Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Brides post here

thanks for sharing your photos. LOVED your dress!

i loved the set up for the cocktail hour!  is it always like that? or, did you have that specially setup?  did you pay for the 'add-on' cocktail hour?  Or, was that just one of the beach bars that the guests went to?

also, i noticed that you had dinner inside one of the restaurants.  I was planning on having my dinner right on the beach lit up by tiki torches and then a dance floor set up right on the sand.  would you recommend against this?  does it get to cold/windy at night?

is there anything that you completely loved & would recommend?

sorry for soo many questions...really appreciate your help!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest iluckie

wow! excelente images, you are so lucky to have them as your photographer, I wish I could afford them when I got married some years ago.

Cheers!!

Ivan

Thanks for the photos.  Really lovely.

I am getting married at the BBGE in December and we have decided to go with the resort photographer.  They sent me some examples of his work and it looks pretty good.

Did you have a private reception?  Did they decorate the tables or was that extra?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure if they have a different outdoor site besides the beach.  i know that if you didn't want the beach they have a lounge area that you can have the ceremony in.  i think that it has a roof but open to the outdoors from the sides.  if you email the resort they get back to you fairly quick.  also, I'm sure if you asked for something else they would try & accommodate it. 

I'm getting married May 11, 2011 and was wondering if anyone was getting married around the same time that is bringing a photographer or would be interested in sharing/spliting the cost of bringing one along?

I have one that I have been looking into bringing but if anyone else already has one I would check them out!

Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Nicole&Matt View Post

i asked the wedding co-ordinator for a list of the add-ons that are available & she sent me a list of stuff that you can get for weddings at BBGE (not included in the packages) with the prices.

All ive done is booked the wedding date (jan 26, 2011)...so far havent booked or planned anything else.

let me know what you decide with the photographer...

Hey Nicole&Matt ,

I am getting married the same week as you, on the 28th! I was hoping you could do me a favour, could you possibly send me the Add-ons that the coordinator sent you? I've emailed her a couple of questions this past little while and I haven't had an answer yet, so I dont want to add even more to her list .. you know.!!??! If you dont mind, my email address is saramaeryan@gmail.com - I would really appreciate it!

Have you booked any more since you posted? I havent been able to get that far yet :P

The photographer we're going with the Juan Navarro. He's had great reviews on here and prices are reasonable, we're excited about him :)

Thanks again :) 

Hi Sara,

I just emailed you the list of add-on's that I received from Nadia @ BlueBay.  I also am emailing you pics of the bouquet & cake choices as I'm not sure if you've received these from the wedding coordinator yet & I know that I was getting anxious to start seeing some pics. I chose bouquet "Blue Bay 07" & the cake "flowers round".  I haven't decided on anything else yet... she sent me some pics of ideas for the ceremony site which I can also forward to you if you are having your ceremony on the beach.  If you want these pics just let me know.  I am stuck on what to do for the dinner...Shes trying to get me to have it in a restaurant (& non-private) because we are only going to be having around 25 people; but, I just sent her an email a couple of days ago saying that I might be willing to pay for 50 people for a dinner on the beach.  but, I'm still waiting to hear back from her..shes getting worse & worse at replying!!  I'm only willing to pay for the private beach dinner if I REALLY like the photos that I've asked her to send.

how much did the photographer quote you?  I still haven't decided on that...we were just going to go with the resort photographer b/c it was less work & from the sounds of it everyone else in the area was way more expensive.  but, I did look too far into it.

Originally Posted by Nicole&Matt View Post

Hi Sara,

I just emailed you the list of add-on's that I received from Nadia @ BlueBay.  I also am emailing you pics of the bouquet & cake choices as I'm not sure if you've received these from the wedding coordinator yet & I know that I was getting anxious to start seeing some pics. I chose bouquet "Blue Bay 07" & the cake "flowers round".  I haven't decided on anything else yet... she sent me some pics of ideas for the ceremony site which I can also forward to you if you are having your ceremony on the beach.  If you want these pics just let me know.  I am stuck on what to do for the dinner...Shes trying to get me to have it in a restaurant (& non-private) because we are only going to be having around 25 people; but, I just sent her an email a couple of days ago saying that I might be willing to pay for 50 people for a dinner on the beach.  but, I'm still waiting to hear back from her..shes getting worse & worse at replying!!  I'm only willing to pay for the private beach dinner if I REALLY like the photos that I've asked her to send.

how much did the photographer quote you?  I still haven't decided on that...we were just going to go with the resort photographer b/c it was less work & from the sounds of it everyone else in the area was way more expensive.  but, I did look too far into it.

Hi Girls!

I just joined the site, I'm TRYING to get Nadia to message me back and in the process of booking a wedding for March 2011. If it's not too much trouble, do you think I could get a copy of that add-on list as well?? 

There's not too many of us, hey?

my email is mauer.amy@gmail.com