Dreams Tulum Closure (consolidated thread)

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Helllllooooo ladies, it is official and perhaps I am the first on this thread, my wedding party (17 guests only and all adults) are being moved to Secrets Maroma Beach. I'm quite happy with the choice, it's a brand new resort (only open a month) but Maroma Beach itself is supposed to be the most beautiful in the Mayan Riviera and since I am getting married on the beach, that's all I need to know.

Not much for me to learn about the resort itself as it is still so new, but there are a few reviews on it on TripAdvisor.

Fingers crossed... should be an interesting week... I am counting down the days, 4 more work days (not including today) lol.

PS. Hope they have premium drinks at Secrets!! :)

Jody, this is wonderful!!!! I hear nothing but great things about Maroma. You're so lucky!!!

I would love to go there but have about 7 kids coming to the wedding. Darn rascals!!!

Anyway, have an incredible time, enjoy it all, and don't forget to come back and tell us everything! Oh, and pics! You know we are all piggies when it comes to pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoAmor View Post
Finally got my confirmation. So I will be joining you girls at Barcelo for Nov 10th-17th. Should be a hell of a trip!
yay! we should so meet up for a margarita now!!! :)

quick question though... Did your ceremony time change? or is it still the same?

Ours might be a moved up, a bit... We're thinking we'll end up at the beach though.... or the gazebo thingy....

How about you? what are you thinkinghuh.gif?

Joann-I havent heard from Landy so Im not sure if its changed or not. I dont really care what time as long as its not dark for pics. I emailed her today with a couple questions cus Im kinda confused how the wedding planning is going to fly now (ie. menu options so i can print my menus, and if i still get the $20 option for dinners, ect). I also asked if we can get married at the chapel on the Colonial part. If not Ide be fine with the Gazebo, but beach is not going to happen. Ill get married on a roof before a beach haha I HATE sand! It looks like a nice resort, maybe a little less private than DT but still beautiful. It will all work out for us!

I'm officially a Barcelo Maya Palace bride now. I guess I'm happy, not sure. It looks beautiful. My FI had his heart set on the food at Dreams we had picked and he is bummed now. Just sent an e-mail to 124 guests now and I am getting a lot of replies with it's ok, don't worry, so that is nice. Just feel so drained now... so much work down the drain... so much more work to do now. Deep breathe. Can't wait to get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alin & mako View Post
I'm officially a Barcelo Maya Palace bride now. I guess I'm happy, not sure. It looks beautiful. My FI had his heart set on the food at Dreams we had picked and he is bummed now. Just sent an e-mail to 124 guests now and I am getting a lot of replies with it's ok, don't worry, so that is nice. Just feel so drained now... so much work down the drain... so much more work to do now. Deep breathe. Can't wait to get there.
That's great about your guests! Everything will be beautiful and I'll be thinking of you on Nov. 8th sending you good karma