Dreams Tulum Closure (consolidated thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by can't wait! View Post
Piggy, a review and pictures would be a God send! So many are being transfered here and there is so little information about the Barcelo Maya Palace.
Anything you can give us would surely put a lot of minds at ease.
Thanks, and welcome back!
DIDO that ^ :) if you could please! that would be fabulous!!!!

Im so glad it all worked out for you Piggy! :) It makes me very hopeful! :)

The only thing that worries me about the Barcelo, is the intimate location thing... I was hoping for something on the privater side... I dont know if that will be possible there??

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to travel months ... we picked Thanksgiving week (ours is 11/27/08 because our younger kids as well as our college children have most of that week off. I think a lot of Americans travel over this holiday and am concerned hotels will be more booked up over that time. There is another bride on here with same date as me who is going to Paradisus (originally planned that way) and another Tulum bride on 11/28/08 who doesn't know where she will be yet either.

Hi There,

I will post a review soon. I have my home reception this weekend so am very busy right now. But don't worry, I will write up a review once I get time. Also don't worry about the drinks. We ordered anything we wanted and it was all included. I will get back to you gals soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyW View Post
In regards to travel months ... we picked Thanksgiving week (ours is 11/27/08 because our younger kids as well as our college children have most of that week off. I think a lot of Americans travel over this holiday and am concerned hotels will be more booked up over that time. There is another bride on here with same date as me who is going to Paradisus (originally planned that way) and another Tulum bride on 11/28/08 who doesn't know where she will be yet either.
Oh right, I wasn't thinking about Thanksgiving. In Canada Thanksgiving is the first Monday in October, and it's totally not a big deal like in the U.S. (basically we get one day off work and we eat turkey and pumpkin pie). I knew it was a big deal down there, but I didn't realize that students get several days off school.

Just thought I would chime in and say that Perla at the Paradisus was telling me yesterday that they are accomodating as many brides as possible but are somewhat restricted since they only do one wedding a day. She did say that Dreams had asked her to take someone on 11/27/08 (my day!) and she flat out refused b/c of the one a day role.

She did say that they will take pretty much any request as long as there is nothing booked there already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoAmor View Post
Finally got my confirmation. So I will be joining you girls at Barcelo for Nov 10th-17th. Should be a hell of a trip!
Adding you to the list so that it stays up to date

List of brides moved from Dreams Tulum to other resorts

RabbitNow - Oct 7 - Dreams Cancun
Piggy - Oct 9 - Barcelo Maya Palace
Trisha0612 - Oct 10 - Paradisus Riviera Cancun
B&J2008 - Oct 11 - Paradisus Riviera Cancun
cendcar - Oct 27 - Paradisus Riviera Cancun
Nueland - Nov 12 - Barcelo Maya Palace
Dreamstbride - Nov 13 - Barcelo Maya Palace
MonoAmor - Nov 13 - Barcelo Maya Palace
Meggzilla - Nov 14 - Barcelo Maya Palace

I recently (October 3-10, 200cool.gif visited the Barcelo Maya Palace. I really loved the place, but I wasn't there for a wedding and wasn't looking at anything specifically with a wedding in mind. We've been there, done that already this year and so this was a vacation just for the two of us. I feel really guilty saying that. . . I'm sorry girls.

You do have to wear a wristband and there are different colours for the different sides of the resort. We did see a guard on the pathway to the palace stopping guests who were from another side of the resort.

We did drink premium alcohol at all bars all over the whole resort, but not all bars had what we wanted. If they didn't we just moved to another one or drank something else. e.g. my husband wanted 10 year old port and went to three different bars to find it but once he did I think he drank the whole bottle. Our wristbands were checked when we ordered premium alcohol at the bars on the Tropical/Colonial side.

We had unlimited al a carte reservations, but I don't know if it is always like that, because it was not busy, or because we were with Transat Holidays Prestiege Class. I loved the al a carte restaurants at the Palace. We've been to the resort before but stayed at the Tropical/Colonial side. The Palace is definately a class above the other sides. The decor is amazing. All the rooms are junior suites or above.

I would reiterate that the best place for information on the Barcelo is UNOFFICIAL BARCELO MAYA | Your unofficial guide to Beach | Caribe | Tropical | Colonial | Palace and sign up for the forum Unofficial Barcelo Maya - Index.

For pictures I would say the best collection of pictures on the palace are this persons here Picasa Web Albums - Jasper - he has them divided up into the different areas of the Palace.

I do have some pictures, from 2007 of the chapel which is on the Colonial side (it might be the Tropical) and they are here:

IMG_1081 pictures from entertainment photos on webshots

IMG_1082 pictures from entertainment photos on webshots

IMG_1083 pictures from entertainment photos on webshots

I hope that helps someone.