Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
trophywife

Any 2011 brides?!!

Recommended Posts

(Sorry for those of you who will have seen this on other threads)

 

Ok ladies, So my fans came yesterday from the lovely Kerry :-) (thanks again)

Not sure what to do yet with them decoration wise but here are a few pix, will see if i can come up with something else if the response isnt great from you lot.... I did this quickly before without much thought so honest opinions please....

 

 

Before

 

Click the image to open in full size.

 

With 2 extra bows up the spine of the fan

 

Click the image to open in full size.

 

 

Or without the bows

 

 

Click the image to open in full size.

 

 

Here is a close up of the handle

 

Click the image to open in full size.

 

 

 

OK, what do you think? xox

 

Just to add.. These will jut be for the women....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry hogging the thread abit lately... Just ordered this of ebay

 

BLUE RIBBON WHITE LACE GARTER HEART WEDDING BRIDE HEN on eBay (end time 08-Aug-10 12:09:21 BST)

 

£1.74 ($2.60 ish) inc postage... Bargain :-)

 

& Thanks to another BDW bride to be "Louise" I have ordered & pick up these tomorrow

 

Neckless £8.75 (in the sale) roughly $13 ish

 

Click the image to open in full size.

 

Earrings £7.20 (again in the sale ) roughly $10 ish

 

Click the image to open in full size.

 

x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies! I'm also a 2011 bride. I've been on BDW for a while, but just came across this thread! We are getting married June 14, 2011 - the 14th is a lucky day in my fiance's family and it's my Papa's birthday - so it holds some special meanings for us :)

 

So far...I've done our monogram (see below :)), started playing with templates from other brides and making them my own (chapstick lables, playing card labels, pre-wedding newsletter), we've put a deposit down on our hotel, chosen flowers and cake flavor, put a deposit on a STD (I'm lagging on this one and need to get them out ASAP), and...I think that's it. Seems like more than I thought, but still have a lot to do and know time will fly by!

 

Question - Is everyone doing a STD and invitation? I was thinking of sending a "tentative" or informal RSVP with the STD and then either skipping invitations and sending out newsletters to keep guests informed or just sending invitations to the people I know are interested. Seems silly to spend $ on invitations to people I know aren't coming.

 

Happy planning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinbrooke124 View Post
Hi ladies! I'm also a 2011 bride. I've been on BDW for a while, but just came across this thread! We are getting married June 14, 2011 - the 14th is a lucky day in my fiance's family and it's my Papa's birthday - so it holds some special meanings for us :)

So far...I've done our monogram (see below :)), started playing with templates from other brides and making them my own (chapstick lables, playing card labels, pre-wedding newsletter), we've put a deposit down on our hotel, chosen flowers and cake flavor, put a deposit on a STD (I'm lagging on this one and need to get them out ASAP), and...I think that's it. Seems like more than I thought, but still have a lot to do and know time will fly by!

Question - Is everyone doing a STD and invitation? I was thinking of sending a "tentative" or informal RSVP with the STD and then either skipping invitations and sending out newsletters to keep guests informed or just sending invitations to the people I know are interested. Seems silly to spend $ on invitations to people I know aren't coming.

Happy planning!

Welcome!! My wedding date is exactly one month before yours!!! I am sending STD and invitations. But the invitations i'm doing my self so am saving a lot more than i would if i were to have had them made. I know more than half wont be coming but it's not because they don't want to but because they can't afford too. So i want them to get a pretty invite still. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To erinbrooke124

 

We are just sending out STD's with an R.S.V.P. to our wedding website . . .the way I see it the whole purpose of a DW is to save $$ and almost everyone has an email address nowadays!

 

I am also a 2011 bride :) Getting married in October at MLD!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinbrooke124 View Post
Hi ladies! I'm also a 2011 bride. I've been on BDW for a while, but just came across this thread! We are getting married June 14, 2011 - the 14th is a lucky day in my fiance's family and it's my Papa's birthday - so it holds some special meanings for us :)

So far...I've done our monogram (see below :)), started playing with templates from other brides and making them my own (chapstick lables, playing card labels, pre-wedding newsletter), we've put a deposit down on our hotel, chosen flowers and cake flavor, put a deposit on a STD (I'm lagging on this one and need to get them out ASAP), and...I think that's it. Seems like more than I thought, but still have a lot to do and know time will fly by!

Question - Is everyone doing a STD and invitation? I was thinking of sending a "tentative" or informal RSVP with the STD and then either skipping invitations and sending out newsletters to keep guests informed or just sending invitations to the people I know are interested. Seems silly to spend $ on invitations to people I know aren't coming.

Happy planning!
We sent out STD magnets, I think it was about $140 for 100 thru Vistaprint. And our invites were about the same. FI and I are fairly laid back, and I wasn't too worried about having a fancy invite (ie bows, monogram, etc.). But we did feel we should send offical invites out. We also included travel info/prices and our TA information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentine_Baby View Post
To erinbrooke124

We are just sending out STD's with an R.S.V.P. to our wedding website . . .the way I see it the whole purpose of a DW is to save $$ and almost everyone has an email address nowadays!

I am also a 2011 bride :) Getting married in October at MLD!
We are doing the RSVP via our website as well. Although funny enough we have had a number of guests book their trip and RSVP yet. Thank goodness we stay in touch with our TA and she keeps us up to date as to numbers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentine_Baby View Post
To erinbrooke124

We are just sending out STD's with an R.S.V.P. to our wedding website . . .the way I see it the whole purpose of a DW is to save $$ and almost everyone has an email address nowadays!

I am also a 2011 bride :) Getting married in October at MLD!
This is what I was thinking too. But, I did start playing with some DIY boarding pass invite templates yesterday. If I can do them cheap enough, I may send them out... who knows? I gotta start by getting my STD's out :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolita29 View Post
Welcome!! My wedding date is exactly one month before yours!!! I am sending STD and invitations. But the invitations i'm doing my self so am saving a lot more than i would if i were to have had them made. I know more than half wont be coming but it's not because they don't want to but because they can't afford too. So i want them to get a pretty invite still. :)
Good point. I started playing with a DIY invitation yesterday. What are you doing for yours??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×