Photo

Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred

• Please log in to reply
721 replies to this topic

#381 mnh1983

mnh1983
  • 743 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:27 PM

Day 2 was definitely much easier than Day 1. I think I just have to get into the groove.

#382 Tifany

Tifany
    • 248 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:52 PM

Amazon was gracious in sending another DVD to me after the other one was marked as delivered and never arrived. Can't wait to finally try it out tomorrow evening!

#383 Tifany

Tifany
      • 248 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:59 AM

After trying the DVD (finally!) I felt that Level 1 was a bit too easy for me. I'm looking forward to doing Level 2 and seeing how I feel. :) I love how quick the workout goes!

The one detriment is the dumbbells. I use different weights for different lifts, but have no time to switch since I have adjustable dumbbells. I'll have to keep trying a few things out until I find a quick method that works!

#384 Melidell

Melidell
        • 1,091 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:23 PM

Hey everyone,

I've had this DVD for months now and only worked myself up to trying it last week (bad, I know). The good news is that now I'm on day 5 of level one and it's starting to get easier. I've been doing 20-30 min on my elliptical before most sessions to make it a longer workout overall and I'm not seeing much of a change in myself physically yet but I feel pretty good! It's definitely an intense workout for me- I'm sweating like crazy by the end. I'm actually starting to enjoy it, though.
          Loving married life!

#385 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
          • 303 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:32 PM

Sounds like a great workout dvd... maybe I'll go buy it and try it out.

#386 mnh1983

mnh1983
            • 743 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:14 AM

I've been doing it for almost a week now, and I really like it so far!

#387 cathyandchin

cathyandchin
              • 294 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:20 AM

I had read this thread a few days ago and was debating on whether I should get it or not.... whether i should wait until I'm out of school or done with TAKS testing... etc...
                But when I was leaving Walmart today I walked past the athletic wear section and there it was! Like a sign of some sort and it was only $9 so I got it!!
                I'll start it tomorrow but I'm worried about the weights because all I have are 5lbs and I've read that might be too much!
                Does anyone have any tips for me before I begin? I'm worried I'll get discouraged and turn the tv off!!
                http://tickers.Ticke....7ab3/event.png

18 adults + 2 kids booked + bride and groom

#388 KarenM

KarenM
                • 1,920 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:45 AM

Hi Cathy! I love this work-out. It's quick & there are 3 levels to choose from depending on your activity level & how you feel any given day. I started out using 5 lb wts too, now I alternate between 3 & 5 lb ones. If they feel too heavy you can modify the moves, do fewer reps, but just keep proper form & you should be good.

Don't get discouraged! Do level 1 - Jillian has 1 of the girls in the video doing modified moves in case it's too much for you initially, but you'll definitely get there if you keep it up!

#389 mnh1983

mnh1983
                  • 743 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:45 AM

I've done two days of level 2 and...I'm not really feeling anything. I mean, with level 1, I was super sore after I did it the first time, but I feel nothing after this workout. To me, it almost seemed easier. Of course, with some of the moves, I was going much slower than the girls on the video, but still, I figured it would wear me out or something. Trust me, I'm glad that I can walk without wincing, but I feel like maybe I'm doing something wrong Anyone else have this problem?

#390 cathyandchin

cathyandchin
                    • 294 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:11 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KarenM
                      Hi Cathy! I love this work-out. It's quick & there are 3 levels to choose from depending on your activity level & how you feel any given day. I started out using 5 lb wts too, now I alternate between 3 & 5 lb ones. If they feel too heavy you can modify the moves, do fewer reps, but just keep proper form & you should be good.

Don't get discouraged! Do level 1 - Jillian has 1 of the girls in the video doing modified moves in case it's too much for you initially, but you'll definitely get there if you keep it up!
                      Thanks Karen!
                      I am going to alternate my C25K with 30 day Shred starting tomrrow... My goal is to hopefully do both in the same day and still be able to walk!!
                      http://tickers.Ticke....7ab3/event.png

18 adults + 2 kids booked + bride and groom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users