed beauty sleep for our big day - I can't sleep and I'm really stressed out. We leave in 27 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by can't wait! View Post
Well, heck it's more than what I've gotten and my wedding is 3 weeks before yours! Since Landy took over, I've gotten ONE email from her. Just one! And that email came about a month before the closure. The only one I've been dealing with is Sandra but still on a very limited basis, meaning twice since this fiasco began.
My guess is they will start working on relocating the weddings after Nov 15 this week. But again, that's just my guess.

I'm beginning to regret my choice of picking DT. I went down there during the winter and fell in love with the resort, the food and even the staff. Sandra is GREAT! So when I signed up for my wedding I felt confident it would all be just perfect! And to think I spent my $$$ on a site visit to a place where I won't even be getting married! That's the whole reason why I took time off from work and flew down there...to see the resort first hand and not be surprised when I arrived for my wedding!

Fast forward to a month ago and well we all know the story. This is not what I signed up for. Not at all. And unfortunately my hands are tied. My guests booked through at least a half dozen agencies so cancelling their reservation with DT and then re-booking at another resort for probably more $$$ would be unfair of me to ask.

I agree with monoamor, we are definitely not getting what we paid for!

Can't wait, I'm a total brat. hissyfit.gif

Ever heard the phrase..."only the squeeky gear gets the oil"? I'm suspecting that this email is in response to an email I sent to Kevin at AM Resorts last Friday.

Tammy is right with the fact that the people down at the resort are the ones doing all of the work. But, I still figure that if I complain to the big guys, they have to respond just from a PR stand point. This Kevin guy probably just forwarded my email right down to the resort and said "someone deal with this bridezilla"

AND there is nothing new in this email that we don't already know.

I emailed Daniel last night with some of my concerns since nobody else has responded, AND GUESS WHAT! I got a reply for Landy this morning. I know that she isnt trying to ignore people and is just busy, but it does seem like the only way to get a reply is to put pressure on their boss who will make sure they get to you first. Maybe its a little unfair to do that, but honestly nothing about this situation is fair to us, so I say do what you have to get a satisfactory answer. I will CC Daniel on our emails now until I leave on Thursday....(wow only 3 days left, kinda freaked out lol)

I am SO glad to hear they hired more people. Sounds like they need a small army!!! Maybe the mexican govt can supply one since they caused all of this to begin with! Okay, I cant pass judgment on the court case and maybe DT did something wrong BUT... damnit!!! I'm so frustrated.

The squeeky wheel point is a valid one but then i also think about how busy they must be and then hitting them 8 times with the same thing just clogs the whole system up even more for everyone... I just dont know anymore!

His email is dmellado@dreamstulum.com.mx. I just googled his name and found it and since I got a reply from Landy I am assuming it is the correct one. His name is Daniel Mellado.

I agree that it is a little unfair to bombard them with emails, but for the brides getting married before Nov 15th especially who are trying to plan I think its acceptable to bug who you need to to get the wheels turning.

Another idea ladies is calling. I have been able to talk to someone 1 out of every 2 times I have called. It is never Sandra or Landy, but whomever answers can look me up, and usually answer whatever question I have, is very nice and reassuring. It certainly makes me feel a little better when I talk to them.

I am a complete Type A and have to plan everything in advance and it is killing me to have to wait till I get there to work out the details, but at this point, I just have to take a shot and try to relax :) It is so har though!

O'h and whomever said they found the menu for the other restaurants at the Palace, please sent them to me, I would absolutely love to see them. Thank you sooooooo much. You guys are life savers!