Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Info


  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 albellis

albellis
  • Newbie
  • 146 posts

    Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

    Check out page 461 of this thread, there is some more information about those flowers, and the bride has some pictures on that same page.

     

    http://www.bestdesti...tions-here/4600

     

     



    #22 Sagesma

    Sagesma
    • Site Supporter
    • 35 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 8, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
    • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

    Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

    Hi ladies!!

     

    I am hoping to be a May 2013 bride at the IRHB or Suites! But Need to get in contact with a WC to start doing my booking. Anyone with any suggestions on an amazing WC and where I should go from here? Thanks ladies for all your help! 



    #23 albellis

    albellis
    • Newbie
    • 146 posts

      Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:02 PM

      I started by going to the Iberostar website. There is an email address listed in the Weddings section for each resort, and if you inquire through those email addresses they will send you the information you request. That is how I received the package details, pricing, and booked my date. I had everything booked within 5 days of my initial inquiry. Happy planning!



      #24 Sagesma

      Sagesma
      • Site Supporter
      • 35 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 8, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
      • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

      Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

      Thanks so much! I just emailed them and I hope to hear from them asap.
       

      Originally Posted by albellis 

      I started by going to the Iberostar website. There is an email address listed in the Weddings section for each resort, and if you inquire through those email addresses they will send you the information you request. That is how I received the package details, pricing, and booked my date. I had everything booked within 5 days of my initial inquiry. Happy planning!



       



      #25 heather1214

      heather1214
      • Jr. Member
      • 229 posts

        Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

        I'm also a IRHB bride!  Our date is May 24, 2013.  I've seen some great pictures from the beach.. and some not so great pictures.  Some pictures taken from a distance show people in their bathing suits right up to the ceremony site AND people swimming in the background! HOW RUDE!  I'm going there this May to see it, so I'm hoping there are a few weddings that weekend that I can see what it's like.  I really wanted beach pictures, but with 50+ guests I may just do the balcony and then go to the beach after with my photographer.  This way I get the privacy for the ceremony AND the beach pics after.

         

        What are you ladies picking for colors?! Mine are a lime green, magenta (purple/pinkish)  Maybe we can start some recycling of the decorations going!?


         

        Originally Posted by albellis 

        Hi Mikie,

         

        I just received confirmation on my date for the IRHB, getting married April 27, 2013. I have seen pictures of weddings that took place on the beach and ones that have taken place on the balcony. For us, we really want the ocean and beach in the background of our pictures and I didn't see that with the balcony pictures. Perhaps it was just the angle and location of the photographer, but that is why I am choosing the beach location. I have found that reading the planning threads & reviews for other brides that were married at this resort has given me an idea of what to expect. Good luck with all of your planning!



         



        Originally Posted by Mikie 

        Hello:) I am happy to find this thread!  We are getting married at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach on June 5. We looked into the Iberostars, but decided on the beach because many of our guests have children and the room price was lower.  The planning has gone well so far.  We switched our location in November to Iberostar due to problems with the Grand Palladium.  I hope to gain any helpful information on what to do or not to do.  Right now we are trying to decide on the location:  beach or balcony?  Any thoughts?



         



        #26 albellis

        albellis
        • Newbie
        • 146 posts

          Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:07 AM

          Hi Heather! You'll have to keep us posted on how your visit goes. I am having the same dilemma with choosing the ceremony location. We really wanted a beach wedding, but I have seen those same pictures as you with people hanging around in swimsuits and all up next to the ceremony area... that makes me think of moving to the balcony. However I have also seen some really nice pictures of the beach ceremonies (maybe just a great photographer who is making sure no onlookers are in the pics?) Maybe the time of day also has something to do with it?

           

          I haven't figured out colors yet. I am thinking of choosing my flowers first, and based on what I end up choosing, picking the colors for the rest of the decorations.



          #27 albellis

          albellis
          • Newbie
          • 146 posts

            Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:47 AM


            Hi Sagesma - Have you heard anything back from the coordinators at the Iberostar resorts?
             

            Originally Posted by Sagesma 

            Thanks so much! I just emailed them and I hope to hear from them asap.
             



             



             



            #28 heather1214

            heather1214
            • Jr. Member
            • 229 posts

              Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:10 AM

              I am having a very difficult time getting in touch with them right now.  I got my confirmation certificate for the date, and to be sure, asked if that's all I needed to do, they responded with "please fill out these forms and send them back".  The same forms that I already filled out 2 months ago (including copies of my CC which makes me very nervous!!!).  So frustrating, why don't they have a larger staff to handle this?!  And now I haven't heard back in about a week.  I'd love to send my STDs out but I can't get a straight answer on the date confirmation!
               

              Originally Posted by albellis 


              Hi Sagesma - Have you heard anything back from the coordinators at the Iberostar resorts?
               



               



               



              #29 albellis

              albellis
              • Newbie
              • 146 posts

                Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:18 AM

                When I received my confirmation certificate, they sent an agreement to complete as well (maybe 3-4 pages). Did they send that to you? If so, and you returned that, then I would say that you have your date locked in. Maybe the CC form was just an accidental attachment. Of course I can completely understand your frustration with them, after all, it should be simple enough to send an email with "Yes, you're date is confirmed".  Are you sending the email to the general wedding email address, or do you have one for a specific person?

                 

                I would like to make a suggestion... Send them another email and be overly polite. Say you understand that they are busy with upcoming weddings and you want to make sure they have everything they need from you to confirm your date of May 24, 2013. I would put something in the subject line like "Follow Up (last name) Wedding Request". It sounds like they are in the middle of a staff turnover and I am sure they are busy and getting a lot of brides contacting them, probably some that aren't very nice. I have found out through my own job (trade show and event planner) that being nice and understanding goes a lot farther than screaming and yelling.

                 

                Keep me posted on how it goes :)



                #30 heather1214

                heather1214
                • Jr. Member
                • 229 posts

                  Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:37 AM

                  I have been dealing with the PR manager (hadn't spoken to the WC).  Come to find out the WC is no longer there and the PR manager is taking over.  I'm sure they are very busy but I have seen a lot of May 2013 hopefuls on here alone!!  I did fax that information (3-4) page where you pick the wedding details.  So that would have been the final paperwork.  Still hadn't heard anything.

                   

                  I actually saw on a post here to have your TA contact them, that you get a better response that way.  I had my TA call and within 15 minutes had responses to the 2 (yes 2, am I bridezilla yet?? haha) emails I had sent over a week and a half.  Everything is officially confirmed and I can finally send out the STDs!

                   

                  It was a very simple response, actually.  "Yes, your date is confirmed" But I guess in 100's of emails it just takes a long time to respond to everyone. (and do weddings at the resort at the same time). 

                   

                  The PR manager (now WC) does seem very nice and I'm sure she will be great!! Now that I can breathe knowing my date is set, I'll be perusing the DIY for the next year!


                  Thanks for your suggestions, albellis!!
                   

                  Originally Posted by albellis 

                  When I received my confirmation certificate, they sent an agreement to complete as well (maybe 3-4 pages). Did they send that to you? If so, and you returned that, then I would say that you have your date locked in. Maybe the CC form was just an accidental attachment. Of course I can completely understand your frustration with them, after all, it should be simple enough to send an email with "Yes, you're date is confirmed".  Are you sending the email to the general wedding email address, or do you have one for a specific person?

                   

                  I would like to make a suggestion... Send them another email and be overly polite. Say you understand that they are busy with upcoming weddings and you want to make sure they have everything they need from you to confirm your date of May 24, 2013. I would put something in the subject line like "Follow Up (last name) Wedding Request". It sounds like they are in the middle of a staff turnover and I am sure they are busy and getting a lot of brides contacting them, probably some that aren't very nice. I have found out through my own job (trade show and event planner) that being nice and understanding goes a lot farther than screaming and yelling.

                   

                  Keep me posted on how it goes :)



                   






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users