Photo

YAY! We finally decided on a loc for our DW!!!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GracieBebe

GracieBebe
  • 354 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:02 PM

We decided to do France! We figured it's a great jumping off point to see other areas of Europe which we plan to do during our honeymoon. We want to get a chateau 1-2 hours outside of Paris that will be large enough to have all our guests stay in one location for the week so our guests don't have to worry about accomodation costs. Also, that way, we can have the wedding at the chateau or nearby chapel and if people want to go sightseeing into Paris, it's not too far away, and if they want to tour other areas of France, they can.

Now, I have one question. We plan to have our wedding in early Sept 2009. Would it be unreasonable to ask our guests for a definite yes/no if they can make it even though it's a full year in advance? We plan to send formal invites and STDs out of course at a later date, but the headcount will determine what size chateau we rent since we figure we have to book location pretty far in advance. TIA!

- Grace
    Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
    Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
    Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
    Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

#2 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
    • 512 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:07 PM

Wow that's incredible!!! And what an awesome location choice!!!!!

I don't think it's unreasonable at all ... I asked my guests nearly 10 months in advance ... before I sent out the invite ... just get a general headcount and make yourself a 2-5 person cushion either way when booking (people always drop out ... or possibly more want to come last minute).

I can't wait to hear about your planning and your final chateau choice ... it's going to be a gorgeous wedding.

Ooh la la!!

#3 *Lo*

*Lo*
      • 2,993 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:15 PM

Wow that sounds incredible! It will be amazing.

I think you can ask for interest at this point...get an estimate of who will come. But it seems like people change their minds right up until a few months before! So I don't know if you will be able to get any definites. But you should be able to book based on an estimate hopefully.

Are you getting legally married at home before you go? I read France has a 30day resident policy or something crazy like that in order to make it legal.

#4 Jeremy_Gilliam

Jeremy_Gilliam
        • 335 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:19 PM

Wow, that is going to be an awesome wedding! My wife did a semester abroad in Dijon, France. When I visited her we went to the Loire valley Chateau's. They are absolutely amazing. Can my wife and I go ahead and RSVP? lol. Since it is a special situation I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for a yes/no, maybe give them a few weeks to talk it out and Miranda had a good thought with the cushion. Best of luck planning, and I can't wait to see pictures!

#5 Jess

Jess
          • 4,455 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:22 PM

that sounds awesome! congrats!!

#6 *Casey*

*Casey*
            • 5,209 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:22 PM

France is amazing! Congrats on nailing it down. That's always the hardest part!

#7 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,921 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:24 PM

You can send out your invites with RSVP.... just remember things come up so people might and will need to back out. But maybe you can get the majority to book their flights now, making it less likely for them to back out last minute!
                Good luck!

#8 GracieBebe

GracieBebe
                • 354 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:23 PM

Thanks for the info. We're definitely looking in the Loire valley area. They seem to have the best castles and chateaus. And with the train, even if we're 1-3 hours away by car, we can still get to Paris in half the time.

- Grace
                  Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
                  Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
                  Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
                  Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users