Thanksgiving in Vegas

the only place we can get my grandma to fly is Vegas. So my mom is thinking about having us meet in Vegas for Thanksgiving. My uncle lives in san fransico so it's not a long drive for him.

I have never been to Vegas & I'm not sure if I will like it. I don't gamble. I was thinking it would be fun to go to a cirque du soleil show. or maybe just walking around taking pictures of the cool buildings. we would only stay 2 nights.

what else is there to do in vegas? is thanksgiving a busy time there? should we try to go earlier in the week? my mom has the entire week off & I can easily get off early & work thanksgiving.

Morgan, no worries, I went to Vegas in May (it was FI's surprise trip for us when he proposed) and we didn't gamble once. There is SO much to do there! Plus the weather is good so you can just lay by the pool if you want. We shopped LOTS and walked around just checking everything out. Plus they have so many delicious restaurants. The people-watching alone will give you enough to do for 2 days! You see things/people in Vegas you'd never ever see anywhere else...

Morgan as Heather said, there's nothing to worry about! You don't have to be a gambler at all. Between sightseeing & going to shows, there will be enough to pass the time by.

There are so many cool themed hotels for you to visit. Check out Bellagio. The fountain show is great. The last time we were there it was summer & they had a great floral show in the lobby. Not sure what their theme will be at Thanksgiving.

You can also check out the Venetian, the gondola's are quite cute.

Go to MGM & check out the lion's den.

Girl, you'll be busy! You'll see. There will be ton's of pics for you to take.

My sister doesn't gamble or drink and she loves Vegas! There are a ton of great restaurants and just about every type of show or concert that you can imagine! Thanksgiving time it starts to get cold so I don't think you'll be able to lay by the pool, but there are many other cool things to do, especially in 2 days. It takes more than that to get around some of the hotels...LOL.

We aren't gamblers at all and we enjoy Vegas. You can put us anywhere with good food and we're happy :P Two nights will fly by and you'll be able to keep yourselves plenty busy.

As for your uncle, the drive is not short and if he can I would recommend he fly from San Francisco. It's worth whatever they are charging. Actually SW usually has $60 each way or something of the sort if he buys in advance.

Have fun :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
We aren't gamblers at all and we enjoy Vegas. You can put us anywhere with good food and we're happy :P Two nights will fly by and you'll be able to keep yourselves plenty busy.

As for your uncle, the drive is not short and if he can I would recommend he fly from San Francisco. It's worth whatever they are charging. Actually SW usually has $60 each way or something of the sort if he buys in advance.

Have fun :)
my uncle, mom & gma have done this trip before. I think he drove. or maybe the idea is just that he can get a cheap flight. but, i know him being close is on of the reasons why they go to vegas. my mom doesn't really like vegas. it's just the easiest way to get my grandma & her brother together.

I've never been to Vegas, so I say go and have fun.

My family will make a party anywhere when we are together.

If you do decide to go, I would start doing some research and try to get reservations some place for a Thanksgiving meal. Most restaurants (that are open) tend to book quickly, especially if you have a group.

Some of the hotels might be offering a buffet package...I know how much you like research, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I have a friend, also a chef, who lives there. I could ask her for some recommendations if you like.