Devastating News for some Houston Brides!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 clmarti1

• 207 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:50 AM

So I was listening to the radio yesterday and they announced that 3 big wedding venues are filing for bankruptcy. Brides were calling in saying they were going to be getting married this weekend, next weekend, a few months from now. Some paid 10k, and one had paid in full with 20k!!!! These pieces of scum locked the doors and disconnected their phones and are not letting their brides know that they are out of business yet are walking out with their money. I was outraged when I heard this and my heart broke for these brides as I am also planning a wedding. Then I started to think, what if it happens to me? What if someone screws me out of my money and my dream wedding? I guess with our economy being the way it is, we need to be careful and mindful of who we give our money to and how much we give them. Be praying for these ladies who's dreams were stripped from them!

#2 KAMAY11

• 456 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:53 AM

OMFG!!! I can't believe these poor brides are out of all this money and their dream day is shattered! And they lock the doors etc?? TERRIBLE!
      My thoughts are with them!!
      D & K
      October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

#3 arhoyaltres

• 154 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:03 PM

This is so very sad! They could at least have the common courtesy to contact these brides and let them know what's going on. I live in Houston, but am glad that I opted for a DW. Now I'm just praying that nothing like this happens to my resort as well as that no hurricanes hit the resort for the rest of this season.

#4 clmarti1

• 207 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:25 PM

I know! I heard of some people having scheduled their weddings for the Galveston area and those venues were ruined by Ike! All these reports hit home when you're also planning a wedding because you just never know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users