Any 2011 brides?!!

trophywife

To speedy130: I am heading to royal playa del carmen in 5 weeks for vacation, CAN'T WAIT!

to Cassie: you are getting married on the day of my birthday, yay!!

And to all the other brides.. I am a backwards bride as well.. no engagement ring yet (but we've gone shopping) and here I am planning and reading away on this forum and elsewhere. I feel crazy but know it will pay off when he finally does pop the question. I'm aiming for a June 2011 wedding in Mexico somewhere.. probably riviera maya area.

We're probably going to do the ceremony before leaving to avoid the costs and time needed for paperword, blood tests, etc.. crazy if you ask me!! Like others have said.. the only thing that matters to me is when I walk down the aisle with family and friends around!

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will be doing our AHR one month after we return home. We will most likely rent a hall and have a sit down dinner, about 150 guests. I want to do our first dance, and my father and mines first dance. I'm up in the air about wearing my dress again to the AHR. I do want to me in my dress for pictures for our first dance and all....I could wear it and change after an hour or two...what's everyones take on this?

The other problem is that the AHR will be in February so I can't really wear a white sun dress....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsYak View Post
I want to do our first dance, and my father and mines first dance. I'm up in the air about wearing my dress again to the AHR. I do want to me in my dress for pictures for our first dance and all....I could wear it and change after an hour or two...what's everyones take on this?
This is pretty much how we plan to do things. I'll wear my dress again at the AHR for the cake, dances, pics... and everyone that couldn't make it to the actual wedding will see me in the dress. Then I plan to change into some other sort of white dress, whatever I end up finding. :o) Love that us 2011 brides have to much time right now to find everything. Especially with these off seasons that we can shop in.

Calling all February 2011 or Majestic Colonial brides! Actually can anyone help?

I want to get married (the man does to!) at the Majestic Colonial in feb 2011. I have read pages 1-16 on this thread but just can't continue so I may be asking the same question.

I understand that you can book your wedding before you reserve the hotel or flights. How do you have any idea when you will arrive in at your destination. I would like to say I'll get married on a Tuesday but the last direct flights from Thunder Bay were on a Thursday and that would be my last night there. I won't find out until May or June if my city will fly direct to Punta Cana, otherwise my guests have to pay another $500 just to get to Toronto.

How do I send save the dates, book a wedding at the resort so late in the year and not miss out on the day and time?

Thanks for your help. Sitting here patiently waiting for your answers.

Hmm.. I am getting married on a Thursday and just figured we will fly in on the Monday or Tuesday before. I live in a smaller city with no direct flights into Cancun, so it's either people fork out the $150-200 to fly from here to Houston OR drive the 3.5 hours to Houston and fly directly from there. There are flights every day back and forth that way, so I do not have this issue. That would be a good question for a travel agent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YIweddings View Post
Calling all February 2011 or Majestic Colonial brides! Actually can anyone help?

I want to get married (the man does to!) at the Majestic Colonial in feb 2011. I have read pages 1-16 on this thread but just can't continue so I may be asking the same question.

I understand that you can book your wedding before you reserve the hotel or flights. How do you have any idea when you will arrive in at your destination. I would like to say I'll get married on a Tuesday but the last direct flights from Thunder Bay were on a Thursday and that would be my last night there. I won't find out until May or June if my city will fly direct to Punta Cana, otherwise my guests have to pay another $500 just to get to Toronto.
How do I send save the dates, book a wedding at the resort so late in the year and not miss out on the day and time?

Thanks for your help. Sitting here patiently waiting for your answers.

I first would see how many days ahead of time you need to be at the resort, if you are thinking of doing a legal ceremony. We set our date, and sent out the save the dates/invites yesterday. I'm planning on getting married on a Tuesday, we plan to get to the resort on a Friday and start Friday to Friday. I guess I just assumed there would be flights. Luckily we live near an international airport so we shouldn't have a problem, but our guests are kind of scattered all over. We sent our deposit to hold the date, and just hope everything falls into place once the 2011 prices come out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsYak View Post
I first would see how many days ahead of time you need to be at the resort, if you are thinking of doing a legal ceremony. We set our date, and sent out the save the dates/invites yesterday. I'm planning on getting married on a Tuesday, we plan to get to the resort on a Friday and start Friday to Friday. I guess I just assumed there would be flights. Luckily we live near an international airport so we shouldn't have a problem, but our guests are kind of scattered all over. We sent our deposit to hold the date, and just hope everything falls into place once the 2011 prices come out...
Thanks for the response.
Living near an international airport is ideal. We will only have flights one day a week and Punta Cana may not be the direct choice the vacation companies provide. 5 years ago it was Cuba. It's so expensive to get to Toronto to.

If I Need to be there for two days before we get married, does Saturday or Sunday count? I think we might do the non-legal ceremony (get married at home first), does that make a difference? SO many questions so little patience! I'm so excited to finally get to plan my own wedding. I have a wedding planning business but this is nothing like a hometown party.

Quote:
Thanks for the response.
Living near an international airport is ideal. We will only have flights one day a week and Punta Cana may not be the direct choice the vacation companies provide. 5 years ago it was Cuba. It's so expensive to get to Toronto to.

If I Need to be there for two days before we get married, does Saturday or Sunday count? I think we might do the non-legal ceremony (get married at home first), does that make a difference? SO many questions so little patience! I'm so excited to finally get to plan my own wedding. I have a wedding planning business but this is nothing like a hometown party.
I found these websites that have info on the DR and wedding requirements
Dominican Republic Marriage Requirements - Dominican Republic Weddings
WEDO .:: dominican weddings legal requirements
Legal Options For Marriage in the Dominican Republic - U.S. Embassy in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Maybe that can put it into perspective. If you work with a TA, they will absolutely be able to answer all of these questions for you. If the TA doesn't know... I'd book through someone else because this is the stuff they can easily know or find out to help you. There are likely posts in the Dominican thread that can answer these questions for you also. Have you tried a search on this forum?

Quote:
Thanks for the response.

hiya, i am a travel agent, so i might be able to help a little bit.

first off, with the dominican, you don't have to be legally be there in advance of your wedding day, you could technically hop off the plane and get hitched. however, for us, it is ideal to have a couple days to get settled and meet with the WC, etc etc.

i am getting married jan 2011, and just reserved my date with the WC...but i honestly do not know what day i will be arriving in PC. many of the tour operators (like sunquest or signature, etc) fly on fri/sat/sun....so i booked my wedding for mid week, based on that.

because it is a little too early to know for sure what days these charters will fly, i am open to changing dates if need be (and i hope something will be available around that time). your other option, is to use a regular scheduled airline (like air canada), and check out what their schedules tend to be - if they tend to fly everyday or not, and go by that.

i think you should know before May/June which charters will be flying out of T-Bay...that sounds pretty late to me.

i hope this has a helped a little!