Photo

BM Dresses... how far in advance?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 *Casey*

*Casey*
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:55 AM

I'm wondering how far in advance my BM's should get measured and the dresses ordered. I have 3 sisters and they are all my BM's. One of them just had a baby so she wants to lose weight before her fitting, the other has always been a yo-yo when it comes to weight so she'll want to wait till the last minute. And the 3rd sister... well, for my other sisters wedding she ordered 4 sized smaller than her actual size thinking that she would lose the weight, but she didn't, and she was POURING out of the dress. I'm so nervous about this. I know that I'm still 8 months out, but when is a good time to bring this up to them?

#2 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:18 AM

One of my bms had a baby so we waited till we were 5 months out to order the dress. It gave her 6 months to lose some weight.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:19 AM

Oh it took about 12 weeks for the dresses to come in. Do you already have a dress picked out? If you do i would ask the bridal salon how long you can wait.

#4 KLC77

KLC77
        • 2,207 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:36 AM

We ordered 6 months out from the wedding date. It is going to take 12-14 weeks for our dresses to come in. They'll be here in November sometime. I would probably let them know now, that in two months or so you guys will have to order so its not a surprise to them when the time comes.
          ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#5 Celina

Celina
          • Banned
          • 2,811 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:03 AM

I would get them when you can as some dresses are seasonal and you may get a better price off-season or at the end of the season.

In my case I had to find a dress that fit a whole range of bodies - from regular size to plus size, so for me getting a dress in the color I wanted was a chore.

If you've found a dress and they have it in all sizes, that's good. I can understand wanting to wait for the weight loss because you then may end up paying more in alterations if you buy too big or too small. (Sorry if I wasn't any help) - it is a hard judgement call. I would definitely give them a timeline for their weight loss so that you have enough time.
            "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#6 *Casey*

*Casey*
            • 5,209 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:07 AM

I have found the dresses, and they are separates which everyone seems to love so the bustier ones can get a bigger top than bottom. I know they are going to hate me, but I should give them the heads up.

#7 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
              • VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:27 AM

They wont hate ya Case, it's part of being a bridesmaid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users