Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred

• Please log in to reply
721 replies to this topic

#111 foxytv

foxytv
  • VIP Member
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:27 PM

That's great ladies! I went on a bit of a drinking bender this weekend, so got NO workouts in. Now I feel so guilty so I will doing it again tonight. I'm still on Level 1 with 3lb weights but it has gotten much easier next time. I'm going to stay on Level 1 til I can do it w/ 5lb weights ... then move to Level 2 w/ the 3lb weights and go from there. I hadn't noticed any weight loss yet, but I am sure some of my extyra jiggle is tightening up, so I wouldn't expect to see anything on the scale yet...

Keep it up ladies!!

#112 Jen_S

Jen_S
    • 3,737 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:43 PM

I know Andi my wedding is getting so close I would still like too loose about 7 more lbs I have my final fitting on the 4th so I gotta really get moving.
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#113 laycj18

laycj18
      • 76 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:01 AM

Level 2 + 80s music = VERY DANGEROUS! for me anyway :)

I have been listening to my iPod while doing he shred and tonight I was doing (level 2) the military presses with the leg "kick" and things got a little out of hand when Quiet Riot came on. We did a cheerleading routine to "Come On Feel The Noise" when I was in HS and I was so reliving it it tonight!! Then the jump rope x3, I was jumping around like a mad woman and wasn't paying attention and jumped right into the couch and onto the floor.

I amaze myself sometimes...

#114 *Casey*

*Casey*
        • 5,209 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:03 PM

So it's been a full week for me on level 1 and it's getting a little bit easier. I've been using 4lb weights and the lunges with weights in the 3rd cycle still kicks my butt! Oh yeah, and the upper arm strength with squats. I kinda want to watch level 2 just to see how much harder it is.

Ashley, I know how you feel about the BD pics. Mine are February 7th and I'm FREAKING OUT! I went shopping for my little outfits on Saturday, and I'm still disgusted with my belly. I hope you're feeling better! Being sick is no fun at all!

#115 Jen_S

Jen_S
          • 3,737 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:18 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by laycj18

I have been listening to my iPod while doing he shred and tonight I was doing (level 2) the military presses with the leg "kick" and things got a little out of hand when Quiet Riot came on. We did a cheerleading routine to "Come On Feel The Noise" when I was in HS and I was so reliving it it tonight!! Then the jump rope x3, I was jumping around like a mad woman and wasn't paying attention and jumped right into the couch and onto the floor.

I amaze myself sometimes...
            Oh that is too funny! Sounds like the shred and 80s music go good together!

Last night I did level 2 with 5lb weights and this morning I did level 3 with 3lb weights. I am planning on rotating every other day between level 2 and 3 since I like moves in both of them and I will get bored if I did the same thing every day. I did not get to wear my heart rate monitor since I miss placed 1 of the pieces. I am going to have to find it. I do know that when I do level 2 and 3 I sweat like crazy. It really helps when my lovely FI thinks I should sweat a bit more and makes a fire while Im working out (our fireplace is in the living room which is where I work out) he has done it twice now Im like hello I am already sweating I do not need a fire!

#116 DallasAshli

DallasAshli
            • 451 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:34 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by laycj18

things got a little out of hand when Quiet Riot came on. We did a cheerleading routine to "Come On Feel The Noise" when I was in HS and I was so reliving it it tonight!!
              HILARIOUS!! Oh, I wish I could see a video :) When I was a cheerleader, we did a routine to "check baby, check baby 1234" (whatever that song is) and I relive it every time!!
              I know how you feel about the BD pics. Mine are February 7th and I'm FREAKING OUT! I went shopping for my little outfits on Saturday, and I'm still disgusted with my belly. I hope you're feeling better! Being sick is no fun at all!
              I went shopping this weekend too! It was really hard to find stuff because Im not really a sex-pot kinda gal. Im still working on that!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jkcz0702
              It really helps when my lovely FI thinks I should sweat a bit more and makes a fire while Im working out (our fireplace is in the living room which is where I work out) he has done it twice now Im like hello I am already sweating I do not need a fire!
              OMG - I cant imagine a fire too! Although I have always wanted to try "hot yoga" (Bickram yoga). But you prepare yourself for that!

General Question - how often are we supposed to be doing the Shred? I'm worried that 5 days a week (I work out before work) will be too much and I should throw in a day or 2 of yoga or pilates or something else. But I want to lose weight! So...does the 30-Day Shred mean 30 days in a row?

#117 Jen_S

Jen_S
              • 3,737 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:37 PM

I always wanted to try Bickram yoga also. I know FI is crazy starting a fire I told him the next time he starts the fire he has to do the video with me LOL!!!

My understanding is that you do the video everyday for 30 days. I still like to do other things so I still go to the gym and do cardio, pilates and yoga.

#118 DallasAshli

DallasAshli
                • 451 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:54 PM

Ok - so everyday, plus whatever else. I guess I can do that for 30 days (or 60 really) before my wedding :) I usually do either a video, yoga or pilates in the morning and run after work, so I guess I will stick with the Shred in the mornings!

I really like how limber I get from yoga & pilates so I will have to work those in sometime....oh, there aren't enough hours in the day!

#119 Jen_S

Jen_S
                  • 3,737 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:02 PM

I agree there are not enough hours in the day. Yeah there are so many other things I like that the gym offers and to be honest what if the video does not work magic results then it will be my wedding (only 39 more days!) and I will be no different then I am today so I just feel more relaxed if I do added things.

#120 jamk32179

jamk32179
                    • 341 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:16 PM

I do Birkram Yoga and I LOVE IT! Talk about sweating, you will come out like you just took a shower...LOL. The health benefits are amazing and you burn an insane amount of calories. I believe an instructor told me its upwards of 600 calories in a 90 minute period. I know for me I come out not only feeling like I had a great workout, but like a more positive person as well! The only advice I can offer is drink LOTS of water before and don't eat right before either.
                      September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users