Al Cielo Hotel

Just in case there are other brides who are considering Al Cielo, I just heard back from Donaji that the place is NOT CLOSING! They are in fact planning to add more rooms, and the construction is scheduled to start in May 2009.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there are other brides considering Al Cielo hotel, Just be aware, there is a price increase on wedding packages from what you see on the website. From what I was told it will be around 30-50% increase. I am waiting on the final numbers, and will post the spreadsheet once I receive them. Just an FYI.

For those brides considering Al Cielo, especially since it now staying open, I just wanted to post the link to my very very positive Al Cielo Wedding Review here, so you can find it (as I assume double posting the actual review is bad forum etiquette?).

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t22155

Or you can look under Wedding Reviews for:

"Nylalany's Reviews Part 3 - Al Cielo Wedding - Vendors & Wedding (Riviera Maya)"

WoW! U had a beautiful wedding!! Congratulations!! I haven't received the final numbers yet from Donaji yet... Hopefully it will happen soon. Thanks for the reviews, I am still in the middle of reading them all but it is making me want to go with Al Cielo now despite the price increase!!!

Thanks again for the review!

anna

• 2 weeks later...

We just shot a killer wedding there, just wanted to post it for more photos to browse for those interested in booking them...

del Sol Photography Wedding Photojournalism

Also, I did some writing about our creative lighting style on my flash flavor lighting blog. This may be an interesting read on how del Sol goes the extra mile to make dynamic photography!

I actually asked other photogs what they would do with this setup: FlashFlavor Blog Archive what would you do

Then posted results from my setup here: FlashFlavor Blog Archive here is what we did

Thanks for the photos Matt - it is neat to see another style wedding at the same place - there haven't been many posted here besides mine and itsme7396, but so far, all 3 feel somewhat unique! I like what you did with the palapa lighting - there isn't much lighting at Al Cielo and for a wedding that goes late into the night, that is an important consideration! We rented extra lighting and I still felt like we could have used a little more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabyShaf View Post
I emailed the address on the website but havent heard back from anyone. Does anyone what their current prices fall in?
The following are the items that has been changed from the previous package:

New Event Site Fee 3000usd
New Coordination services fee: 1500usd
All menus have a 15usd extra charge
National Open Bar 20usd (each 3 first hours) and from 4th hr. 15usd/hr.
International Open Bar 30usd and from 4th hr. 20usd /hr.
Final bill is subject to a +10% Mexican tax I.V.A.

With these changes I got a quote for 21k for 30 people wedding, 25k for 40 people. This is including $580 discount from renting all four rooms for three nights min.

The person I have been in contact with was Donaji, and you can contact her at her e-mail address: weddings@alcielohotel.com

Hope this helps!

anna

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylalany View Post
Thanks for the photos Matt - it is neat to see another style wedding at the same place - there haven't been many posted here besides mine and itsme7396, but so far, all 3 feel somewhat unique! I like what you did with the palapa lighting - there isn't much lighting at Al Cielo and for a wedding that goes late into the night, that is an important consideration! We rented extra lighting and I still felt like we could have used a little more!

Thanks for the nice comments. We put quite a bit of effort to think about these ideas to try and change it up from the ordinary and I would totally agree, Al Cielo needs LOTS of ambient lighting. lots and lots and lots and lots more needed.

We shot this wedding there a few years ago, if you are in the mood to dig through more photos of the location: Sol Tamargo Photography Wedding Photojournalism but this is all we have done there so far.

The client that whose wedding we listed in the above post, Tobie & Tim, actually found our photos of Al Cielo online and made the decision to book the venue based on our images... a pretty kewl gesture! I'm hoping that we can get more folks hooked on the location!

Mateo