Photo

Anyone here not having a bridal party??

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 trophywife

trophywife
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:33 AM

Hi all. Is anyone here not having a bridal party?? No bridesmaid, groomsmen, or flower girl etc?? I'm thinking of not having anyone in my party just because my wedding is sooo small and honestly I'm not THAT close to that many people to be having them all in my bridal party. I may just have ONE for me and ONE for DF. Like one maid of honor no brides maid. And ONE best man, no grooms men.

What do you ladies think??

#2 Banana11

Banana11
    • VIP Member
    • 8,841 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:37 AM

There are 23 in our group including us. Because of that we couldn't pick and choose from our friends so we decided to just have it be us. We do have two of them as witnesses.

#3 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:37 AM

There's been a few girls that didnt have any wedding parties at all. I know there are threads on here for it, you might want to search to see what they did. They didnt have to deal with a lot of the hassles we have with our attendants.

I think 1 for each would be nice. We are just having 2 for each and that's it. I say you should do whatever you want.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#4 Blkatz

Blkatz
        • 1,025 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:38 AM

we aren't having anyone in our bridal party either. We both figured that it would be too hard to pick since everyone going is very close to us. I am having my best friends' kids walk down the aisle because i think it would be super cute though

#5 *Lo*

*Lo*
          • 2,993 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:40 AM

I am doing just that! Not having a bridal party, for witnesses, my best friend of 20 years will be there and my FI's brother...so I guess they are kind of like the best man and MOH. They will probably stand nearish the wedding site with us to hold the rings and sign the papers. But we are not having them wear any special dress or outfit.

I just like to keep things simple and minimize the amount of work that I have to do and I have read about some serious bridesmaid drama on the forum!

#6 adias.angel

adias.angel
            • 719 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:40 AM

We are not have a bridal party either. We are doing a Mayan/cosmic ceremony so everyone will be in a circle around us participating anyway.

#7 trophywife

trophywife
              • 169 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:43 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by gossip girl
                I am doing just that! Not having a bridal party, for witnesses, my best friend of 20 years will be there and my FI's brother...so I guess they are kind of like the best man and MOH. They will probably stand nearish the wedding site with us to hold the rings and sign the papers. But we are not having them wear any special dress or outfit.

I just like to keep things simple and minimize the amount of work that I have to do and I have read about some serious bridesmaid drama on the forum!
                I like this idea!! And aside from all the bridesmaid drama, I think it's also an extra expense to have a bridal party. Just means more gifts. Haha.

#8 trophywife

trophywife
                • 169 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:44 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by adias.angel
                  We are not have a bridal party either. We are doing a Mayan/cosmic ceremony so everyone will be in a circle around us participating anyway.
                  That sounds so awesome!! Are you Mayan??

#9 *Lo*

*Lo*
                  • 2,993 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:55 AM

HAHA it DOES mean more gifts! And then like bridal party activities!!!

I guess I am just not one for tradition...I think the bridal party thing is a tradition, especially if you have been in the bridal party for friends...it is kind of like them returning the favour.

#10 BachataBride

BachataBride
                    • Banned
                    • 9,310 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:58 AM

I am also just having a MOH & FI is having a BM...that's it. It makes it really easy when trying to find a dress...I just told her to pick out one in orange or turquoise!! And she is so great she picked out one in each color & let me choose!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users