Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Info


  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Sagesma

Sagesma
  • Site Supporter
  • 35 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 8, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:33 AM


Really?? I shall see you there then! That would be awesome if you can get your guy friends to keep those buggers out of my wedding! We have not talked to a travel agent yet about flights. That is our next thing to do. But our plan is to arrive Wednesday May 15th and depart May 22nd. What about you?

 

I hope you are right! I am so stressed out already! Do you have any idea if the resort has bonfires on a nightly basis? I want to have a welcome bonfire for my guests but could care less if its private or not.
 

Originally Posted by heather1214 

We are arriving that day!!  If you need security to keep the tourists out of the ceremony site, I'm sure we can work it out with my guy friends! haha just kidding.  How long are you staying after the wedding?

 

It's such a relief to have the date set, and from what I hear they take care of everything so we have nothing to stress over! 

 

Happy Planning!

 

 



 

 



 



#42 Sagesma

Sagesma
  • Site Supporter
  • 35 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 8, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:37 AM



What photographer are you going with Heather? I'm debating between SAAB and Sungold

Originally Posted by heather1214 

That's great!!!  Yeah I believe as long as they are getting their 3 night stay out of you they are fine with it.  That's such a bonus to have a photographer in the family!
 



 



 



#43 albellis

albellis
  • Newbie
  • 146 posts

    Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

    I've got a question for any brides that have already been married at the IRHB or future ones that may have already inquired with the WC about this...

     

    I am picking out songs for the ceremony, and thought it would be nice to have some songs play while everyone is arriving (maybe 15 minutes before the ceremony). Will they allow this? I also wanted to have a few songs play after the ceremony while the champagne toast takes place. How much time is there afterwards? I was thinking about preparing another 15 minutes of music (not just the recessional song). Has anyone done this type of arrangement?



    #44 heather1214

    heather1214
    • Jr. Member
    • 229 posts

      Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:22 AM

      We finally booked our visit for this May! I can't wait to check out the resort and meet with the WC.  

       

      One thing I will say that I liked more from Sandals (when we were checking into a few different places) they have associate WC who help you via e-mails then you get a regular WC after you book.  Iberostar WC are clearly over worked and understaffed because it's impossible to get responses from them! (and yessss I am being nice in the e-mails haha)

       

      I'll be sure to check out the bonfire situation and to see about playing music during the champagne toast that's a good idea @albellis.  You pay for the mic & sound system in the wedding package so I would think they can oblige!

       

       

       



      #45 heather1214

      heather1214
      • Jr. Member
      • 229 posts

        Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:23 AM

        We finally booked our visit for this May! I can't wait to check out the resort and meet with the WC.  

         

        One thing I will say that I liked more from Sandals (when we were checking into a few different places) they have associate WC who help you via e-mails then you get a regular WC after you book.  Iberostar WC are clearly over worked and understaffed because it's impossible to get responses from them! (and yessss I am being nice in the e-mails haha)

         

        I'll be sure to check out the bonfire situation and to see about playing music during the champagne toast that's a good idea @albellis.  You pay for the mic & sound system in the wedding package so I would think they can oblige!

         

         

         



        #46 Laura2013

        Laura2013
        • Jr. Member
        • 177 posts

          Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

          I'm having a hard time deciding between the Suites or the Beach. I received pricing packages from both and they are pretty similar. It is unclear whether their is any fees for guests of the Rose or Suites to attend festivities at the Beach. Does anyone have this information. I emailed the WC a few days ago but haven't gotten a response yet. Also, I am unsure where my guests will be staying so not sure what location (Beach or Suites) would be better....any one have any input on how they decided?

          #47 albellis

          albellis
          • Newbie
          • 146 posts

            Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

            The agreement I have with the Beach states that anyone attending the wedding events above the 8 people allowed is charged $18/person. There is not an additional charge on top of that for guests from the Grand or Suites to come over to the Beach, after all it is included in their stay (the Grand guests can visit any of the 3 Iberostar resorts, the Suites guests can visit the Beach, but the Beach guests can't visit the other 2 properties). When I was deciding between the Beach and the Suites, it came down to cost. When I was pricing a week's stay, it was almost $1,000 more for me and FI to stay at the Suites than the Beach. I figured I could use that money for something else wedding related. And I wanted to keep it affordable for our guests and was trying to find a place that was under $1,500 for a week's stay.



            #48 Laura2013

            Laura2013
            • Jr. Member
            • 177 posts

              Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

              Thanks so much for clarifying albellis, I thought that was the deal (no charge for Iberostar non-Beach guests), but wanted to clarify in case it was a hidden fee. Thanks for your input on choosing your resort too. I am clueless as to where most of guests will stay, so it makes it difficult to chose between the 2 places. Guess its a decision I just got to make and live with. Thanks!

              Originally Posted by albellis 

              The agreement I have with the Beach states that anyone attending the wedding events above the 8 people allowed is charged $18/person. There is not an additional charge on top of that for guests from the Grand or Suites to come over to the Beach, after all it is included in their stay (the Grand guests can visit any of the 3 Iberostar resorts, the Suites guests can visit the Beach, but the Beach guests can't visit the other 2 properties). When I was deciding between the Beach and the Suites, it came down to cost. When I was pricing a week's stay, it was almost $1,000 more for me and FI to stay at the Suites than the Beach. I figured I could use that money for something else wedding related. And I wanted to keep it affordable for our guests and was trying to find a place that was under $1,500 for a week's stay.

               

               



              #49 albellis

              albellis
              • Newbie
              • 146 posts

                Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:00 AM

                Does anyone know how the tables are set for the reception at Uncle Tony's? I have seen some pictures that are a U-Shaped set up... Is that the standard, or will they set up rounds if requested?



                #50 heather1214

                heather1214
                • Jr. Member
                • 229 posts

                  Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

                  I went for a site visit a week ago.  We originally had booked the Beach, so that's where we stayed, but we changed and are now having our wedding at the Suites. I almost didn't go for a site visit, but I'm glad I did!!

                   

                  Nicole (the WC at Suites) is Amazing!  You should check with several TA, as different ones have better connections for group rates.  They may be able to get your group rate lower so there wouldn't be as much difference in price between the Beach & Suites. 

                   

                  Service was A+ at the Beach, food was great, but the Suites is just nicer.

                   

                  PM me if you want specific feedback.

                  Originally Posted by Laura2013 

                  I'm having a hard time deciding between the Suites or the Beach. I received pricing packages from both and they are pretty similar. It is unclear whether their is any fees for guests of the Rose or Suites to attend festivities at the Beach. Does anyone have this information. I emailed the WC a few days ago but haven't gotten a response yet. Also, I am unsure where my guests will be staying so not sure what location (Beach or Suites) would be better....any one have any input on how they decided?

                   

                  Originally Posted by albellis 

                  Does anyone know how the tables are set for the reception at Uncle Tony's? I have seen some pictures that are a U-Shaped set up... Is that the standard, or will they set up rounds if requested?

                   

                  You have a choice between a U shape, or rounds.  And I think they have 8 or 10 seat round tables too.

                   

                  (PS I'll send you those pics, I almost forgot!!)






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users