Any 2011 brides?!!

trophywife

YAY - i got my dress on sunday... the sale was pretty bad but found it in some little store that selll soo many dresses... the least expected lol (theres alwaya a hidden gem) so i loved how it looked and bought it! I also received by cake topper I love it soo adorable. We called the resort we want to go too (Grand Sunset Princess) and its $200 to reserve the date. I found the bridesmaids dresses aswell but that I will wait closer to september/october. Have you ladies picked out your colours/themes? WOW how exciting.

Have a lovely day and an awesome weekend.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WE are planning to get married in March 2011 and the only thing I've done is join this site last week and my fiance is designing out STD cards. He's a graphic designer so he'll be doing all the invites, cards, etc. I've also been working on my address list to send out the cards. I hope to have them out by March.

I hate the waiting to and want to start planning. When can you get pricing for the resorts for 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy Canada View Post
Your are one smart crazy bride, lol! I am hoping to email Dreams Puerta Vallarta in the next few months to ensure I can reserve my date, the WC said in May for April 2011, not too far away, but I want to know in the next month or so.....Aventuras looks super nice, if I knew more about the place I would consider booking but having been to PV before figured it might be easier.
Funny, I've heard GREAT things from a friend of mine who was married at Dreams PV... but I've been to PA (stayed at the Catalonia next door twice) so leaned that direction. If I go again after getting married, maybe I'll balls up and head to the Pacific side of Mexico.

We are getting married January 11, 2011...I'm sending out my save the dates/invites this week. I just sent my deposit today....and I'm hoping the room and package prices come out ASAP so I can start pushing people to book!

I'm going in a few weeks to start trying on dresses...I'm going to wait a few months for the bridesmaid dresses...but undecided on colors!

My TA says 10-12 months ahead RESORT prices come out, then 8-10 months ahead for FLIGHTS.

As far as colors go, I think we're pretty set on a Marine/Electric/Royal type blue. Something on the darker but still bright side. And also a Lime/Kelley green (again bright!). IDK what I'll do for flowers, probably green orchids w/white lillies and bright blue ribbon. That can all be determined later. I am HOPING to find cute blue dresses, get the girls (2-4 serving) lime parasols. Just realized I have to buy a veil for my AHR at least for the "money dance" cuz I don't want to get poked by pins and my dress is pretty fitted. But they are about $13 with free shipping all over eBay if anyone else is looking.

Yea I've been looking at light green. I also like light purple with light green. I actually made it the colors in my bathroom because I like to two colors together so much!! But not sure how they'd go for the wedding...guess once i bring the bridesmaids to try them on I'll get a better idea too.

hi ladies!

i have been on this site for a couple of months, and have finally decided on a resort! we will be getting married at the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana! we don't have a firm date, as i have just emailed the wedding coordinator today...but we want late january 2011.

we have decided on our colours too - fuschia and orange!

our photographer will be a very talented friend of mine who we are flying down with us.

we are on a super tight budget, but are feeling good about things :)

hurray!

Hi!

Add me as another 2011 bride! We are getting married on May 7th, 2011 at the Royal Playa del Carmen. I am so excited. I have started looking at dresses, which is so much fun. As for colors, I have always thought red but that doesn't seem very tropical. I do not want to do anything too bright like orange or fuschia. Any suggestions?

Also, what are you girls planning for receptions? I want to keep it simple! I am thinking a nice reception dinner, then just going for drinks at the resort and/or going out afterwards. I would love to hear your thoughts and plans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy130 View Post
Hi!

Add me as another 2011 bride! We are getting married on May 7th, 2011 at the Royal Playa del Carmen. I am so excited. I have started looking at dresses, which is so much fun. As for colors, I have always thought red but that doesn't seem very tropical. I do not want to do anything too bright like orange or fuschia. Any suggestions?

Also, what are you girls planning for receptions? I want to keep it simple! I am thinking a nice reception dinner, then just going for drinks at the resort and/or going out afterwards. I would love to hear your thoughts and plans!
As for colors, if you want something on the darker side, what do you think about a dark green or a navy? My AHR is on the day of your wedding :o) As far as at the resort, we aren't having a formal reception. Probably just go to one of the restaurants either on the resort or walk to one in the community... maybe hang out at the pool. We want to keep it casual since we are having the AHR later.

Someone I personally know raves about the resort you've chosen! She went on a trip with a boyfriend and when they were married, he told her to choose anywhere in the world to go and she wanted to go back there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy130 View Post
Hi!

our reception is going to be pretty lax. we are having a semi-private dinner, and then moving the gang to one of the bar areas that we are renting out for a little cake and dancing. having a first dance with my FI (husband) and my dad is important to me!

so we will party it up there for a couple of hours, and then all the young gang will head to the disco!

as for a darker colour, how about a nice leafy olive green? that was my colour choice before we decided to do a DW. it can be really pretty!