March 2009 Brides

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Carriejax

Carriejax
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:42 PM

Hey Ladies:

I am late to the game here! My date is March 6th Dreams Cancun. Wedding invites are going out this week. Dress is ordered and should arrive ~ Feb 11th. I haven't started the OOT bags, or purchased attendant gifts, I've contacted the photographer and the DJ for the wedding but am not going to stress out about the poor correspondence until we get there. Waiting to get a headcount before I start to think about everything, but in retrospect, that might be a poor decision. Does anyone have a copy of a 'welcome letter'?

PS....I'm stalling on the headcount because we could have anywhere from 30-120 people...we invited 150.

Thanks and I'm glad I found this forum!

Carrie

#22 SoonToBeE

SoonToBeE
    • 198 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

Hi Carrie,

Welcome! I think the standard rule of thumb for DW's i that 20-50% of your guests will come, so it will be hard to sort everything out with such a different in numbers!

Can you call people to follow up? For the welcome letter are you looking for something to send to your geusts before the event - or something to provide to the guests when they get to the resort?

#23 jamaica2009bride

jamaica2009bride
      • 123 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:01 PM

Hi ladies..

Our wedding is March 11 at the Riu Ocho Rios. We only have about 25 guests.
        Wow, you all seem much more ready than I am!!! I still have to buy nearly everything for the OOT bags, get my dress altered (its been hanging in my closet since LAST MARCH, and still needs to be taken in a size and have the train removed...) and the guys in the wedding party don't have their clothes. I also don't have music, flowers, hair or shoes, or attendants gifts sorted out, and neither of us have wedding bands or passports...Maybe I should have listed what I DO have done- my dress, and invitations. Oh my.

Carrie- seems like we have our work cut out for us :P

#24 Carriejax

Carriejax
        • 11 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:12 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by SoonToBeE
          Hi Carrie,

Welcome! I think the standard rule of thumb for DW's i that 20-50% of your guests will come, so it will be hard to sort everything out with such a different in numbers!

Can you call people to follow up? For the welcome letter are you looking for something to send to your geusts before the event - or something to provide to the guests when they get to the resort?
          I'm looking for the welcome letter for the OOT bags...I figure I can do this before I have to start ordering stuff. I want to give it another week or so before I start stalking people for the headcount...some of them haven't even got their invites yet (invites went in the mail late on Saturday with a RSVP date of 2/1/09.)

#25 Carriejax

Carriejax
          • 11 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ch2344
            Hi ladies..

Our wedding is March 11 at the Riu Ocho Rios. We only have about 25 guests.
            Wow, you all seem much more ready than I am!!! I still have to buy nearly everything for the OOT bags, get my dress altered (its been hanging in my closet since LAST MARCH, and still needs to be taken in a size and have the train removed...) and the guys in the wedding party don't have their clothes. I also don't have music, flowers, hair or shoes, or attendants gifts sorted out, and neither of us have wedding bands or passports...Maybe I should have listed what I DO have done- my dress, and invitations. Oh my.

Carrie- seems like we have our work cut out for us :P
            Ha ha, Ch2344 - we do have our work cut out for us! Don't know what you are having the guys wear...but I found jimsformalwear.com to be useful for that...the guys need to get their own flip flops though ;-) I'm totally relying on the resort for the music, photograher, flowers, videographer, centerpieces, so I am not sweating those things...although we'll put together a list of the dance music and whatnot. The OOT bags are my big thing as well as actually getting the dress ;-) I am going to have to do alterations too, so I'm hoping I can find someone here that can do it in under 2 weeks. Good times!! good luck with your planning.

#26 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
            • 1,097 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:24 PM

Hi Carrie - fellow wedding twin! At this point I am just going to plug along and get priorities done! Let the WC handle all the other stuff unless there is something very specific that you want.

#27 DanaC

DanaC
              • 17 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:10 PM

We're getting married March 3rd at Excellence Playa Mujeres - we only expect about 20 guests!

#28 SoonToBeE

SoonToBeE
                • 198 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:12 AM

Congrats!

I'm going for my first fitting tomorrow.....it's starting to feel real.

Real Scary! And so excited. I actually got butterflies the other day thinking about marrying my FI.

I still have to finalise the reception details with the resort and then have to finalise all decorations. I'm creating a lot of the paper pieces for the wedding, so lots of design work to do!

#29 tina82

tina82
                  • 184 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:25 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    March 3 at Excellence Playa Mujeres - DanaC
                    March 6, 2009 at the RIU - Montego Bay - YourTruly
                    March 6 at Dreams Cancun - Carriejax atk Carrie
                    March 7 at Riu Palace Tropical Bay Resort - Chellefrz
                    March 7 at the RIU Montego Bay - Trice
                    March 11 at RIU Ocho Rios ch2344
                    March 14 in Mazatlan - Aimless91 aka Amy
                    March 15 at Nuevo Vallarta at Casa Salamandra - clmarti1 aka Cindy
                    March 17 at RIU Ocho Rios - tina 82 aka Christina
                    March 19 at El Dorado Seaside in the MR - SoonToBeE
                    March 20 at The Royal in Playa del Carmen, Mexcio - VeronicaLane
                    March 21 in Vegus - weddingelle
                    March 23 at Sandals Grande Ocho Rios in Jamaica - Tara
                    March 27 at Secrets Capri (PdC, Mexico) - DallasAshli aka Ashli
                    Christina

#30 DallasAshli

DallasAshli
                    • 451 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:36 PM

Question - do any of you have a final head count? Several of our guests are still iffy. For those that dont have a final head count...what are you doing about ordering OOT bags and goodies? I have about 8 people that are "maybe"s. Do I order a bag for them or not? Should I play the odds and get 4 - thinking half will come, half wont?

I want to get the OOT bags done by the end of February which means I need to to order by the end of January. Any thoughts? thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users