• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 BachataBride

BachataBride
  • Banned
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:08 PM

Thanks MOGroom!!
    I need a kick in the butt every now and then!!
    I think (like always!) I'll go with my original thoughts - get married there & hope that our MC doesn't take too long to get to us!

#12 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
    • 358 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:06 PM

ok so here is a question has anyone just brought the paperwork to their dominican embassy? How much does it cost to get paperwork transalted..... also the single declaration can we get it notarized and then translated or does it all have to be notarized when it is in spanish first??

#13 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:35 PM

The Dominican Embassy will notarize & translate it for you. It cost us $560US for both of our single affadavits & birth certificates. Apparently the RIU needs your BC legalised as well (what the diff is I have no idea!). We were told my Sara (saraece) who got married a few weeks before us that she did not need to get it done, but my DH did not want to chance getting there & not having something complete. So we paid the extra $200 to legalize them. Otherwise, it is just $360US. Check with your resort to see if they need a legalized copy of your BC as well.

Oh I just realized that you live in NY...it may be completely different for you! But at least you can look into it! And this might help some Canadian brides!!

#14 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
        • 358 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:06 PM

I think we just need it ot be both legalized and translated.......

#15 DTHSLove

DTHSLove
          • 347 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:15 PM

This sound like a good idea. I'm in saving money. I really was worried about the hiden cost of all the doc translation..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users