Does anyone watch TrueBlood?

DLyteful

Rach - this episode kinda got back in sync with the book. Not totally but enough that you feel like you know what direction they are heading.

I thought it was one of the best of the season. I think the beginning seasons can be slow as they introduce new characters and have to develop new plot lines.

I will say that they are deviating from the book on little things that don't make sense to me yet so I'm irritated. For example, the Sheriff of Dallas is Godfrey? And Sookie tells Eric she will go to Dallas for money for her new driveway when in the book Eric gives her the driveway, showing another side of this character. Of course I'll still watch to see what happens!

There is no new episode next week, I guess because of the holiday. DOn't they realize that there are some of us who look forward to this show all week!

I need to re watch the episode tonight and pay attention. DH was talking and the dogs were chasing each other so I was distracted!

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha Erin- I felt that way about last Sunday's episode that I finally got to watch. DH likes the show so he watches generally with me, but he hasn't caught up yet. The damn dogs wouldn't stop barking though and I was gettin royally pissed. I guess I probably need to rewatch last weeks and watch this weeks tonight (hopefully). My parents are staying with us and it's hard to watch your fav shows when company is over. My dad would SOOOO not watch this show. Instead it's been Dodgers vs Mariners and DH is happy as a clam.

But small changes in shows from the books irritate me. I hope they aren't taking away the reasons why we all fell in love with Eric. Oh and when are we going to see some werewolves? This episode with Alcide? I hope I didn't give away a spoiler. If I did, warn me and I will delete.

I don't think you've made a spoiler. Can't wait to see who they cast for Alcide!!

Although I'm wondering what the new bartender Daphne's role is. I think she's another shifter and hunting Maryanne. I think.

I like the new twists the show is taking, keeps those of us who've read the book entertained without knowing exactly what is going to happen.

Oh and was it just me or was Jeffrey (Maryanne's male maid) cooking a heart? Perhaps the voodoo lady's hearthuh.gif

I like how the tv show is a bit different from the books but I agree with you Rachel.. I hope they don't change the story so much that we don't get to see the awesome side of Eric and all that he does. That would piss me off. I've read the first eight books now, I just haven't read the new hardcover one. And still my fav book is #4 so I can't wait til they get to that season in the show. Woot woot!! Bring on Eric!

OMG Lisa! Did you read the latest book yet? I have a ridiculous crush on Eric now!

I am so excited to have a new episode this weekend! Doing re-runs because of the holiday weekend was BS! LOL

Were the werewolves in book 2? I thought they didn't show up until 3. I read them all back to back so I get them confused. I guess I need to google!

I haven't read the hardcover book Dead and Gone yet. I think I will go to the library and put my name on a waiting list to read it cause I cannot wait for the paperback!! The author also said somewhere that the next book after Dead and Gone Eric would be "large and in charge". I really don't want her to end up with Sam or another were-shifter/wolf or anything. I dunno why but ah well.

I think Alcide shows up in book 3? I think book 1 and 2 are just her and vamps but I read them all back to back too so I'm mashing them all together now I think.. heh!

Yay for a new episode on sunday night! Can't wait!!!

I love that I can come on here and talk about the books/tv show with you guys :)

Ok I really liked last night's episode! It's still kinda slow but I think you can start to see Eric's infatuation with Sookie begin to show. And what about Barry the bellboy? I thought he'd be cuter based on the description in the book.... can't wait to see what they do with that.

I loved last nights' show. I laughed out loud a couple of times. Lafayette is still one of my fav's and of course Eric. I have mega crush on Alexander Skarsgard.. sigh.

I didn't really have a clear picture of what Barry would look like but I knew he was young.. like 18 or something?

My name is on hold at the library for the 9th book. Hopefully people read it fast so I can get my hands on it! The suspense is killing me.. heh.