Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred

FoxyBride

I was really good this past winter doing this about 3X a week (i have a busy schedule and just can't fit in the workout every day).  Eventually I was bad and got lazy and just stopped.  Now with 8 months till my wedding, it's time for me to get back with it!  I promised myself I wouldn't even start dress shopping until my body looks exactly how I want it to on my wedding day so it was time to look back to Jillian.  I ride my horse and run regularly, but definitely need some strength training to tone certain parts up. ;)  started last night and hoping to do it at least 3x a week again.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just discovered this thread- I had no idea this was such a popular dvd! I've been doing it 3-5 days a week since May and I've noticed a huge difference! I didn't really lose weight, but my clothes are all too big, so I guess I just replaced the fat with muscle.

I use 5 lb weights which is pretty challenging, but I love that I can feel so accomplished after only 20 minutes. Hopefully I can keep this up between now and the wedding!

kurlyks - you don't find too much increase in your biceps using 5lb weights???  i have 5lb ones but stopped using them because i was worried of looking "too buff" after a while so only use 2lb. maybe i'll notice more results using the 5s though

Lua- my arms are in no danger of becoming "too buff" lol! I used the 5 lbs cause they were the only ones I had and it became so much easier after a week or two so I just stuck with it.

I've always had a hard time building muscle in my arms so I welcome any definition I can get. The only thing I wish is that she did more ab work- I always ended up spending another 5-10 minutes after the dvd's over doing more abs.

Hi Girls!!

So i saw your post Lua about becoming too buff using the 5lb weights and i just had to chime in. I use the 5lb weights and i can totally a lot of muscle definition that was not there before lol but I like it...I always tell the FI to check out my muscles and I attempt to flex. haha But its not to the point of where my arms are bulging and since theres less than 2 months before our wedding im not too worried about it since i wont be huge by then lol

Ok great! thanks ladies!  Maybe i'll stick to the 2lb for a few months until i master all 3 levels of workouts and then move to the 5lb.  i already have the muscle in my upper arms from working around the farm but it needs some good toning still.

Ok, so I realized my goal of doing this every day is not going to happen huh.gif Day 1 was last Wed and then I thought I would do it on Fri again, but it was my bday weekend so we were cooking out by the pool all weekend and I kind of forgot about it. So now I have decided to do this 3 days a week to start with and then when it becomes a routine to increase that to 5 times a week etc. I started over yesterday so that was my Day 2 and level 1 already feels a lot easier (maybe bc I knew what was coming) so I continued on and did half of level 2 as well before I decided that it was enough for the day.