Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:37 PM
Posted 30 September 2008 - 12:32 AM
- the rooms are blocked off for your guests. this is important if you book at a resort that is very popular. i have a wedding that did not do a group block and only about 1/2 the guests were able to secure rooms.
- the rooms at blocked at a set rate.
- your guests can make payments instead of paying in full at once
- there are usually perks associated with a group block: free site visit, upgrades, free events, VIP status.
- you need to put $$ deposit upfront to secure the rooms.
- there are penalties if you do not book x-amount of rooms
out of all the groups i have done (and i have done alot) i have only had 1 bride/groom penalized for not fullfilling the group cpntract terms. this was 100% their fault as they chose to hold the unused rooms they had until the end instead of releasing them (their friends and family promised that they would book but ended up not booking). even though this was their fault, i was able to get the resort to waive the penalty.
i have not had a group yet :knock on wood: pay a big penalty like the one you posted above.
Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com / Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion
Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
Awards and recognition:
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award) | AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner | Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read! If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email email@example.com.
Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:32 PM
We purchased one room in full (our room), which allowed our guests to not have to pay until 2 months prior to our wedding. By paying early for our room, it held our block of 25 rooms at no additional charge.
Then each guest booked their room through VP guest reservations directly (through our TA), so that it could count toward our total number of rooms (and we can get the promotional deals). Hope that helps!
Posted 14 October 2008 - 06:17 AM
1) there is NO penalty if the rooms are unused. they just release them to the general public.
2) you could request an extension up to 2 weeks prior to the end date.
3) there's a 3 night minumim for each room. BUT if you have a guest staying for 6 nights, that could equivalent to 2 rooms.
make sure you ask if Vallarta Palace honors room nights instead of rooms booked. it's so much easier to get your free functions with room nights rather than rooms booked.
Moon Palace and Vallarta Palce are the same company so i'm assuming the same contract stipulations apply.
hope this helps.
Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:34 PM
Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:50 PM
Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:13 PM
I felt this was the best way. Once we book 30 rooms bride/groom stay is free.... We also receive our 2k back after the wedding.
Check out the Dreams I have a great TA I am working with who has contacts there.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users