Dreams Tulum Closure (consolidated thread)

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other resort some people are supposedly being moved to (although none of our brides yet) is Secrets Silversand. It's a new resort just opened in August. A search of BDW turned up nothing, here is the trip advisor site and reviews

Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun (Puerto Morelos, Riviera Maya) - Resort Reviews - TripAdvisor

On the right column, down a bit, there is a link (I can't post it here) for traveller photos and videos, "view all photos".

The reviews are mixed so far but not that bad considering a very new resort. The Secrets resorts are higher class than Dreams (more expensive!), although they are also adults only (but maybe they are making exceptions given these circumstances?). If I was in the position and given the choice between Secrets Silversand and Dreams Cancun, I'm not sure which I would pick (then again, I haven't taken the time to read the reviews, I just looked at the pics). Secrets has a more modern decor (nice furniture!). The beach seems equally as bad at DT (maybe worse) but there is a nice infinity pool (pool which overlooks the ocean). You would likely be the first wedding - which means they would be less organized, although maybe Landy could go over there to do it, and they would probably be very accomodating since it's their first and since the resort can't possibly be that busy. At least both of the alternative resorts being offered are good resorts - can you imagine if they were offering a crappy alternative (or worse - none at all!)

We still don't have any word, I guess we are just waiting til tomorrow which supposedly they will know more. I prefer Secrets Silversands instead of Dreams Cancun, although I know DC is lovely resort. Only thing with me is Silversands is an adult only resort and we have one baby (one year old on 10/3) with us. I really hope they make an exception this one time!...given the circumstances anyway.

well they re-scheduled Anna very quickly so that has to give you some piece of mind that if the same needs to be done for you (brooke and trish) they will do it too, they are just waiting another day or two to make sure it's absolutely necessary before they do the switch.

I'm sure that is what they are doing, and I'm ok with waiting, just a day or so anyway. I just wish that if they don't know by tomorrow, we can just go ahead and move forward with switching to the other resort. At least so I can have some peace of mind!!! haha

I totally wasn't going to tell any of my guests, but I told two of my best friends that are going and they were totally cool with it. I was kinda relieved, wasn't sure if they would freak out or not.

OMG!!!!! Stephanie! You are such an amazing person! Thank you for posting the resort review and pics! You are like our "dreams" angel! wink.gif THANK YOU!!! You are truly the best!

Im positive you have just calmed down more than just me with that post!

I am still very stressed! But I believe everything happens for a reason. And I believe everything will work out!

:) here's hoping! with fingers crossed! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&J2008 View Post
I'm sure that is what they are doing, and I'm ok with waiting, just a day or so anyway. I just wish that if they don't know by tomorrow, we can just go ahead and move forward with switching to the other resort. At least so I can have some peace of mind!!! haha

I totally wasn't going to tell any of my guests, but I told two of my best friends that are going and they were totally cool with it. I was kinda relieved, wasn't sure if they would freak out or not.
I think that is the right approach, I can't believe you are managing to be rational :) Wait a day or two and then put your foot down and say "this is enough, I'm switching"

of course your family and friends will be supportive. They will all be feeling so bad for you, and really it won't affect their vacation much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstbride View Post
OMG!!!!! Stephanie! You are such an amazing person! Thank you for posting the resort review and pics! You are like our "dreams" angel! wink.gif THANK YOU!!! You are truly the best!

Im positive you have just calmed down more than just me with that post!
It wasn't much, but I'm glad it helped a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstbride View Post
I am still very stressed! But I believe everything happens for a reason. And I believe everything will work out!
:) here's hoping! with fingers crossed! :)
Great attitude!

I'm off to bed and hope that you beautiful ladies will be able to get some sleep tonight. Brides need their beauty sleep :)

I don't even know what to think or feel right now. I've kept myself really busy all day with last minute details..and tried to stay away from the forum for longer than 20 minutes hoping some miracle happened.....lol...guess not..

like I said before..I will just be really bummed out if we can't do this at DT...

I nkow things will work out fine .... but I'm bummed

To the ladies getting married within a week or two, my heart goes out to you guys. I can't even imagine being in this situation but it seems like you girls have positive attitudes and that helps. Trish, its ok to be bummed. After all you picked Dreams Tulum for a reason but know that your wedding day will still be great no matter where you get married. I'll be thinking positve thoughts for you all.