Any 2011 brides?!!

trophywife

I have spoken with a travel agent. I am working with a lady from Destination Weddings.com. I am able to reserve my date at ROR sometime this month, but cannot do anything with travel until June. I have already signed a contract for my flowers and I have my dress. I bought that when we were originally getting married 2010. The next thing I guess is to start thinking about my STD's..

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and I thought I was the only one!!!! Hello 2011 Brides! well as for me, I'm just looking at everything at the same time, I have started a book with dividers and have all my ideas in it. It's hard because we can't really get anything started....

We don't even have a destination yet....one week it's DR, another week it's Mexico then another week it's Cuba....so confused and so many many choices.

BUT VERY EXCITED!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley1316 View Post
for photographers ladies, are any of u using resort ones or did you out source? and if so how much are u paying? i am a little concerned.
Haven't gotten into that yet but I want to contant Moments that Matter to get a quote. I am a bit concerned myself, but if they are affordable, I can start putting money aside for the photographer now. My sister is a photographer, but if she does get to come to Mexico for my wedding, I don't want to have her take the pics b/c its supposed to be Vacation! If I get some price quotes from anyone I'll be sure to share. :o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlynnw View Post
Hi ladies! I'm a 2011 bride, May 6, 2011 to be exact in the Riviera Maya. We're now thinking Dreams Tulum for our locations. We literally don't have time to get married in 2010 because I don't have any breaks from school (i'm working on my master's) and we're taking 2 weeks to go to Thailand for my best friends wedding, so there goes Fi's 2 week vacation! I figure having it in 2011 gives me plenty of time and this way I can have it all planned 6 months before so I can study and get my license and start my practice without worrying about wedding details, that's the plan anyway. I've booked my photographer, had the wedding colors picked and flowers way before we were engaged. I'm also doing passport STD's and boarding pass invites. We originally were planning on 20-25 now we're looking closer to 60 guests!! I'm planning on sending my STD's out in April and my invites in September with an RSVP date on November 1, 2010.

Ok that was a little more lengthy than I thought it would be. Glad to see this thread I didn't think there were others planning this far out!

LMAO!!! OMG you sound like me!!! All my friends and future FI think I'm crazy because I have started planning location, what photographer I want, color scheme...etc before we are engaged!....lol I mean I know I'm going to be engaged by this year and I just feel like when you are planning destination wedings it takes sooo much longer to plan! I know we want to be married on a Saturday in early 2011 but are not sure of the exact month. We are looking at Dreams Cancun (fell in love with the pictures of the gazebo). We are going to Cancun from 11/25-30 this year and have already booked site visits at Dreams Cancun, Dreams Riviera Cancun and Moon Palace...jeez I sound crazy!lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by yencie View Post
LMAO!!! OMG you sound like me!!! All my friends and future FI think I'm crazy because I have started planning location, what photographer I want, color scheme...etc before we are engaged!....lol I mean I know I'm going to be engaged by this year and I just feel like when you are planning destination wedings it takes sooo much longer to plan! I know we want to be married on a Saturday in early 2011 but are not sure of the exact month. We are looking at Dreams Cancun (fell in love with the pictures of the gazebo). We are going to Cancun from 11/25-30 this year and have already booked site visits at Dreams Cancun, Dreams Riviera Cancun and Moon Palace...jeez I sound crazy!lol
LOL - you dont sound crazy! Im in the same boat as you. We have his wedding band already, but no engagement ring for me yet. I think I will have it by the end of this year...early next year at the latest. I have all of my OOT bags abd contents, pamphlets, and favours done already! Im a big planner as it is so I have started really early...lol. Next Im onto my welcome books which will take me a really long time as I have to make up about 15 of them all by hand.
We are planning on the first week in Jan 2011 as it will be cheaper for our guests at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort. I so wanted Dreams but it was out of our budget and I couldnt ask my guests to pay that. I wish! Im going to live vicariously through you now if you go there. Oh and btw, I stayed at the Moon Palace in 2006 and saw a ton of weddings. It is a beautiful resort and the staff are AMAZING! If you do end up picking there, you wont be disappointed. Its fabulous and huge. Plus you can play at all of their resorts while you stay there.
Good luck, cant wait to hear which resort you picked!

Hello 2011 Brides!!!! I can't believe I just now stumbled across this thread...I too was starting to think I was the only crazy one out there!

Our date is June 10th, 2011 in Los Cabos, Mexico. We took our first planning trip there at the end of September and did our tasting at our venue. Our ceremony and reception will be held at Cabo del Sol golf club. We also met with our photographer while we were there.

Since I'm a huge bargain hunter, we're still in negotiations with Cabo del Sol...so once that's locked in, we'll officially book the photographer and then move on to flowers. So much to do!!!

We met with Ginger from Beyond Design earlier this week and she has been a dream come true for us! She will be doing all our stationary and she is fabulous! We too are getting an early start on our Save the Dates. I feel like it goes against all rules of etiquette, but ours will be out in the middle of January - 1.5 years in advance. I have friends in Law school, Med School, Grad school, and Nursing School...so I want to be sure to give them plenty of time to be aware of what they need to be saving! We're doing passport save the dates so they will be full of information on how much to save.

Other than that I have my beach bags for my OOTs (Eddie Bauer SALE) and some of the OOT bag fillers. I love that we have so much time to hunt for awesome deals on this kind of stuff!

Happy Planning!

Wow, I'm so impressed with how much some of you have done! Yikes, makes me feel like I'm slacking. I've just been gathering as much info as I can right now. I went out dress shopping for the 1st time and started to get a better feel for what I'm looking for. I'm hoping to have a place picked by Jan 2010 so I can get my reservations in. Save the Dates will go out shortly after that :) (hopefully!)

ok, so i have been on this forum for hours at a time (yep no life it seems lol) and alot of girls are doing this "real touch" flowers. i honestly was shocked at this. One of the major reasons i decided to have a DW is because of the ease in things. Such as flowers. I cant see the flowers being that bad down in the tropics. but i could be wrong.

some things i did learn on here is about doing ur own centre peices. i think thats a great idea. i never thought of. So right now i have been just gathering ideas for that. i am trying to think of something different. step away from the sand and sea shells. but i dunno yet. anyways, i love this thread!