Photo

Any 2011 brides?!!

• Please log in to reply
559 replies to this topic

#281 mbarnes04

mbarnes04
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:33 PM

What are you guys budgeting for your DW?! I haven't started pricing stuff out yet but I am wondering what to expect... and, how much Ramen Noodles I'm going to have to eat all year :)

#282 debbmach

debbmach
    • 1,457 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:45 PM

I'm planning to pay $6000 - $8000, all depends on the 'extras' I end up getting.
      http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#283 mbarnes04

mbarnes04
      • 194 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:51 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ashley1316
        I have also bought my dress :) Actually bought back in Aug. Just waiting for it to come in now. I purchased Maggie Sattero RD1044
        Soooo excited!
        That dress is gorgeous!!!

#284 RaychelRae

RaychelRae
        • 446 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:26 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by mbarnes04
          What are you guys budgeting for your DW?! I haven't started pricing stuff out yet but I am wondering what to expect... and, how much Ramen Noodles I'm going to have to eat all year :)
          It really depends on where you stay, what perks you're able to get, how many people are attending, etc. At first I was thinking that just the wedding (church, wedding planner, flowers, invitations, at-home reception, etc) was looking to be about $10,000, not including flights or hotels. That was also me looking at having our rooms, reception and rehearsal dinner at The Royal.

Then I found out that Playacar Palace was having a promotional deal in which we get free unlimited private functions (rehearsal dinner, reception, etc.) and 7 nights free for the bride and groom if you book so many rooms. Plus it's closer to our church that the Royal so we could cut out vans shuttling people to and from the wedding.

Because of this it's looking more like $8,000 for just wedding stuff, not including flights, and with a guest list of 75-80 people. So taking into account extra spending money, flights, and EVERYTHING I'm thinking we can pull off a $10,000 budget.

#285 ronsoliman

ronsoliman
          • 233 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:39 PM

Have fun in Hawaii...we will be in Maui this August shooting a wedding. We are so excited and there's just so much areas there to do some spectacular shoot. We found this area in Maui that has a cave where we can do a "trash the dress". make sure you guys do that too, it will be fun!

#286 Tifuhhknee

Tifuhhknee
            • 631 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:04 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by RaychelRae
              Tifuhhknee, we've contracted Ivan Luckie as our photographer. We also have Ajua Planners as our WC and Playacar Palace as our resort. So if anyone else has any previous experience with any of these vendors, or wants any info that we come across so far, let me know!
              I love Ivan's work! Also, Sascha Gluck. BUT I really want pics before we leave Mexico because our AHR is a week and a half after, so I think I want to book Octavio Montes for about 2 or 3 hours. My photographer sister will be there and she can do the fashiony cool portrait stuff for us later on in the trip. But congrats for having so much done!! Half of my save the dates came in. Ordered 200 on vistaprint and spend $13... just for shipping. No other costs :o)
              Destination Wedding: April 21, 2011
              At Home Reception: May 7, 2011
              25 guests + bride + groom booked

My Wedding Planning Notes

#287 RaychelRae

RaychelRae
              • 446 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:44 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Tifuhhknee
                I love Ivan's work! Also, Sascha Gluck. BUT I really want pics before we leave Mexico because our AHR is a week and a half after, so I think I want to book Octavio Montes for about 2 or 3 hours. My photographer sister will be there and she can do the fashiony cool portrait stuff for us later on in the trip. But congrats for having so much done!! Half of my save the dates came in. Ordered 200 on vistaprint and spend $13... just for shipping. No other costs :o)
                That is something I thought of too. We would be having our at home reception sometime within the next month after our wedding which means we probably wouldn't have our photos back yet. And with Ivan's work I would love to have some of them on display for the reception. I might be able to sweet talk him into getting me just a couple of them early to display. So you are lucky to have that connection to someone who can do your "fashiony" photos for you! Your whole trip will be one big photo shoot! :)

Isn't that great about Vista or 123 Print?! We did both sides of ours with color, so they didn't fall under the free+shipping category, but they are still pretty darn cheap (like $25 including shipping for 100). I would love to see yours sometime!

#288 Tifuhhknee

Tifuhhknee
                • 631 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:32 PM

Here is the front of ours. The back just has info with dates and locations, then the website.

Click the image to open in full size.

I have my work cut out for me now, I have to get my address list together! All of my people will be easy, but FI's people to invite... I have to squeeze some addresses out of future MIL.
                  Destination Wedding: April 21, 2011
                  At Home Reception: May 7, 2011
                  25 guests + bride + groom booked

My Wedding Planning Notes

#289 Crystal1880

Crystal1880
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 135 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:13 AM

I am budgeting around $5,000 for the wedding not including travel. I am hoping to stick pretty close to that.

#290 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
                    • 710 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:49 AM

Hello all!! 2011 bride here! I'm looking to get married 10/8/2011 either in Tulum or riviera Maya mexico. I'm undecided on which resort because they're all so beautiful and it makes it hard to choose. This forum definitely has alot of information and although I've read great reviews about all of the resorts I'm looking into, It's still difficult to choose!! Either way, based on what I've read here, which ever resort I go with I'm sure it will be great. Congrats to all & Happy planning!! :)

Sheila

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users