Photo

Has anyone ordered their wedding dress online?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 lgarner83

lgarner83
  • 530 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:57 AM

I love the look of this dress!

David's Bridal - Bridal Gowns BR1016 BR1016

But it freaks me out that it's only available online! Has anyone ever ordered online and had a good experience? Especially from David's bridal?

#2 jrodsgirl

jrodsgirl
    • 261 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:28 AM

I did order my dress online, but not through David's. I orderedd through bridal online store. I did not have any problems, and it came I think a week earlier then expected.

#3 rubyringo

rubyringo
      • 68 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:47 AM

I ordered my BM dresses online and all of them fit fantastic and look even better than the photo. I would just order your dress as soon as possible then you'll know.
        And if you need to return it and find something else you'll still have plenty of time :)

#4 edssbride09

edssbride09
        • 233 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:26 PM

I just ordered my dress online (not from DB though) and have no worries at all about it... I have ordered multiple BM dresses online and never had a problem, i think if you have tried it on already you will be fine!!!

#5 SoontobeMsKniss

SoontobeMsKniss
          • 715 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:28 PM

I have ordered my dress online (not DB). I haven't got it yet hopefully this week. I'm nervous but fell in love with it. I guess I'll see. I would just suggest to order it early enough so you have time if it doesn't work out. And make sure you know their return policy!

#6 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
            • 1,634 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:10 PM

I'd rather order my dresses online - but am the same as you, wondering if there will be any problems - i means, its your wedding dress - kinda a big deal!lol

but for me, i'm defo going to do it, i'd rather get a nice wee online discount and get the dress sent to my house, than go into a store and get pestered of a sales assistant trying to get some commission!lol

xxxxxxxx

#7 aimee!

aimee!
              • 696 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:15 PM

yep.

i ordered my tea-length civil ceremony dress from the DB online collection. i did run to the local DB to get measured, and it all went very smoothly. the dress came very quickly, and was packaged in a cute box. i didn't end up needing any alterations (yay) but the local store steamed it for free. i recommend the online collection- i loved my dress & it was so much prettier in person.

best of luck!
                Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#8 Kelly C

Kelly C
                • 2,051 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:56 PM

I ordered my from the bridal online store and everthing is wonderful.
                  Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#9 Jen_S

Jen_S
                  • 3,737 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 06:39 PM

for those that bought BM dresses online where did you get it from?
                    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#10 nscaper

nscaper
                    • 119 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:49 PM

I ordered my dress online. I don't get it until the end of November/early December. It was (and still is) pretty nerve wracking.
                      I tried it on in a store up here that was having financial difficulties so I wasn't keen on ordering from them. So i found somewhere in the US that is an authorized Maggie Sottero dealer and called and ordered. I saved myself 200+ on the dress and got lots of freebies (jewlery, garter, veil) with no taxes and free shipping. So I definitely got a good deal. (I hope)

HOWEVER, the night I ordered I had nightmares that it arrived with holes and it was obviously worn before etc. So it turns out I was pretty stressed out and worried about buying it online (no wedding related nightmares since).
                      But I went with it. I figured what the hell. I'd take the chance.

I guess come December I'll see.

However, I do know of other brides who used other websites to order dresses (netbride) and same with BM dresses that came in as ordered and expected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users