26 replies to this topic

#21 Kat81

Kat81
  • VIP Member
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:48 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhillyBride09
    Hey Kat..How does that work? Do you pay for his trip and then your Wedding package also?
    I would think that would be more Expensive, right?
    I'm just getting really aggravated about not hearing back from these photgraphers and I am open to all options!!
    Ok, you get like an hour worth of photography with the package. I think you pay like 300 bucks for it? Maybe more? But I wanted more pictures so it was like 600 bucks more to have him for the reception and all that. So there is 900 towards photography. PLUS, I wanted a TTD session. That was another 600 dollars. There is 1500 dollars on photography on a photographer I didn't really even want.
    What I did is credited the 300 bucks I had to pay for the photographer toward the sound system for the ceremony which I reccomend everyone to have. It is really loud with the waves crashing. I then hired Jeremy to come out. The trip wasn't that bad. I think I got him his flight and hotel for like 600-700 dollars. I then had him for my rehersal dinner, my entire wedding ceremony and reception and he did a TTD for me. He gave me a great price on his charge and in the long run I saved a bit of money and I had a photographer that was amazing and I had him for three days instead of an hour!! And he was great and became part of our group instantly.
    If you budget for a photographer I really reccommend finding your own photographer. Just my opinion though.

#22 Jeremy_Gilliam

Jeremy_Gilliam
    • 335 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:03 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by PhillyBride09
      Hey Kat..How does that work? Do you pay for his trip and then your Wedding package also?
      I would think that would be more Expensive, right?
      I'm just getting really aggravated about not hearing back from these photgraphers and I am open to all options!!
      Kat speaks the truth, since I love traveling for destination weddings so much I always discount my services at least as much as the travel costs. I'm sure you won't have a hard time finding a Stateside photographer that you like that would make a good deal to have the opportunity to go with you.

#23 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
      • 2,262 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:11 PM

Sounds great but i'm not stateside so mine is horrific lol There is a guy that did my cousin's wedding and he wanted £2k for the pics then I had to pay for 2 of them to fly and stay that was at least another £2k that I didn't have. Think thats about $8000

#24 cancunbride

cancunbride
        • 531 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 01:11 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JoannaR
          HAHAHAHA Thanks for making me laugh about your FMIL!! thanks guys I guess i will start my search and be ready to break heads when i get to Mexico because of course Gaby has yet to answer any of my questions Grrrrr

Joanne, I was in the same boat with Claudia Rodriguez charging me $900 for a TDD Session so I am shopping around and there are some good photographers out there with more settle prices. Try Cecilia Dumas she charges 500.00.

Also, since your on a budget, why dont you go with a miniature package..you can go with Cancun Studios for two hours-100 images (high resolution) (includes romantics and family) NO RECEPTION though $650.00 and then add a TDD session on top of that for $350.00. And that will include 1.5 hours at your session and 50 images on a CD. Its a great deal if you are on a budget!!

Good Luck

#25 BachataBride

BachataBride
          • Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:11 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Hartyt509
            Sounds great but i'm not stateside so mine is horrific lol There is a guy that did my cousin's wedding and he wanted £2k for the pics then I had to pay for 2 of them to fly and stay that was at least another £2k that I didn't have. Think thats about $8000
            You don't have to hire a "home country" photographer. I live in Canada and am hiring an American photographer. Maybe you could look into that as an option!

Good Luck!

#26 SandyW

SandyW
            • 26 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:15 PM

I came across this photographer and loved the pics and the hardcover books!
              Wedding Photographer for Cancun, Riviera Maya

here are 2 links from Cancun Dreams weddings they sent me
              http://cancun-weddin....-preview-4.pdf
              http://cancun-weddin....-preview-3.pdf

here is pricelist:
              http://cancun-weddin....ollections.zip

From everything I read - I think I may go with them instead of using the resort photographer.

#27 SandyW

SandyW
              • 26 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:16 PM

oh, plus I still am not confirmed as to where they are moving our wedding group to - so this way I'm at least assured a photographer :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users