Jump to content

Photo

Does anyone watch TrueBlood?


  • Please log in to reply
662 replies to this topic

#481 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
  • Sr. Member
  • 3,103 posts

    Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

    Wow that's a sweet deal on both! I may just do it.

    The t-shirt BTW is a steal!

    #482 KittenHeart

    KittenHeart
    • Sr. Member
    • 3,103 posts

      Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:15 PM

      Can I freaking RANT for a second?! I'm literally on Amazon about to buy the books, I asked my husband if he'd read them with me to which he says "probably not". He read the Twilight series faster than anyone I've ever heard of and I say, "ok fine, I heard the book series was really good" to which he says... "Yeah but ______ dies, so..."

      !!!!!!!!!! Did he just ruin the whole effing series for me or what?! I'm so mad about this, he's sleeping on the effing couch tonight.



      #483 cougs

      cougs

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 12,151 posts

        Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:08 PM

        ugh, i hate when people do that, let alone your husband!!! i don't know if he's right about whatever he said, but honestly, i don't think knowing any single character was going to die would ruin the show for me. and how does he know anyway? from someone who read the books? bc they are not sticking to the books that closely, so i think it's possible that anything in the books could change in the show.

        also, TV tends to keep characters around as long as possible when they are fan faves, because it helps keep their ratings high. money is, of course, the bottom line. for instance, if you watched LOST, sawyer was initially meant to die off in the first season, but since fans loved him so much, he ended up with a series-long major role.

        #484 stacey

        stacey

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 4,853 posts

          Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:21 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by KittenHeart
          Can I freaking RANT for a second?! I'm literally on Amazon about to buy the books, I asked my husband if he'd read them with me to which he says "probably not". He read the Twilight series faster than anyone I've ever heard of and I say, "ok fine, I heard the book series was really good" to which he says... "Yeah but ______ dies, so..."

          !!!!!!!!!! Did he just ruin the whole effing series for me or what?! I'm so mad about this, he's sleeping on the effing couch tonight.

          Ok Ive been lurking on this thread today. Ive read all 10 books, dont worry about your Dh, he is wrong. No one important dies in the books........ yet
          Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

          #485 cougs

          cougs

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

            Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:24 PM

            oooh stacey i didn't know you were a true blood fan! how/where have you been, lurker?!

            no one important dying yet = good to know, thanks!

            #486 KittenHeart

            KittenHeart
            • Sr. Member
            • 3,103 posts

              Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:33 PM

              Thank you both! Ugh, it's just so freaking rude... he said he heard from someone who had read the books. He is probably totally confused, I was too mad to check his source.

              Stacey, you're friends with Yael right? I just met her on Sunday and she mentioned you :)

              #487 **~Jenn~**

              **~Jenn~**
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,236 posts

                Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:22 AM

                Amy,
                Not sure who he was referring to, but the only character that you would know from the TV series that Dies in the books, is still alive in the series. In the books, he's not important (& not in the TV show either in my opinion..lol)
                I don't think he ruined anything for you. I am excited for you to read the books though!! They are really quick reads!!!

                Ummm Alcide with NO shirt on How Hot is he?? I would have been like, "Bill who?" lol
                Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
                My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

                #488 miss_delerium

                miss_delerium
                • Member
                • 543 posts

                  Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:56 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by **~Jenn~**
                  Ummm Alcide with NO shirt on How Hot is he?? I would have been like, "Bill who?" lol
                  Ha ha...when FI and I were watching that episode and Alcide's like, "you probably want some privacy right now." And Sookie goes, "That's the last thing I want." And Alcide says something like, "Well I'll at least go put a shirt on." And I said out loud, "That's the last thing I want!" LOL FI just rolled his eyes and goes, "easy over there." Lol

                  #489 KittenHeart

                  KittenHeart
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 3,103 posts

                    Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:57 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by **~Jenn~**
                    Amy,
                    Not sure who he was referring to, but the only character that you would know from the TV series that Dies in the books, is still alive in the series. In the books, he's not important (& not in the TV show either in my opinion..lol)
                    I don't think he ruined anything for you. I am excited for you to read the books though!! They are really quick reads!!!

                    Ummm Alcide with NO shirt on
                    Ha ha...when FI and I were watching that episode and Alcide's like, "you probably want some privacy right now." And Sookie goes, "That's the last thing I want." And Alcide says something like, "Well I'll at least go put a shirt on." And I said out loud, "That's the last thing I want!" LOL FI just rolled his eyes and goes, "easy over there." Lol
                    LOL! I said the EXACT same thing and D just gave me a look, haha!

                    #490 stacey

                    stacey

                      VIP Member

                    • VIP Member
                    • 4,853 posts

                      Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:35 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KittenHeart
                      Thank you both! Ugh, it's just so freaking rude... he said he heard from someone who had read the books. He is probably totally confused, I was too mad to check his source.

                      Stacey, you're friends with Yael right? I just met her on Sunday and she mentioned you :)
                      Yep, Yael and I are good friends. She was just talking about how nice you are. :) I would deffinatly read the books, I think they are way better than the TV series. They are super addicitng. There are 10 books and I think she is writing # 11 right now.
                      Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users