• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 adias.angel

adias.angel
  • 719 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:06 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trophywife
    That sounds so awesome!! Are you Mayan??
    No, we are actually huge history buffs and love the culture. Plus we do not want a religious ceremony. This was just perfect because all of your guests get to be part of the ceremony. They each get to say a special message to you. Everyone who has done says their guests just loved it and it was more meaningful to them than a traditional ceremony.

#12 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
    • 5,649 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:12 AM

My FI and I are not having a bridal party. We thought it would be nice to just let everyone enjoy and watch, rather than have them stand up there. :)

#13 trophywife

trophywife
      • 169 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:17 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by adias.angel
        No, we are actually huge history buffs and love the culture. Plus we do not want a religious ceremony. This was just perfect because all of your guests get to be part of the ceremony. They each get to say a special message to you. Everyone who has done says their guests just loved it and it was more meaningful to them than a traditional ceremony.
        Aww that sounds sweet. How long does this ceremony usually take??

#14 trophywife

trophywife
        • 169 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:18 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009
          My FI and I are not having a bridal party. We thought it would be nice to just let everyone enjoy and watch, rather than have them stand up there. :)

Haha I actually asked my two aunts if they would consider being in the wedding party and they jumped at it, and then quickly changed their minds because they said they just wanted to sit and enjoy the whole wedding. So I think it may be best to have no wedding party after all.

#15 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
          • 5,649 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:23 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by trophywife
            Haha I actually asked my two aunts if they would consider being in the wedding party and they jumped at it, and then quickly changed their minds because they said they just wanted to sit and enjoy the whole wedding. So I think it may be best to have no wedding party after all.
            Hehe, too funny! Yeah, I've been in bridal parties before. It's an honor to do it, truly, but whenever I'm up there, in the back of my mind I always wish I could be sitting and watching with everyone else. :)

#16 bigwuhead

bigwuhead
            • 9 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:31 PM

We haven't asked anyone yet, but have tossed around several ideas. I have 3 friends that I would like to have on my side, however FI doesn't have anyone he is "close" to, but doesn't want to be uneven and has thought maybe he would ask his Brother in law and my brother.

We are also entertaining the idea of not having a party and just honoring my friends with flowers or something to that effect.

#17 jrodsgirl

jrodsgirl
              • 261 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:41 PM

It is just FI and myself. I say do what you want.

#18 mexicobride2009

mexicobride2009
                • 164 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:19 PM

We aren't having a bridal party at all

#19 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
                  • 672 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:37 PM

We are doing just the 2 of us plus his daughter as the FG. She is to walk down the aisle and then sit down so it will just be the two of us at the alter. We are having 30-40 ppl so didn't see the need to have 4-6 people up front.

We were also doing the circle idea, but my photographer mentioined that it does hinder the photos as there are no clean shots of just us, there will alwasy be people behind the shot. just food for thought.

#20 Cattie

Cattie
                    • 594 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:27 PM

We're just having a MOH and BM (if he can ever pick one) I only have 2 female friends that I'm really close to. With the FI, his best friend had to back out of the wedding since his FI had back surgery and she's still out of work. So now he hasn't decided between his 2 cousins. We shall see!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users