Photo

Ipod Dock station

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 DJsbride

DJsbride
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:16 PM

Thanks for the info.. after talking about it with FI, we're just going to give in and throw our money to the hotel and rent their speakers. Blah!

#12 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,151 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:50 PM

we bought the bose portable docking station for our wedding, but i know there are other more affordable docking stations out there that other BDW brides have used that worked out fine.

we stuck with bose because we knew for sure it would be loud enough (we have family who use theirs for outdoor parties all the time). sure, it cost $400 (actually we got ours refurbished from a bose outlet for less), but we saw it as an investment. at dreams cancun, just using their sound system for a few hours would have cost about as much (and a dj even more), without having anything to show for it afterward. this way we spent the money, but we own an awesome system.

#13 jessygrl75

jessygrl75
      • 58 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:04 AM

Thanks for the advise ladies. We are still torn about having a DJ or bringing our own music. it is just sooooooo expensive for the DJ. Buying a good quality speaker is a good idea, because you will use time after time.

#14 MelanieS

MelanieS
        • 820 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:53 AM

My daughter and her DH bought the Bose portable docking station and carryon bag (you'll definitely want this - it makes it so easy to take with you). It worked great - her reception/dance was outside by the beach and we could hear the music loud and clear. (They had recorded several hours of music onto their Ipod beforehand.) Also, they then had the use of it the entire week in their room, which she said they really enjoyed. They just returned from another trip in Hawaii and that was the one "must-have" that they carried on with them.

#15 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:13 PM

yeah we're excited about being able to use it in our room all week as well, and also have gotten the carrying case. i thought $60 for a carrying bag was a bit much, but we saved about that much by getting our docking system refurbished, and from an outlet store. (fyi, the refurbished unit still has the bose warranty.)

seeing another post here reminded me that i swear someone PM'd me about which outlet store we bought our BOSE system. i don't think i ever answered, and now i can't find the message? anyway, hopefully they'll see this: we bought ours at bose in the crossings outlets in tannersville, pa., however, i believe there's a bose store in the tanger outlets in rehoboth, delaware as well (and there's no sales tax in delaware)!

#16 islandbride2009

islandbride2009
            • 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:26 AM

I bought the Bose docking station and it is great!!! I bought three other ones before and I was not happy with the sound quality. The Bose is great. I can't even turn it up all the way (we live in an apartment) so I know it will be loud enough on the beach. Yes it was $400 but totally worth it.

#17 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
              • 583 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:03 PM

If you don't want to pay for a Bose system (which is an awesome brand btw), then go to a store where they can let you test the system. I actually used to work at The Source by Circuit City, and we would test systems all the time for customers, and we had a store brand, Centrios, that made an AWESOME sounding system, we didn't sell Bose, but it was the best sounding system we had in store, it definitely beat out iHome, iSymphony (the smaller sytems, not the full-sized), Plantronics, and Vestalife. Now I will also add, it was the ONLY one made by Centrios that actually sounded good, the others sounded like a tin can. But your best bet is to go to a store where the systems are open and operating and bring your ipod and test it. And ask if you can turn it up Most stores will let you, just make sure to talk to a younger associate, because some of the older ones think there's no need in playing it louder. Plus, systems sound different when they're on low volume vs. high volume :) It can sound "tinny" on low, and "rumbling" on high, or it can sound perfect low, but crackles when turned higher.

#18 BachataBride

BachataBride
                • Banned
                • 9,310 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:47 AM

Thanks for the tip!!!

#19 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
                  • 1,097 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:54 AM

The Tivoli system is great as well and is compatible with Ipod. It is also reputed to be better than the Bose system.

#20 Megan24

Megan24
                    • 271 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:11 PM

Does anyone know of a bose stereo system that you can hook up a mico too??
                      I have searched and searched and can not seem to find what I am looking for. Anyone that knows it would be so helpful!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users