Jump to content

Photo

Any 2011 brides?!!


  • Please log in to reply
559 replies to this topic

#381 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
  • Sr. Member
  • 2,233 posts

    Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:21 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by soontobemrsdow
    I have no idea how some have you have booked your flights already for january/feb. I've been given the run around for months now from several TA's saying the info isn't out yet you can't book. The one place we wanted came back with a quote of over $2000pp which is totally out of our range so I've literally done nothing and seeing everything you girls have done (booked rooms, bought dresses etc) is really starting to freak me out thinking I'm never going to get anything done. I just ordered our STD's with a vauge jan 2011 more info to follow but really am wondering how you girls got your quotes already? Are you booking at these high prices and hoping they will drop and you'll get a price adjustment? I'm dying to get this part of the wedding planning over with cuz it's like a huge weight, everyones constantly asking us if we know where and when and why not and its really starting to stress me out so if you guys could let me know how your going about booking your flights/packages already that would be so helpful!!

    You can always get an estimate and it will be high. But in all honesty alot of the summer flight schedules don't even come out until after Christmas with some closer to march. I am not planning on booking my package until January, I may start getting group quotes november but really have no intention till booking about 6 months in advance.

    Can you at least book your wedding date and time with the resort. I was able to a couples, all I had to do was pay the licensing fee which was about 200.00 USD. and that confirmed my date and time. I am not sending out my STD until this fall. I work from home and get bored lol so I have been doing some stuff thru vista print, which usually starts out by playing then the next thing I know I have ordered it lol.

    You still have lots of time and don't need to be freaken out yet!
    July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

    #382 sunstarsmoon

    sunstarsmoon
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,233 posts

      Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

      JUst realized you are getting married Jan or Feb, I would start looking into flights etc about 6 months in advance. So June or July the longer you wait you can get some good deals. Find a TA that will keep a look out for you.
      July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

      #383 soontobemrsdow

      soontobemrsdow
      • Jr. Member
      • 250 posts

        Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:46 PM

        hey sunstarsmoon thanks for the reassurance! i know in my head there is a lot of time left but just seeing how much some other people have done gets me a little worried.

        About booking the date with the resort yes I can but at the same time I don't really want to incase I can find a better deal somewhere else. I guess my main problem is I'm not too picky about where we go but finding a good resort at a good price for my guests is what I'm most concerned about so to lock in on a place thats giving me a quote of $2000 which I know will go down makes me nervous it wont go down enough.

        I guess it's kind of a double edge sword...book a resort now for the wedding date and hope the price goes down or wait to book a resort until later and hope there is still a free wedding date left. lol...such is life i guess.

        #384 karielk

        karielk
        • Jr. Member
        • 177 posts

          Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:44 PM

          Just wanted to say hi! November 2011 here! We're looking at Riviera Maya or Cancun.

          When my fiance proposed in February, I figured we'd get married Spring 2011. But once we decided on destination, we knew we wanted a colder time of year. And since we're having *both* a rabbi and a priest, we needed time to get all our ducks in a row.

          Anyhow, it feels super far away now, but we're going to try to get the resort chosen soon so we can take a load off for awhile. =)

          #385 sunstarsmoon

          sunstarsmoon
          • Sr. Member
          • 2,233 posts

            Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:22 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by karielk
            Just wanted to say hi! November 2011 here! We're looking at Riviera Maya or Cancun.

            When my fiance proposed in February, I figured we'd get married Spring 2011. But once we decided on destination, we knew we wanted a colder time of year. And since we're having *both* a rabbi and a priest, we needed time to get all our ducks in a row.

            Anyhow, it feels super far away now, but we're going to try to get the resort chosen soon so we can take a load off for awhile. =)
            Welcome and before you know it your date will be here! Time does seem to fly by fast when you are planning
            July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

            #386 Shuzzy

            Shuzzy
            • Newbie
            • 29 posts

              Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:43 AM

              Anyone else having trouble with their TA not getting back to them? I asked for them to find me rates a while back (couple weeks)and haven't received an email back. How long do they usually take to get back to you on average? Am I being worried for no reason?

              #387 sunstarsmoon

              sunstarsmoon
              • Sr. Member
              • 2,233 posts

                Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:23 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Shuzzy
                Anyone else having trouble with their TA not getting back to them? I asked for them to find me rates a while back (couple weeks)and haven't received an email back. How long do they usually take to get back to you on average? Am I being worried for no reason?
                Usually it takes the tour operator anywhere from 24-72 hours to get back to the TA with the group rates. If you are not doing a group rate all it takes is a click of the mouse or a phone call from the TA to the tour operator.

                Regardless the TA should of gotten back to you even if its just a email to let you know they are still working on rates.
                July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

                #388 missgomes

                missgomes
                • Jr. Member
                • 296 posts

                  Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:48 AM

                  Hey Ladies... So I officially booked at GPJ for May 28 2011. I have sent out my STD's along with a letter. Deposits for our stay and the ceremony have been paid. I don't know how many guests have contacted my TA yet. I'm so excited. I started two folders (one at home and one at work) where I put all my ideas. Anyone else getting married at GPJ?

                  #389 vlynnw

                  vlynnw
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 6,003 posts

                    Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:30 AM

                    Hey girls, I just started a thread for us May 2011 brides since we have a few of us now!

                    http://bestdestinati....-brides-57904/
                    Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

                    #390 DiamondGirl

                    DiamondGirl
                    • Member
                    • 710 posts

                      Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:51 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by soontobemrsdow
                      hey sunstarsmoon thanks for the reassurance! i know in my head there is a lot of time left but just seeing how much some other people have done gets me a little worried.

                      About booking the date with the resort yes I can but at the same time I don't really want to incase I can find a better deal somewhere else. I guess my main problem is I'm not too picky about where we go but finding a good resort at a good price for my guests is what I'm most concerned about so to lock in on a place thats giving me a quote of $2000 which I know will go down makes me nervous it wont go down enough.

                      I guess it's kind of a double edge sword...book a resort now for the wedding date and hope the price goes down or wait to book a resort until later and hope there is still a free wedding date left. lol...such is life i guess.
                      FYI: You can reserve your date w/down payment & most resorts let you cancel as long as it's 45 days or more before the date. You should look into it. It's great that you're a risk taker but with weddings, I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'm just saying... Good Luck with your planning! :)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users