Laser Eye Surgery - anyone's experiences?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#21 Patrice

• 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:45 PM

Yes, I had it in march, I have had no problems. Now they should have told you that it will make your eyes dry, so if you have dry eyes now it will make them worse..FOR A WHILE! I know what you mean...i had wore glasses for a long long time and couldnt wear contacts. My sister-in-law had it when it first came out, and she still loves it...Yes i would do it again! GO FOR IT GIRL!!!

#22 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:25 PM

I had it done and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! It will be 2 years in Jan. and I have no regrets. I did have a tough time recovering bc my eye balls are apparently really tiny so they got really brused, I had my worst problems for the first 24 hrs. Make sure you follow the drs recovery steps though, I worked with a guy that I also got it done and he never put in the drops and did not rest his eyes and it took him about a month to see clearly but now he also has no problems. I also say go for it.
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#23 MayanButterfly

• 36 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:40 PM

Thanks girls! Did you have PRK or Lasik? I would have rathered the Lasik procedure because of the faster healing time, but I don't qualify for it. I have exactly 1 week of school at which time I'll be doing the surgery, but I definitely need to read again the week after!

#24 JoLo908

• 889 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:58 PM

I want it! I HATE my contacts!!! Grrr!

#25 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:40 PM

I had the Lasik.
            Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#26 beachbride08

• VIP Member
            • 2,372 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:45 PM

I would love to have this done as well. I have had to wear glasses since 2nd grade! I'm just too chicken to go for the consultation. I know quite a few people that have had it done, and a few have complained about having the dry eyes one still has dry eyes 2 years after having the surgery. I already have dry eyes so that worries me. It would be nice to be able to wake up and be able to see without having to put glasses on or contacts. It is pretty sad that I have to put my glasses on just to see what time it is if I wake up in the middle of the night!

#27 Tara

• 473 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:04 AM

I've been wearing glasses since 2nd grade as well. Well.. actually only until 5th grade. My dad is an optician and got me out of glasses into contacts pretty quickly. He's been pestering me for a while to get my eyes done, but I'm chicken. I have terrible vision (-9.0 right and -8.75 left) so I should be jumping on it, but I haven't yet.

My aunt had hers done a couple years ago and loves it. The other thing is the money.... I hate to spend money on myself. :) It's comforting to hear everyone say that they have no regrets. Maybe it's time to go for that consult.

#28 Janet

• VIP Member
                • 7,459 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:20 AM

I had Lasik, not PRK, but I have had fabulous results. Probably the best money I ever spent, actually. Hubby and parents both had it too. Sorry I can't speak about PRK.

#29 Helen_S81

• 985 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:31 AM

I too had Lasik in 2005 after having worn glasses/contacts for over 20 years. I love it and so do many of my friends who have had it done (at least 10 of us).

I do have one friend whose husband had the PRK and he did have some problems with dry eyes but I'm pretty sure everything is ok now (about 2 years post op). I'm also fairly sure he drove himself to the doctors office for his check up the day after the surgery and then went back to work.

#30 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
                    • 1,634 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:49 AM

I luckily don't wear glasses (yet!) but know a few people who have had it done and they rave about it! so i'd say if you can afford it and thinking about it - go for it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users