Sign in to follow this  
Hartyt509

Tricky Request lol

I never thought I'd see the day where I was thinking about cake toppers!!! but wtf.gif I am lol

So I've seen loads and as much as I like the bling ones its just not me or FI, I've never seen him out of uniform or without his trackies on lmao

So I saw a great cake where the top was split in half and on one side was the bride with a gun and on the other a groom with a gun lmao I thought this was fab but i might give my guests heart failure (those that don't really know me lol)

I've searched everywhere for a one where the groom is dressed like a squaddie but the only ones i've seen are like £100 and no way i'm paying for a couple of hours when it'll get shoved in a drawer never to be seen again lol

Anyone seen any? Problem is US and UK combats are different so it might be difficult. Help smile116.gif

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Custom-Personalized-Wedding-Cake-Topper-byEnchanted-You_W0QQitemZ110292665340QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item1 10292665340&_trkparms=72%3A1301|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3 A12|240%3A1308&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

or

Personalized custom wedding cake topper -wedding dress on eBay, also Cake Decorations, Wedding Supplies, Parties, Occasions, Home (end time 29-Sep-08 03:06:56 BST)

I prefer the 2nd link to the first, but it looks like you can personalise either of them!

Just a thought

Thanks that second one is bloody creepy lmao

Yeah I looked on ebay and they only had one soldier one and it was an officer (he'd have a fit!) and it was US so the uniforms are different - argg lol

I wish I could get one that copies us but no chance him in a kilt and me in black its not gonna happen lol

I just want something that reflects, ie not serious and emotional lol

Thanks tho I appreciate it I might try the ebay.com site.

Where in Scotland are you from i'm not far

Instead of thinking typical bride and groom standing on top of a cake, why not something different, like a starfish or seashell, or even something that clearly says you, like for me, I'm thinking about the "Hear no evil, See no evil, Speak no evil" monkeys. Or even some sort of picture frame and put a picture of you both inside? I have no idea, I'm just trying to think of different types of cake tops lol

You could actually get something like that Harty. It doesn't have to be an actual cake topper. Just make sure its light enough not to fall through the cake. Any type of ceramic that's not solid would work.

Hope that helps!! I can't wait to see the pics of your wedding Harty, I love reading your FIL stories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartyt509 View Post
Thanks that second one is bloody creepy lmao

Yeah I looked on ebay and they only had one soldier one and it was an officer (he'd have a fit!) and it was US so the uniforms are different - argg lol

I wish I could get one that copies us but no chance him in a kilt and me in black its not gonna happen lol

I just want something that reflects, ie not serious and emotional lol

Thanks tho I appreciate it I might try the ebay.com site.

Where in Scotland are you from i'm not far
hey girl, no worries, worth a try! :)

I'm about 20 mins from Glasgow - where abouts are you?

Not long til your wedding now!

Are you going to make up ott bags for everyone? random question, but i've been wondering how the h$ll i'm gonna manage taking everything over in our luggage!lol

Dilemmas us uk brides have!lol we want it all!hahaha

Are there any figurines that would be fun for you? that would be a quick and cheap way of making a topper... or just buy a snake figurine that isn't too heavy?..

Here are some other funny ones:

Click the image to open in full size.

From Wedding collectables (about $20-$30 or less)

Click the image to open in full size.