Laser Eye Surgery - anyone's experiences?

Alyssa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.B 2008 View Post
it is really safe and you live close to me - you just have to make sure you go to the best people - in our area that is Kremer Laser Eye.

it was instant - i had bettern than perfect vision within 32 seconds and could see every detail on the ceiling immediatley - pretty crazy!!!
Oooh, thanks for that recommendation. I didn't realize you lived nearby. I was wondering what a good place in the area would be. I'll save that info!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxytv View Post
I had it almost 5 years ago now ... went from almost legally blind w/o glasses to 20/15 after the surgery --- and my eyes are still that good.

However, driving at night means more halos for me now ... and if it's raining -- forget about it. I also get eye strain from lots of time in front of the computer (this darn forum isn't helping!!!) ... but other than those small things ... I am ssssooo glad I had it done and can't imagine still wearing contacts/glasses.
I have the same halo thing. I had it done about 2.5 years ago. My vision is still about 5 points off in one eye, so I still wear glasses sometimes. But I also went from almost legally blind to nearly perfect. The halo thing is horrible tho. I naturally have very large pupils. I never noticed it as much until this surgery. It's weird, they get HUGE in fluorescent or low lighting. Now I take Alphagan eye drops as needed but they cost $100 for a small bottle!! I hate it when my pupils get big - not only do I look like I'm on drugs but it's difficult to see and I get the halos. Blehhhhh. I don't think I'd take it back BUT I won't go back to get the surgery again like the doctor wants me to. That surgery TOTALLY wigged me out!!!! lol wacko.gif

Btw, does anyone else have this problem with abnormally large pupils?? The doc said it was really weird, they get enormous but then drop down to pinholes when the light hits 'em... It makes me very self conscious when they get so big.

At least with the drops you can see that my eyes are green and not black! wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlsay View Post
I got my surgery at Kremer over 7 years now. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself. Be patient, You'll be fine.
i know it was awhile ago, but anyone know how much it costs around this area? i've had quotes from $1000 per eye to $2500 per eye....

CARLY - me too, but i think i'm going w/ laser hair removal first so i don't have to worry about THAT on our honeymooon, lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughie View Post
i know it was awhile ago, but anyone know how much it costs around this area? i've had quotes from $1000 per eye to $2500 per eye....

CARLY - me too, but i think i'm going w/ laser hair removal first so i don't have to worry about THAT on our honeymooon, lol...
there are different 'plans' but as a general i would say $3000 to $6000 for both eyes depending on the type of surgery and follow up plan.

I did it about 3 years ago.

BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT!

I had reaaaaaaally bad eyesight...

I had have some light sensitivity - wear sunglasses, halos - eventually went away and dry eyes. I did not know my eyes were dry, but they could see it. I had to use prescription drops, Restasis (I think) and it soon went away. They followed up with me for a little over a year.

I cannot say enough good things about it... changed my life since I had been wearing glasses and contacts since I was about 9.

PRK is just a little longer healing period - allow at least a month (+/-) . . . I work for a group of ophtalmologist doing ophthalmic photography still while I'm getting my photography biz going. If you have any questions about Lasik / PRK - PM me & I'll try to help with whatever questions you may have.

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

So I've been contemplating laser eye surgery for quite awhile but never really had the courage to do it - after all, your vision is a pretty important thing!

I went to the free consultation at our nearby laser treatment centre (recommended to me by various opthomologists and retinal surgeons) and the doc told me I qualified for PRK only, given how poor my near-sightedness is (Left eye -9.0, Right eye -8.5).

I was wondering if any of you have had PRK done and what the healing times were like to get back to normal reading vision. It would be so nice to not have to worry about glasses or contacts while on the beach in Mexico!