Sign in to follow this  
FoxyBride

Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred

Okay so yesterday was my first workout on the 30 day shred and so far the damage doesn't seem too bad. Although i can't quite tell if I'm a bit sore from the workout or from falling down my stairs yesterday LOL! I never thought I was that accident prone until FI pointed it out recently - I guess he was right!

I only started with the 3lb weights since I wasn't sure what to expect. I think I'll stick with them for a few few days, then bump up to 5lbs after that. My plan is to do my month with this workout, then switch to the 30day workout from the Making the Cut book once I'm more used to all the exercises Jillian uses. I hoping that alternating back and forth between the two workouts will help keep my body from getting adjusted too quickly.

Ok, I did the workout and I am feeling it. It wasn't as bad as I thought but I am burning. I actually like the burning feeling (is that bad). Maybe because I feel like I'm actually doing something. But I'm disappointed because I had my heart rate monitor on and I only burned 43 calories, but it was only 20 min too. So what I think I'm going to do is do my Tae Bo and elliptical in the mornings for an hour and do the Shred in the evenings.

I need to get this!! I need Jillian as my personal trainer. I have the Biggest Loser Yoga and I love it! It's challenging, intense and you sweat like crazy.

I'm sad for Shay... she deserved to be there.. actually I want to be on the ranch!

i use the 30 day shred and love it! i also signed up for jillian michael's workouts on her website. It is $4 a week and she provides workouts you can do at home and receipes.

Its nice because she gives you a meal plan to follow. When I don't have time to cook I eat a lean cuisine or healthy choice around 300 calories and a piece of fruit. She also has a calorie counter, but I find "my plate" on livestrong.com to be more user friendly. Plus, there is an app for the iphone that will link to your computer and phone. I have no excuse not to track my calories. :-)

did the shred yesterday & no more trouble zones today. trying to stay on track!

hmm, the iphone app sort of scares me. i'll have no excuse either! do I really want to know? :)